DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Moss,
I’m looking for particular M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini setup/script in BITWIG.
Thanks for your help in advance.

dadamoog wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:21 pm Hi Moss,
I’m looking for particular M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini setup/script in BITWIG.
Thanks for your help in advance.
There is always Generic Flexi...

moss wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:47 pm There is always Generic Flexi...
Thanks for response, Moss.
That’s okay. But the question is - why BITWIG has IGNORED the whole M-AUDIO keys range?
Any particular reason?

Why not include the specific dedicated scripts for a particular models in the official support list?

And also why you are not having a specific dedicated M-AUDIO scripts?

Just a question :)

Thanks.

moss wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:47 pm There is always Generic Flexi...
Yeah, good point. :wink:

In this case that list https://www.bitwig.com/support/technic ... studio-28/
Can be reduced dramatically to only ONE item e.g.

Which controllers are supported in Bitwig Studio?
Below is a list of all controller scripts/extensions that are included with Bitwig Studio.
  • Generic Flexi

Why bother about others

P.S. Just wondering if anyone from OFFICIAL BITWIG support team can also advise?

:wink:

TLDR - Jog Wheel Options that SHOULD work with Flexi (I have no faith in these controllers)
My Options with Korg's Editor for Jog Wheel
  • Continue (Default) CC 86
    Sign Magnitude CC 82
    Inc/Dec CW CC 83 / Inc/Dec CCW CC 85
    Encoder 01/7F
    Encoder 3F/41
No matter the settings in Flexi I never get the jog wheel to work properly. Above is the options in the Korg Controller editor for Jog Wheel. Which one would work best?

These have to be the most infuriating Controllers ever, nanoKontorler Studio and nanoKeys Studio. I have to do registry edits to get them to work in Windows 10 or 11. It's all due to Korg's horrible drivers and firmware programming. They even made a new driver update and it still doesn't work. If I could get the Jog Wheel to work I would at least use the thing.

It's a pain to try all the options for Jog Wheel but due to I can't have any other MIDI program running when I edit the controller so I have to shut down Bitwig and my other midi programs (loopMIDI and MIDIBerry, that is so when I lose connection with the controllers I don't have to retart Bitwig)

I have confirmed the Midi signals as being correct with MIDIBerry, but I can't get Bitwig to use transport/move play cursor.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

dadamoog wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:06 am Why bother about others
And then people could share their saved Flexi scripts. On bitwiggers or elsewhere. Maybe it's already been done, I haven't checked.
Last edited by mevla on Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:33 pm
mevla wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:04 pm Hello. Using a LaunchControl XL Mk2 it often happens that in Mix Mode the Sends and Pan knobs do not work while the volume faders still are. I'm using it along with a LaunchPad mk3 - can there be some interference ? Then I add a track, all controls are working n the new track and it 'woke up' the other controls too as they start working. This is with Bitwig 4.4.3 on Xubuntu 22.04.

Cheers.
Don't think that it could be an interference. But could be that it is a situation where the knobs do not get mapped again. Can you give some steps to reproduce it?
I'm trying to have reproducible steps. Meanwhile - and I'm asking this w/o taking a look at your script - do you have debugging techniques for development ? Maybe I could use some to pinpoint the problem. I worked in C, C++, Perl, and assembler, and like a lot Go while doing some stuff for the Raspberry Pi and Pico. Just mentioning this so that you know that I'm not a newbie in debugging things. If you have debugging techniques, whatever useful, let me know.

Side question : Is there any firmware update to be done for either the Launchpad Mini Mk3 and the LaunchControl XL mk2 ?

Cheers.

HI sir on the akai fire step sequencer mode, i find trying to replace a note on a step a little cumbersome. if we hold down a step that has a note in it and tap a new note, the existing note is deleted rather than replaced. We then have to tap the step again to add the new note.

Also if we have entered long notes, but want to break it up with shorter notes, placing a new note in the middle of the long note, deletes the entire section rather than retain the longer note or even cut it shorter to make room for the new note. Not sure if any improvement can be made there or not.

Also maybe in perform mode and the drum sequencer mode we can get a toggle fill button by pressing alt or something? I know we can map it to user 2 but that uses a knob. Probably running out of controls at this point.

Im almost wondering if we could extend the amount of assigned knobs to 16 or something by making the alt key a toggle between knob controls rather than having to press it down to change just 4 knobs. Imagine what we could do if we had 16 user1 controls and 16 user 2 controls?

A different request. Imagine if there was a control in Bitwig that reloads the current preset back to the original state? What if this control was also assignable to a knob in your script? I have requested this feature. Just a thought.

mevla wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:03 pm Side question : Is there any firmware update to be done for either the Launchpad Mini Mk3 and the LaunchControl XL mk2 ?
Yes, always make sure you have the latest one with the Novation Components app.

mtelesha wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:20 pm TLDR - Jog Wheel Options that SHOULD work with Flexi (I have no faith in these controllers)
My Options with Korg's Editor for Jog Wheel
  • Continue (Default) CC 86
    Sign Magnitude CC 82
    Inc/Dec CW CC 83 / Inc/Dec CCW CC 85
    Encoder 01/7F
    Encoder 3F/41
No matter the settings in Flexi I never get the jog wheel to work properly. Above is the options in the Korg Controller editor for Jog Wheel. Which one would work best?

These have to be the most infuriating Controllers ever, nanoKontorler Studio and nanoKeys Studio. I have to do registry edits to get them to work in Windows 10 or 11. It's all due to Korg's horrible drivers and firmware programming. They even made a new driver update and it still doesn't work. If I could get the Jog Wheel to work I would at least use the thing.

It's a pain to try all the options for Jog Wheel but due to I can't have any other MIDI program running when I edit the controller so I have to shut down Bitwig and my other midi programs (loopMIDI and MIDIBerry, that is so when I lose connection with the controllers I don't have to retart Bitwig)

I have confirmed the Midi signals as being correct with MIDIBerry, but I can't get Bitwig to use transport/move play cursor.
Yeah, Korg drivers are pretty bad. Without having the device I would try the 2 encoder options; make sure that you select the correct relative mode in Generic Flexi.

melodyz wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:23 am HI sir on the akai fire step sequencer mode, i find trying to replace a note on a step a little cumbersome. if we hold down a step that has a note in it and tap a new note, the existing note is deleted rather than replaced. We then have to tap the step again to add the new note.

Also if we have entered long notes, but want to break it up with shorter notes, placing a new note in the middle of the long note, deletes the entire section rather than retain the longer note or even cut it shorter to make room for the new note. Not sure if any improvement can be made there or not.
The API is a bit limited for the sequencer: one "pad" can contain exactly one note (or extension) of a note.
melodyz wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:23 am Also maybe in perform mode and the drum sequencer mode we can get a toggle fill button by pressing alt or something? I know we can map it to user 2 but that uses a knob. Probably running out of controls at this point.
You mean inverting the set steps? Interesting idea.
melodyz wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:23 am Im almost wondering if we could extend the amount of assigned knobs to 16 or something by making the alt key a toggle between knob controls rather than having to press it down to change just 4 knobs. Imagine what we could do if we had 16 user1 controls and 16 user 2 controls?
You can already do this:
USER1: * **Shift+Alt+Select Knob**: Select the previous/next parameter page.
USER2: * **Alt+Select Knob**: Select the previous/next user parameter page (1-8).

melodyz wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:55 am A different request. Imagine if there was a control in Bitwig that reloads the current preset back to the original state? What if this control was also assignable to a knob in your script? I have requested this feature. Just a thought.
This is something that should be implemented by Bitwig.

moss wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:08 pm
mtelesha wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:20 pm Encoder 3F/41
Yeah, Korg drivers are pretty bad. Without having the device I would try the 2 encoder options; make sure that you select the correct relative mode in Generic Flexi.
I finally got it to work. Bought in Sept 2019 but now the Jog Wheel finally works.

Change the Jog Wheel to Encoder 3F/41 I kept it at CC 82 in Korg's Editor of the controller
Bitwig Relative Twos Compliment

Thank you!

Marc
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

A little bugfix update 18.4 is online! Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Changing note repeat with cursor+pad in sequencers did also switch the transposition.
  • MCU
    • New: Alt+Track selection buttons: Set the length of a new clip (was SHIFT combination).
    • New: Save button is lit.
  • OSC
    • Removed the TouchOSC template which is outdated. Please switch to OpenStageControl instead.
  • Push
    • Fixed: Scene buttons did not work in Piano play layout.
Enjoy!

Return to “Controller Scripting”