Which LiquidSonics Reverb?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
5419 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 am

One tip for potential buyers: If you are interested in Tai Chi and more than one reverbs overall, start with Tai Chi Lite. Then, remember to request your coupon after purchase. Once you get the email, go for Tai Chi Upgrade and then again request your coupon. This way, you will get one 10% off coupon and one 20% off coupon instead of only getting one 20% off coupon for Tai Chi purchase.

Then, as already mentioned, buy only one plugin at a time, as required.

I think it is worth to buy one plugin at a time AND request for your coupon immediately after each purchase, just so that you get coupons for lite/standard versions and upgrade versions separately and thus get more benefit.

EnsoLake
KVRist
39 posts since 15 Nov, 2017

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 am

Or maybe first visit the forum on vi-control.net and read the spreadsheet (!) with purchase strategies. It's in the deals tier 2 forum. :)

fese
KVRAF
2058 posts since 14 Sep, 2004 from $HOME

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:52 am

Plugin purchasing sure has become complicated. Isn’t there an AI that can help with it?

aMUSEd
KVRAF
34202 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:17 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 am One tip for potential buyers: If you are interested in Tai Chi and more than one reverbs overall, start with Tai Chi Lite. Then, remember to request your coupon after purchase. Once you get the email, go for Tai Chi Upgrade and then again request your coupon. This way, you will get one 10% off coupon and one 20% off coupon instead of only getting one 20% off coupon for Tai Chi purchase.

Then, as already mentioned, buy only one plugin at a time, as required.

I think it is worth to buy one plugin at a time AND request for your coupon immediately after each purchase, just so that you get coupons for lite/standard versions and upgrade versions separately and thus get more benefit.
Yep that's what I did (except not the lite versions)

zvenx
KVRAF
11888 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:40 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:40 am I am unable to find the factory presets location for Tai Chi Lite, which I just bought. Does anyone know if we can access the factory presets folder and where if yes?

By the way, the 10% off discount coupon I received doesn't work for Tai Chi or Tai Chi Upgrade. What a bummer!
I thought you couldn't do that.
rsp
sound sculptist

HcDoom
KVRAF
1576 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:28 pm

Anyone has experience with Seventh Heaven Pro? Pros/cons? Thx

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:59 pm

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:40 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:40 am I am unable to find the factory presets location for Tai Chi Lite, which I just bought. Does anyone know if we can access the factory presets folder and where if yes?

By the way, the 10% off discount coupon I received doesn't work for Tai Chi or Tai Chi Upgrade. What a bummer!
I thought you couldn't do that.
rsp
Yeah, regarding the discount coupon point, I confirmed with their support and it is not allowed just to be fair with other users, which is acceptable.

Regarding presets location, just in case, I found it (from memory it's in Program Data folder).

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:05 pm

HcDoom wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:28 pm Anyone has experience with Seventh Heaven Pro? Pros/cons? Thx
One con could be that it needs about 10 GB hard drive space.

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:08 pm

I bought something that I did not initially think I would - Reverberate 3. With stacked discount coupons, it was a great deal and it sounds excellent. I could just do with the tons of presets, additional free IR sets and minor tweaking, as it is a little complicated for me.

Next, I am thinking about Illusion since the price is tempting with stacked coupons (I know, I know) and it seems to be more versatile than Cinematic Rooms. So, it will be Tai Chi + Reverberate 3 + Illusion for me.

I wonder if it would make sense to still grab Seventh Heaven Standard after getting the above? I think ease of use would probably be the only advantage with Seventh Heaven? Also, is Seventh Heaven (theoretically) the next cleanest sounding reverb after Cinematic Rooms in the LiquidSonics catalog?

plexuss
KVRAF
5418 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:57 am
plexuss wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:18 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:48 pm So, I am tempted to get one more reverb ...
Because of The Law of GAS, you will end up with them all, so it doesn't really matter what you get now or later. But don't worry. In less than a year you'll have the whole product line.

Ask me how I know...
Haha, I was afraid of getting such a reply...
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:08 pm I bought something that I did not initially think I would...

Next, I am thinking about Illusion ... Cinematic ... Rooms ... Tai Ch ... Reverberate 3...

I wonder if it would make sense to still grab Seventh Heaven...
Wow it's happening faster than I thought!

I have them all too. No worries. You are in good company. We can walk you through it.

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:13 am

plexuss wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:48 pm So, I am tempted to get one more reverb ...
Because of The Law of GAS, you will end up with them all, so it doesn't really matter what you get now or later. But don't worry. In less than a year you'll have the whole product line.

Ask me how I know...
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:08 pm I bought something that I did not initially think I would...

Next, I am thinking about Illusion ... Cinematic ... Rooms ... Tai Ch ... Reverberate 3...

I have them all too. No worries. You are in good company. We can walk you through it.
Because these are one of the very few things that I have been interested in this Black Friday season, and LS sale is ending soon, so I might as well get all the ones I want and can get cheaply.

I will skip Seventh Heaven Pro and Cinematic Rooms Standard/Pro as those are the most expensive ones and other reverbs cover all the bases very nicely at a cheaper price point.

plexuss
KVRAF
5418 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:42 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:13 am
plexuss wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 pm

Ask me how I know...

Because these are one of the very few things that I have been interested in this Black Friday season, and LS sale is ending soon, so I might as well get all the ones I want and can get cheaply.

I will skip Seventh Heaven Pro and Cinematic Rooms Standard/Pro as those are the most expensive ones and other reverbs cover all the bases very nicely at a cheaper price point.
Yes they are all excellent reverbs, top tier IMHO. Get what you can afford and leave the rest for the future. It's always nice when LS has a sale and you get a great offer as an existing customer. Their incentive strategy makes it easy to acquire all their products over time.

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:57 am

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:42 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:13 am Because these are one of the very few things that I have been interested in this Black Friday season, and LS sale is ending soon, so I might as well get all the ones I want and can get cheaply.

Yes they are all excellent reverbs, top tier IMHO. Get what you can afford and leave the rest for the future. It's always nice when LS has a sale and you get a great offer as an existing customer. Their incentive strategy makes it easy to acquire all their products over time.
Yeah, they indeed are and their loyalty scheme is pretty deceptive (in a good way). Never thought I will spend on reverbs again, but here I am! haha

chagzuki
KVRAF
2874 posts since 26 Mar, 2002 from london

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:14 am

I just saw a demo of the ducking in Illusion whereby one can choose whether to duck body, reflections or both. Do any of the other reverbs have this same degree of control?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:55 am

chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:14 am I just saw a demo of the ducking in Illusion whereby one can choose whether to duck body, reflections or both. Do any of the other reverbs have this same degree of control?
Take a look at Tai Chi, same price.

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/tai-chi/

Return to “Effects”