Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Don't let these grumblings of mine distract you from the fact that I think CLAP is what we've all been (perhaps unknowingly) waiting for, for years :)
I can't wait for the day I can finally nuke my entire VST3 dir (it isn't too crowded in the first place anyway). That's still far in the future, if it ever happens. I can only hope...

BTW, the new update has fixed the issue for me:
crickey13 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:14 pm When you hover above the help button, the synth starts displaying help comments without you clicking on the button and this cannot be turned off, you have to close down the GUI and open it back again in order to make it go away.
Not sure what the heck that was all about, but it seems to be gone now thankfully.

WOW :tu: Thank you kindly Wave Warden! :hyper:
Just dropping a note of appreciation for Odin 2
It sounds spectacular, it's super fast & fun to patch,
AND 8) …it supports CLAP :clap: :clap: :clap:
:party: :party: :party:
TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:20 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:08 pm It reminds me of the Reason synth Thor, not only the name, but the GUI and the measurements :)
There might have been a slight inspiration ;-)

Usually, when I see FREE, I pass on by. Very few free synths, IMO, have ever sounded really good.

So imagine my surprise when I heard how amazing this thing sounds and not just for a free synth. I have paid for synths that don't sound this good. I absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants a great sounding synth that won't cost you anything more than your time downloading it.

I almost feel guilty getting this for nothing.

.....Annnnnnd it supports Linux! A big thank you from me too! This is a wonderful plugin!! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Count me as an Odin II fanboy.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

petedako wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:44 pm WOW :tu: Thank you kindly Wave Warden! :hyper:
Just dropping a note of appreciation for Odin 2
It sounds spectacular, it's super fast & fun to patch,
AND 8) …it supports CLAP :clap: :clap: :clap:
:party: :party: :party:
wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:21 pm So imagine my surprise when I heard how amazing this thing sounds and not just for a free synth. I have paid for synths that don't sound this good. I absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants a great sounding synth that won't cost you anything more than your time downloading it.

I almost feel guilty getting this for nothing.
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:49 am .....Annnnnnd it supports Linux! A big thank you from me too! This is a wonderful plugin!! :-)
Boy Wonder wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:38 am Count me as an Odin II fanboy.
Thanks guys! It always makes my day to read from people enjoying Odin 2 :D

If you like the sound (and y'all feel guilty for not paying 8) ), the filters are available as a standalone FX unit with four MSEGs in Filter Force. There's also a free version if you want to try it!

Edit: Filter Force is just a spin-off of the synth I'm developing ATM :wink: It's codenamed Odin 3, but I doubt it will keep the name since it differs quite a lot from Odin's concept already.
Last edited by TheWaveWarden on Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:06 pm the filters are available as a standalone FX unit with four MSEGs in Filter Force. There's also a free version if you want to try it!
Hi! What's the difference between Filter Force and Filter Force Free?

Asking for a friend... :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:07 pm Hi! What's the difference between Filter Force and Filter Force Free?

Asking for a friend... :wink:
Filter Force Free limits you to LPF24 and HPF24 (out of 21 total filters characteristics) and also only two (out of four) MSEGs :)

No Linux support? 😢 Will Filter Force or your new “Odin 3” synth support Linux?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:22 pm No Linux support? 😢 Will Filter Force or your new “Odin 3” synth support Linux?
Yeah this bugged me quite a lot (I'm on linux myself). I hit a roadblock with OpenGL during development, which I couldn't solve at the time hence only macOS and Windows for Filter Force. That being said I found a workaround earlier this week, so the upcoming synth will (in all likelyhood) have a linux version :tu: I'm not sure if the fix will be applied back into Filter Force as well. Only if I have spare time on my hands :)

Does anyone use Odin 2 on Reaper? I downloaded the latest version (Odin 2.3.4) and found a problem with the presets. This is on Windows 11.

I select a preset I like. If I close the synth window (ie the FX button on the track) and then re-open it, it no longer shows the preset I selected. Although the preset sound itself is still selected, it shows no preset as being active in the Preset Library.

bagpipe200 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:50 pm Does anyone use Odin 2 on Reaper? I downloaded the latest version (Odin 2.3.4) and found a problem with the presets. This is on Windows 11.

I select a preset I like. If I close the synth window (ie the FX button on the track) and then re-open it, it no longer shows the preset I selected. Although the preset sound itself is still selected, it shows no preset as being active in the Preset Library.
It's not just Reaper, or Windows 11. I can confirm that this also applies to the VST3 in Studio One and Ableton on Windows 10.

Also tried the CLAP plugin on Reaper. Same issue...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It probably does not communicate the preset name (and only the name) to the host. It must not recall that preset, as you might have tweaked it without saving it…

bagpipe200 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:50 pm Does anyone use Odin 2 on Reaper? I downloaded the latest version (Odin 2.3.4) and found a problem with the presets. This is on Windows 11.

Same here, both VST3 and CLAP versions, using Reaper with Linux (Ubuntu 22.04).
Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:07 amIt must not recall that preset, as you might have tweaked it without saving it…
Well, yes. But other plugins still manage to display the preset name after closing and reopening, even if a setting has been changed.

Return to “Instruments”