Best FM synth of 2022?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
chipsynth OPS7

JockMcRonan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:48 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 am Tranzistow wipes the floor with all of those mentioned above .
I only found out that you can load user samples in it’s contour generator , which you then use as either a carrier or modulator .
Which brings tranzistow into tg-sy territory .
And the website looks like it comes from the era of the SY/TG
And the EULA/tech lack of support is straight out of the Microsoft antitrust period.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

anttimaatteri wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:33 pm
zzz00m wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:51 pm Here's Waves Flow Motion. ..
Walkthrough by Richard Devine:
https://youtu.be/uQKgPqrUj4Y
damn, you really got me hooked on this one for real. i had to get it asap. and im playin around a good while now since^^.
Sorry bout that! It's a lot of fun to play around with!

But probably not so much for the hardcore FM algo fans who like doing FM the "real" way. But Richard stated that he goes way back with the original Yamaha hardware, so he sees something interesting in this, despite his awesome man cave.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:21 pm
damn, you really got me hooked on this one for real. i had to get it asap. and im playin around a good while now since^^.

But probably not so much for the hardcore FM algo fans who like doing FM the "real" way. But Richard stated that he goes way back with the original Yamaha hardware, so he sees something interesting in this, despite his awesome man cave.
Flow Motion is a great FM synth - easy to have fun and get interesting with

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:42 am
pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:52 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 am Tranzistow wipes the floor with all of those mentioned above .
I only found out that you can load user samples in it’s contour generator , which you then use as either a carrier or modulator .
That GUI is the most unappealing GUI of all time... even so I would at least try it out if there were a Mac version.
Lke I said , you can change the colours .
Tranzistow has over thousands of parameters , sliders are the best option .
Some people are just more concerned about the gui of the a plugin compared to the actual soundquality.
Oh no , it doesn't have moog knobs and fake wooden edges , kids :D
The issue isn’t only the color, it’s that there’s nothing to visually tie the parameter name and the slider together. I very simple change could make it way more readable.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zzz00m wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:21 pm

shame on you. but tbh it wasnt solely devines video that made the nail in the coffin, it was sonicstates interview with yoad nevo, about 40mins long wiht a basic introduction into pm/fm

I don't know about best but I find myself using Flow-Motion and Dexed the most. They both sound great.

Although I initially largely ignored Bitwig's native Phase-4 synth, I've been exploring it after learning more about PM and FM synthesis. I'm enjoying the range of sounds it can produce and the various parameters available.

YES +1 beautiful sounds and very pretty to look at
i luv the Bitwig stock instruments/devices with expanding full size tear off windows

can also vouch for the Arturia DX7 (such a relief after struggling with a hardware DX7!) and all the very unique U-He fresh takes people are mentionkng that are a very different and welcome direction AWAY from DX7s IMHO
bboxdw wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:40 am Although I initially largely ignored Bitwig's native Phase-4 synth, I've been exploring it after learning more about PM and FM synthesis. I'm enjoying the range of sounds it can produce and the various parameters available.

Tracktion F’em :tu:

Hi, Bleass Omega is very good, easy to work with, great UI, it even has random button that is a lot of fun.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:08 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:42 am
pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:52 am
That GUI is the most unappealing GUI of all time... even so I would at least try it out if there were a Mac version.
Lke I said , you can change the colours .
Tranzistow has over thousands of parameters , sliders are the best option .
Some people are just more concerned about the gui of the a plugin compared to the actual soundquality.
Oh no , it doesn't have moog knobs and fake wooden edges , kids :D
The issue isn’t only the color, it’s that there’s nothing to visually tie the parameter name and the slider together. I very simple change could make it way more readable.
You're right about it not just being colour - they could make it the colour of the inside of a vagina (which is about the most attractive colour known to man) and I still wouldn't go near that monstrosity. Is every tab screen the same as that? Just unworkable. It's actively repulsive.

kritikon wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:39 pm (which is about the most attractive colour known to man)
And some women! :x

kritikon wrote:

You're right about it not just being colour - they could make it the colour of the inside of a vagina (which is about the most attractive colour known to man) and I still wouldn't go near that monstrosity. Is every tab screen the same as that? Just unworkable. It's actively repulsive.
Get well soon :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'm surprised OPS7 is not getting more love, it sounds incredible to me.
she wore a bluuuueberryjam beret

blueberryjam wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:09 am I'm surprised OPS7 is not getting more love, it sounds incredible to me.
I think Bidule’s problem is that they came out with what is probably the best DX7 emulation after the market was saturated. Is OPS7 better than Arturia’s? Probably, but so many already have DX-7 V and to me it seems great. People also have Dexed, which is free, so it’s hard to compete with something a lot of people have for free or got in a bundle.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”