BF Anti-Consumerism Solidarity Thread [Today is: Sucker's Sunday]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I buy things I see a use for at the moment. and whether or not I have the cash. VSL has recently behaved much like the rest of the DAW/plug-ins market in this regard, but used to not at all.

So, I don’t recall Black Friday or Boxing Day or anything actually entering into it. as far as full saturation, there are innovations in the last year or so one cannot have sussed prior to. (Ambisonics-related.)

I don’t collect the stuff, and previous mistakes burned…

It's Thicc Thursday ya'all. (ok, not quite, I'm cheating, but it's close enough)

I didn't buy anything! What do I win?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:27 pm I didn't buy anything! What do I win?
You get to buy things at a slightly higher price.

Mind you, pre-Christmas sales will happen - then post - then New Years. Oh. And it seems this week is now being called "Cyber Week". So you can still have sex by text with various outlets for another day or two.

The one thing I was looking at was Sonuscore's The Orchestra Complete 2. That was almost 200€ off. The other is EW Platinum Orchestra which is 700€ off, but I don't have the storage space for that, and would therefore require another purchase of an external 2 TB SSD, which I cannot justify.
I expect my Christmas totals are already over a grand. Eastman guitar, Beatles' Revolver Deluxe set, an exercise thingy for my arms, shoulders and chest, Tonex.
Really, I have no cause to want anything more.
And I already have software up the wazoo.
Not like some of you, of course.... :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The software up the wazoo sounds quite experimental.

Though, from all of that - and considering what you were eyeing - I wouldn't blame you from holding back.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:32 pm The software up the wazoo sounds quite experimental.

Talk to vurt. He stares at Uranus.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

it's the rings.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:51 pm
Unaspected wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:32 pm The software up the wazoo sounds quite experimental.

Talk to vurt. He stares at Uranus.
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:05 pmit's the rings.
I'm not that old. Only one ring at present. 8)

'one ring only' fan?

bound to be and all

nix808 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:29 pm 'one ring only' fan?

bound to be and all
Apparently vurt has been checking me out.

Still got it. :hyper:

must be a carnelian ring
-vurt needs a good tempting
8D

Unaspected wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:30 pm
nix808 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:29 pm 'one ring only' fan?

bound to be and all
Apparently vurt has been checking me out.

Still got it. :hyper:
Classic vurt.

Welcome to satisfied Saturday. The Saturday following small business Saturday where you are so satisfied that you don't seek out new shopping satisfaction. To paraphrase captain verbosity: The question of whether one "can't get no satisfaction" is moot when one is satisfied in the sense of the "satiated self" that is only achieved through the act of sequestering the desire to seek new forms of satisfaction.

nix808 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:43 pm must be a carnelian ring
-vurt needs a good tempting
8D
Carnelian is a stabilising stone that helps restore vitality and motivation, and stimulates creativity.
Definitely.

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:57 pm Welcome to satisfied Saturday. The Saturday following small business Saturday where you are so satisfied that you don't seek out new shopping satisfaction. To paraphrase captain verbosity: The question of whether one "can't get no satisfaction" is moot when one is satisfied in the sense of the "satiated self" that is only achieved through the act of sequestering the desire to seek new forms of satisfaction.
Anyway. I'm doing this now :wheee:

PA have all the Neold stuff at $19.99 and I have a $25 voucher. Minimum spend is something like $32. So if I buy two, I'm paying $15, which is around £13.00 or £6.50 per plugin. Haven't bought anything from PA for months and they've finally got me. I don't think I can resist this.

So it'll be Warble and something else. I've heard good things about this line and I love Reimund's work. Might demo Needlepoint as well but I think I'll be pairing Warble with Big Al. We'll see what my ears tell me to do.

No fear until the bill appears! :shock:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”