Realphones by dSONIQ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

In the dSONIQ BF sale, Realphones Lite + the 3 Profiles addon is slightly cheaper than buying the Professional version, even though they will both have the same feature set as far as I can tell.

Is this right, or am I missing something obvious?

Here I see at their website, with the current 40% off sale:

Lite = 41€
3 Profiles= 18€

Professional = 59€ (same as summing the above)

- Mario

In £'s, Lite is £35, 3 profiles are £13, and Professional is £53.

Guess there's a typo and profiles should be 18?

For folks looking for the OPTIMAL way to mix with headphones, I make this suggestion.
After trying just headphones, then Slate VSX, then Sonarworks Sound ID Reference, then Sound ID Reference with Can Opener (and not being satisfied with any of them), Ive discovered the best way for me to mix with headphones that involves both a corrected EQ curve for the headphones AND an added binaural, spatial experience (modeled environments).
The setup required me to buy both Sonarworks Sound ID Reference software AND the calibrated headphones they also sell. This allows the most accurate flattening of the devices EQ curve so it doenst fool me when Im mixing.
Then I bought Realphones, which is able to import the measured headphone data from Sonarwerks and add binaural modeling. Which results in a truer representation of what I am listening to. So far Im very pleased with the results.
318600370_10230328940555749_2227205831895318611_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lasvideo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:33 pm The setup required me to buy both Sonarworks Sound ID Reference software AND the calibrated headphones they also sell. This allows the most accurate flattening of the devices EQ curve so it doenst fool me when Im mixing.
Then I bought Realphones, which is able to import the measured headphone data from Sonarwerks and add binaural modeling. Which results in a truer representation of what I am listening to. So far Im very pleased with the results.
That's funny, I ended up using the same combination. Realphones seems to me natural in it's speaker simulation, whereas the Acustica Audio free thingy (I forget the name) changed the mid/side balance too much, and Waves Ocean Way muddies the lower mids/higher bass to the point where one always thinks the mix is muddy. Realphones manages to keep the integrity of the parts, but I couldn't trust the headphone profile and preferred Sonarworks for that purpose. Never tried Slate though.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

lasvideo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:33 pm For folks looking for the OPTIMAL way to mix with headphones, I make this suggestion.
After trying just headphones, then Slate VSX, then Sonarworks Sound ID Reference, then Sound ID Reference with Can Opener (and not being satisfied with any of them), Ive discovered the best way for me to mix with headphones that involves both a corrected EQ curve for the headphones AND an added binaural, spatial experience (modeled environments).
The setup required me to buy both Sonarworks Sound ID Reference software AND the calibrated headphones they also sell. This allows the most accurate flattening of the devices EQ curve so it doenst fool me when Im mixing.

318600370_10230328940555749_2227205831895318611_n.jpg
So did you end up selling Slate VSX?

Yes.

Hi dSONIQ,

checked your latest update today (I´m a lazy guy) and it´s excellent!!!
No boominess any more to speak of :party:
Thank you so much for this masterpiece.
:phones:
The average bored guy

Now please please please add a spectrum analyzer :pray:
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:22 am checked your latest update today (I´m a lazy guy) and it´s excellent!!!
What's the latest version there diddly squidly if you don't mind (I'm even lazier)
Say NO to CLAP!

1.8.193 is the latest. Pooh, now I need a rest :phew:
The average bored guy

Thanks, I'm stuffed just waiting for the answer, and I even had a night's sleep in between :zzz:
Say NO to CLAP!

Ok, I'm tempted to buy it. With a coupon the Pro version cost about $55. And now they announced the free update for v2 to the user who purchase in 2023
Music Producer from Vitral Music :phones: Check my KVR Feedback.

maldomusica wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:14 pm Ok, I'm tempted to buy it. With a coupon the Pro version cost about $55. And now they announced the free update for v2 to the user who purchase in 2023
Where can I find the coupon?

Return to “Effects”