Weird Repeating Notes from Hypercyclic, Can't Get Desired Result

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love the features and setup of hypercyclic, having just discovered it yesterday. I am on a quest to create the best grooves I can and this thing's feature set and GUI is amazing. I just can't get it to work how I intend it to.

I am not trying to arpeggiate anything, I just want it to play all of my notes and spit them back out as it got them but with the groove and gating adjusted.

But I am getting a lot of single notes repeating twice and I can't figure out why. It seems to be almost random at times and will happen then stop happening then start again.

Here are the current settings I'm testing with. Groove set to 0. All notes set to play. The LFO is flat and not assigned to anything. All my notes are 16th notes and the step is set to 1/16. Gate and velocity should be unaffected. To my mind this should spit my notes back out exactly as they were put in.

Here is the MIDI I am feeding hypercyclic. All 16th notes.

But this is the MIDI it sends out, with everything doubled except the hi hats, which are behaving as intended.

I have found that if I adjust the groove to anything but 0 this stops temporarily but notes inevitably start double triggering again after a little while. Sometimes they will play 4 times instead of just doubling and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to get the same number of MIDI notes out as I put in and in the same place, just with the timing and gate adjusted by the groove, velocity, and gate parameters. I am no arp expert and have only used them to get groove effects, I don't make a style of music where I need to arpeggiate chords. So I will admit I may be making an obvious mistake.

Can anyone help? I am using Bitwig Studio on MacOS Catalina.

Thanks for making this cool tool, mucoder, and for making it free! I am sure this is user error on my part but I am very eager to get it working. This is the tool I've been searching for.

Return to “mucoder”