Which LiquidSonics Reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:40 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:40 pm I am unable to find the factory presets location for Tai Chi Lite, which I just bought. Does anyone know if we can access the factory presets folder and where if yes?

By the way, the 10% off discount coupon I received doesn't work for Tai Chi or Tai Chi Upgrade. What a bummer!
I thought you couldn't do that.
rsp
Yeah, regarding the discount coupon point, I confirmed with their support and it is not allowed just to be fair with other users, which is acceptable.

Regarding presets location, just in case, I found it (from memory it's in Program Data folder).

HcDoom wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm Anyone has experience with Seventh Heaven Pro? Pros/cons? Thx
One con could be that it needs about 10 GB hard drive space.

I bought something that I did not initially think I would - Reverberate 3. With stacked discount coupons, it was a great deal and it sounds excellent. I could just do with the tons of presets, additional free IR sets and minor tweaking, as it is a little complicated for me.

Next, I am thinking about Illusion since the price is tempting with stacked coupons (I know, I know) and it seems to be more versatile than Cinematic Rooms. So, it will be Tai Chi + Reverberate 3 + Illusion for me.

I wonder if it would make sense to still grab Seventh Heaven Standard after getting the above? I think ease of use would probably be the only advantage with Seventh Heaven? Also, is Seventh Heaven (theoretically) the next cleanest sounding reverb after Cinematic Rooms in the LiquidSonics catalog?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:57 am
plexuss wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:18 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:48 am So, I am tempted to get one more reverb ...
Because of The Law of GAS, you will end up with them all, so it doesn't really matter what you get now or later. But don't worry. In less than a year you'll have the whole product line.

Ask me how I know...
Haha, I was afraid of getting such a reply...
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:08 am I bought something that I did not initially think I would...

Next, I am thinking about Illusion ... Cinematic ... Rooms ... Tai Ch ... Reverberate 3...

I wonder if it would make sense to still grab Seventh Heaven...
Wow it's happening faster than I thought!

I have them all too. No worries. You are in good company. We can walk you through it.

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:56 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:48 am So, I am tempted to get one more reverb ...
Because of The Law of GAS, you will end up with them all, so it doesn't really matter what you get now or later. But don't worry. In less than a year you'll have the whole product line.

Ask me how I know...
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:08 am I bought something that I did not initially think I would...

Next, I am thinking about Illusion ... Cinematic ... Rooms ... Tai Ch ... Reverberate 3...

I have them all too. No worries. You are in good company. We can walk you through it.
Because these are one of the very few things that I have been interested in this Black Friday season, and LS sale is ending soon, so I might as well get all the ones I want and can get cheaply.

I will skip Seventh Heaven Pro and Cinematic Rooms Standard/Pro as those are the most expensive ones and other reverbs cover all the bases very nicely at a cheaper price point.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:13 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:56 am

Ask me how I know...

Because these are one of the very few things that I have been interested in this Black Friday season, and LS sale is ending soon, so I might as well get all the ones I want and can get cheaply.

I will skip Seventh Heaven Pro and Cinematic Rooms Standard/Pro as those are the most expensive ones and other reverbs cover all the bases very nicely at a cheaper price point.
Yes they are all excellent reverbs, top tier IMHO. Get what you can afford and leave the rest for the future. It's always nice when LS has a sale and you get a great offer as an existing customer. Their incentive strategy makes it easy to acquire all their products over time.

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:42 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:13 am Because these are one of the very few things that I have been interested in this Black Friday season, and LS sale is ending soon, so I might as well get all the ones I want and can get cheaply.

Yes they are all excellent reverbs, top tier IMHO. Get what you can afford and leave the rest for the future. It's always nice when LS has a sale and you get a great offer as an existing customer. Their incentive strategy makes it easy to acquire all their products over time.
Yeah, they indeed are and their loyalty scheme is pretty deceptive (in a good way). Never thought I will spend on reverbs again, but here I am! haha

I just saw a demo of the ducking in Illusion whereby one can choose whether to duck body, reflections or both. Do any of the other reverbs have this same degree of control?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:14 am I just saw a demo of the ducking in Illusion whereby one can choose whether to duck body, reflections or both. Do any of the other reverbs have this same degree of control?
Take a look at Tai Chi, same price.

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/tai-chi/

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:55 am Take a look at Tai Chi, same price.

Cheers, yes, I'd just bought the lite version and didn't realise the full version had that functionality. I'll have to consider upgrading. The features are very well thought out, and it's a great-sounding reverb, for sure.

chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:28 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:55 am Take a look at Tai Chi, same price.

Cheers, yes, I'd just bought the lite version and didn't realise the full version had that functionality. I'll have to consider upgrading. The features are very well thought out, and it's a great-sounding reverb, for sure.
It’s an extraordinarily flexible reverb. The multi band RT60 contours give you a huge range of effects. It’s cool to emphasize the upper midrange decay times and subtle chorus for a shimmering effect.

masterhiggins wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:50 pm
chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:28 pm

It’s an extraordinarily flexible reverb. The multi band RT60 contours give you a huge range of effects. It’s cool to emphasize the upper midrange decay times and subtle chorus for a shimmering effect.
Agree with both.

Yeah, the upgrade is definitely worth it. I bought Lite first too, but once I watched the official walkthrough on their website, I was sold. There's also a helpful video linked a couple pages back.

And here's the same channel demonstrating only audio examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_YSq0S_PaQ

i am addicted to reverbs and i am not sure why
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:32 pm i am addicted to reverbs and i am not sure why
You are not the only one. :)

Any recommendations for the specific use case of adding lively ambience to electronic drums? I'm less interested in a realistic room than something that sounds 'alive' (whatever that means), and which doesn't create a brittle and harsh reflected echo of the kick transient (as early reflection modellers tend to do).

Return to “Effects”