DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Moss,

Thank you for your invaluable work on this script. You're a star

For future options, in the session view which is the only aspect I'm interested in really which I use with my launchpad. Is it possible to have
1. An ability (maybe with a shift) to have the arrows move the clip view by a page (ie 8 scenes) instead of scene by scene
2. Clip launching to be on a toggle. Click to start clip, click to stop it again as opposed to having to go to the Stop clip view.

Many thanks
A

Novation 49SL MK3
when I map some parameters to the knobs, is there a way to display the parameter name in the screen?
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

orenmi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:06 pm Novation 49SL MK3
when I map some parameters to the knobs, is there a way to display the parameter name in the screen?

image.jpeg
You need to enter the USER mode first! Otherwise you will map the whole knob to the parameter and it cannot be used for anything else anymore.

To enter user mode:
1) Select the device mode (UP button)
2) Press the UP button again and keep it pressed
3) Select the user mode with the 8th button ("User Prms")

In this mode you can map up to 64 parameters (8x8).

got it, thanks!
Then to see it (or reach it later) I need to stay or go back to user mode?
Is this setting is only for this specific project or is there a way to save default mapping per device? (more Bitwig question)

Dear Jurgen,

Your work is utmost thankfully received, a great help and most of all an enabler for doing what I intend to do with controllers! Im using your scripts for Launchcontrol XL, Launchpad Mini and Launchkey MK3 and I love them! I also love the documentation, and that its written in LaTeX!! :D

Im using the Launchkey MK3, and use almost all the functions you have programmed for it.

There is one thing which I think would be a great addition: a Delete mode. Just like you made on the Launchpad Mini (on the SHIFT page, Delete Active mode). I thought it would be a great addition to the Submodes Menu in the Session Mode to add such a mode. You now have made buttons: 1)Session mode 2) Record Arm, 3) Track Select, 4) Mute, 5) Solo and 6) Stop Clip. And I thought an additional mode: 7) Delete Active would be a great addition. It would then return to the Session Mode in which you can delete clips by pressing clips. Perhaps indicate that 'Delete Clip Mode' has been activated by turning the 'Stop, Solo, Mute' to a different color (Lightblue was still available)?

It was just a thought,

Your work is utmost appreciated! Thank you so very much!!

Kind regards, Joost

HI sir

There is this thing that happens if I unplug the akai fire, the audio engine shuts off in Bitwig. A crash report pops up

orenmi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:35 am got it, thanks!
Then to see it (or reach it later) I need to stay or go back to user mode?
Is this setting is only for this specific project or is there a way to save default mapping per device? (more Bitwig question)
Correct. User parameters are always per project but you can store them in you default template if you always want to have it mapped to the same parameters.

joostvanhooijdonk wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:54 am Your work is utmost thankfully received, a great help and most of all an enabler for doing what I intend to do with controllers! Im using your scripts for Launchcontrol XL, Launchpad Mini and Launchkey MK3
Nice setup!
joostvanhooijdonk wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:54 am and I love them! I also love the documentation, and that its written in LaTeX!! :D
Actually, it is written in simple markup, then converted to tex and then to PDF :-)

joostvanhooijdonk wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:54 am Im using the Launchkey MK3, and use almost all the functions you have programmed for it.

There is one thing which I think would be a great addition: a Delete mode. Just like you made on the Launchpad Mini (on the SHIFT page, Delete Active mode). I thought it would be a great addition to the Submodes Menu in the Session Mode to add such a mode. You now have made buttons: 1)Session mode 2) Record Arm, 3) Track Select, 4) Mute, 5) Solo and 6) Stop Clip. And I thought an additional mode: 7) Delete Active would be a great addition. It would then return to the Session Mode in which you can delete clips by pressing clips. Perhaps indicate that 'Delete Clip Mode' has been activated by turning the 'Stop, Solo, Mute' to a different color (Lightblue was still available)?
Noted.

melodyz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:05 pm HI sir

There is this thing that happens if I unplug the akai fire, the audio engine shuts off in Bitwig. A crash report pops up
That's something you should report to Bitwig support.

Hello. Many thanks for your great work ! I recently got a LaunchPad Mini Mk3. In volume mode the change can be by smaller steps depending on the number of pad presses. Sometimes when generally incrementing the track's volume, a non-lit pad will start at the lowest setting until it reaches full colour while pressing the next pad afterwards will start at full colour/volume for that step and subsequent presses will lower the volume.

Is there a way to always have a yet unlit pad start at the lower volume when generally incrementing the track's volume ?

Cheers.

49SL mk3, there is a bug when the keyboard is played after it was in sleep mode. The lights flicker after pressing a key.
If I click "in control" twice its going back to normal.
A video that shows it:
https://youtu.be/igc9qHr633Y

mevla wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:32 pm Hello. Many thanks for your great work ! I recently got a LaunchPad Mini Mk3. In volume mode the change can be by smaller steps depending on the number of pad presses. Sometimes when generally incrementing the track's volume, a non-lit pad will start at the lowest setting until it reaches full colour while pressing the next pad afterwards will start at full colour/volume for that step and subsequent presses will lower the volume.

Is there a way to always have a yet unlit pad start at the lower volume when generally incrementing the track's volume ?

Cheers.
I see what you mean. Will see if I can improve this.

orenmi wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:09 am 49SL mk3, there is a bug when the keyboard is played after it was in sleep mode. The lights flicker after pressing a key.
If I click "in control" twice its going back to normal.
A video that shows it:
https://youtu.be/igc9qHr633Y
Hmm, I am afraid there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe you can try to contact Novation if there is something they can fix in the wake-up process.

Hello. Using a LaunchControl XL Mk2 it often happens that in Mix Mode the Sends and Pan knobs do not work while the volume faders still are. I'm using it along with a LaunchPad mk3 - can there be some interference ? Then I add a track, all controls are working n the new track and it 'woke up' the other controls too as they start working. This is with Bitwig 4.4.3 on Xubuntu 22.04.

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:04 pm Hello. Using a LaunchControl XL Mk2 it often happens that in Mix Mode the Sends and Pan knobs do not work while the volume faders still are. I'm using it along with a LaunchPad mk3 - can there be some interference ? Then I add a track, all controls are working n the new track and it 'woke up' the other controls too as they start working. This is with Bitwig 4.4.3 on Xubuntu 22.04.

Cheers.
Don't think that it could be an interference. But could be that it is a situation where the knobs do not get mapped again. Can you give some steps to reproduce it?

Return to “Controller Scripting”