Interesting post-Catalina (OSX 10.15.7) / SonicBirth 1.3.5 discovery

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AndrewJones wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:22 pm I'm having trouble finding 1.3.5 as well if anyone want to help me out. thx!
Contact me.

Hi everybody, I’m Luca and i’m new here. I’m interested in the 64 bits version but I can’t write or read pm for now...Kvr tells me to write at least two posts. Anyway, I have one question, the 1.3.5 version is compatible with El Capitan? Thanks to all and thanks for this impressive application!

Yes, it's totally compatible with macOS 10.11. Up to macOS 10.14.

macOS 10.15, 11 and 12, present various incompatibilities.

Kewl wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:24 am Yes, it's totally compatible with macOS 10.11. Up to macOS 10.14.

macOS 10.15, 11 and 12, present various incompatibilities.
I'd like to add that all of my plugins are working fine here in OS 11.6.3, *however* I do need to 'compile" them in my OSX 10.12.6 laptop then manually move the component files to the 11.6.3 system.

One peculiarity I've encountered is that in previous OS I needed to be sure to check the "32-bit" box, or horrible crackling and distortion would happen, but sometimes - sometimes, the opposite is true in OS 11

Thanks for the reply! I’ve got another question, I’ve notice that the equation make the plugin lighter than 2 or more arithmetic calculation. Do you have any other trick to lighten the plugin? Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean, some of my plugins have hundreds of elements, some ony a few dozen, they never seem to overwhelm the system (according to the CPU indicator).

zmix wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:57 pm I'm not sure what you mean, some of my plugins have hundreds of elements, some ony a few dozen, they never seem to overwhelm the system (according to the CPU indicator).
Hi zmix, I’m trying to build a channel strip, a very poor version of ssl. When I load it, for example, 30 stereo plugin in logic, I’ve notice a little difference between building the plugin with arithmetic operation instead of equation.
I repeat myself, it’s a very little difference, but it make me curious
Thanks

Any sequence of math operations that can be regrouped into one equation will be more efficient CPU-wise. Something like this, for exemple:
Capture d’écran, le 2022-03-29 à 12.35.37.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It would be great to have a working version again of Sonicbirth!

Who did develop this working version? I assumed SB was dead in the water!

Antoine Missout, the original SonicBirth developper, did the 1.3.5 update in December 2017 to make it 64-bit compatible.

Kewl wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:57 pm
Q-mii wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:29 pm Where can I find this elusive 1.3.5?
Contact me.
Oh dang, I haven't done so for ages. I'll get to it!

also looking for the 1.3.5 and also the v 2

i still have the svn of 1.3.0+1.3.5 if anyone needs it

Kewl - not sure how to contact you

thanks all in advance

Is there any chance that I can get my old SonicBirth plugins working on a new Apple silicon based laptop?

Return to “SonicBirth”