Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

jamcat wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:41 pm All I'm missing are some plugins that don't seem to be in development anymore:

Virtual Sound Stage
PG-8X
Jamstix
ezplayer

And of those, the only one I really care about is Virtual Sound Stage.

yeah ezPlayer is discontinued i think?

i'm waiting on Kush, and Cytomic
i can't really move to native full-time without either :(

Yes, Toontrack discontinued ezplayer back in November 2019.

I can use Virtual Sound Stage in native Studio One by loading the AU version, which Rosetta2 bridges. But the question is: for how long?

Virtual Sound Stage uses negligible CPU, so I'm not too concerned about it not being native, unlike T-RackS Tape Machines. My CPU has dropped from 94% usage running Studio One in Rosetta2 on a full project with Tape Machine 80 on every channel to 77% usage running Studio One native.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Sonsig Rev A reverb now M1 Native.

Aww, seeing PG-8X makes me a little sad, not unlike SQ8L.

I should point out that you can also use ezplayer and PG-8X in native Apple Silicon Studio One by using the AU versions.

PG-8X:
You need to download the discontinued PG-8X AU beta

and delete com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache from Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Caches > AudioUnitCache to get it to show up. (You may need to reboot after to get the cache to rebuild.)

ezplayer:
You will need to first create an instance of EZplayer in Studio One, then create a new External Device in Studio One > Preferences... and set it to receive from EZplayer to send MIDI from it to another plugin. Once you've created an EZplayer external device, you can select it as an MIDI input for another plugin just as you would a MIDI controller.

These principles will probably work in other DAWs and with other plugins as well.
Last edited by jamcat on Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

I really wish developers without any intention of future development would open source their code, or at least pass it along to a trusted active developer to keep it alive.

damn, I just realised i can't go silicon native if i wanna use my MIDI plugins.
FeelYourSound stuff mostly. That's a ball breaker.

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:50 am You need to download the discontinued PG-8X AU beta
Where do I find this?

btfnk wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 am
jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:50 am You need to download the discontinued PG-8X AU beta
Where do I find this?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... eezxa?dl=0

jamcat wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:41 pm All I'm missing are some plugins that don't seem to be in development anymore:

Virtual Sound Stage
PG-8X
Jamstix
ezplayer

It's getting better and better, but there's still others missing:

- Lexicon PCM Bundle
- Relab VSR S24 (will be updated to the 6000 verb)
- Garritan CFX Concert Grand (don't think this will ever come, and the ARIA player is terrible)
- HALion 6 (Sonic SE is native now, so I can use the sounds if needed)
- UJAM (Amber, Silk and Sparkle)
- Battery 4 (but since we just got Massive back, I have good hope this will follow shortly)
- VSL Synchron Piano (had it demo'd but skipped on it as it clicks and pops like hell in Rosetta 2)

I wouldn’t count on PCM Bundle.

Lexicon PCM reverbs M1 native are coming in 2023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

Audioease's Snapper and Barbabatch are M1 compatible.

https://www.audioease.com/barbabatch
https://www.audioease.com/snapper/
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 12.4.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays, Lynx Aurora (n) USB, DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com

eagle007 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:02 pm

Virtual Sound Stage
PG-8X
Jamstix
ezplayer

It's getting better and better, but there's still others missing:

- Lexicon PCM Bundle
- Relab VSR S24 (will be updated to the 6000 verb)
- Garritan CFX Concert Grand (don't think this will ever come, and the ARIA player is terrible)
- HALion 6 (Sonic SE is native now, so I can use the sounds if needed)
- UJAM (Amber, Silk and Sparkle)
- Battery 4 (but since we just got Massive back, I have good hope this will follow shortly)
- VSL Synchron Piano (had it demo'd but skipped on it as it clicks and pops like hell in Rosetta 2)
Battery 4 is coming in January 2023 along with Reaktor 6

Yeah there are still major omissions here ion terms of native support.

All VSL products including VEP are not silicon native.

Reason Studios and Pro Tools still not native.

PSP are about halfway there, NI are finally plugging along as well.

Audio Ease only have Snapper and Barbera Batch as native. Probably the new folly oriented room verbs as well.

Then there's all the halfway dead products like Air, Nomad Factory, Ohm etc.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”