The new HA2A a classic compressor brought into 21st century

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have just released the new HA2A a classic opto compressor emulation that bings this studio standard in to the 21st century.
HA2A recreates the true sound of the hardware and adds many features that are a must win this day and age like auto gain, auto compression, linked input and output, auto makeup gain, etc.

Here’s the complete list of features:
  • Faithful sound recreation of this famous compressor.
    Input and output VU Meter.
    Automatic input gain.
    Linked input and output gain.
    Mode selector between stereo, dual mono, mid and side.
    Auto gain makeup for the compressor.
    Automatic gain reduction setting.
    Dry and wet level controls for parallel compression.
    Analog emulation and hiss.
    Bypass that keep the analog engine active (so you can use the plugin as a tube saturator).
    Intelligent oversampling that allows the plugin to always work internally at 192kHz.
    Vector user interface which is sharp on every resolution.
    Freely resizable user interface.
    Apple Silicon M1 support.
    macOS (10.11 and later) and Windows (Vista and later) support.
    64-bit on Mac and Windows.
    Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.
HoRNet HA2A is available for just 19,99€ on https://www.hornetplugins.com as always, we provide a 15 days 100% money back guarantee but you can try the demo before buying.

Our customers that has the complete bundle can have the plugin with 40% discount.

Hi,

I don't understand how the Auto function works (bottom bar). That only sets the input level according to the selected VU level, right, and has no effect on the output level (unless input and output are linked) right?
That said, what do Auto Makeup and Compensation do then?

Furthermore, the modelled non-linearities are three, the input transformer (which depends on the input level), the tube amplifiers (dependent on the Gain control) and the output transformer, which depends on the output level, right? So if I want maximum transparency (without turning off Analog), I should set input to 0VU (or less) through the Auto feature and make sure that the output meter only occasionally peaks over 0 (maybe delinking input and output)?

Thanks.

Oh, and with Auto Makeup, what does the Gain pot do?

ampetrosillo wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:37 pm Hi,

I don't understand how the Auto function works (bottom bar). That only sets the input level according to the selected VU level, right, and has no effect on the output level (unless input and output are linked) right?
Yes the auto button engages the auto input gain so that the input transformer is hit at the level you desire.
ampetrosillo wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:37 pm That said, what do Auto Makeup and Compensation do then?
Auto make up adds some gain back to the signal and it linked to the "peak reduction knob" it compensates for the gain loss that happens with the compression. Normally you do this with the "gain knob" which drives the output tube amplifier.
Since we have the auto makeup compensation, the gain knob can be used as a way to add tone grit to the sound but since this would increase the output level we have "compensation" switch that reduces the output gain back to the original level so that you can use the output tube amplifier just as a distortion unit.
ampetrosillo wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:37 pm Furthermore, the modelled non-linearities are three, the input transformer (which depends on the input level), the tube amplifiers (dependent on the Gain control) and the output transformer, which depends on the output level, right? So if I want maximum transparency (without turning off Analog), I should set input to 0VU (or less) through the Auto feature and make sure that the output meter only occasionally peaks over 0 (maybe delinking input and output)?

Thanks.
1. hit the input transformer at 0VU
2. set the gain reduction you want
3. keep the gain knob in its default position (unity gain)
3. disable the makup gain (so you reach with a low level the output amplifier)
4. unlink the output knob in the bottom of the plugin
5. set the output level to compensate for the compression gain reduction.

The output knob in the bottom of the plugin comes *after* the output transformer so it's a pure digital gain knob

Saverio

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”