DMG x AFX : ODDSound MTS-ESP Microtuning System

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

j[b++] wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:38 pm Does that mean, that a plugin that supports i.e. MPE but doesn't support MTS-ESP (like UVI Falcon) would "support" MTS-ESP tuning?

In the case of Falcon that would be gorgeous since I really miss MTS-ESP with that plugin.
Oddsounds MTS-ESP MIDI client can turn regular MIDI into MPE with the right pitch bends for the tuning. So if Falcon reliably supports MPE it should already be possible. I have not found this method nearly as reliable as actual "real" MTS-ESP compatibility, but with patience you can get it to work. Sometimes I retune the Madrona synths this way.

You can do that today with the MTS esp to mpe midi converter can’t you?

Note expressions are different from MPE though. And I don’t know if falcon supports them

I don't get the MTS ESP MIDI client to work smoothly.
On top of that I would have every Falcon preset to work with MPE which I would not like to do.
I would really appreciate it if Falcon would support MTS-ESP directly.
Already contacted the UVI support twice in that manner.

Yeah that makes sense. I'm not a Falcon user, but have tried to retune some other synths using this method, and some of them were less than reliable. The native MTS-ESP implementation is definitely always preferable.

Return to “Effects”