Battery 4.3 keeps asking for missing samples (even when pointed to new location)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I don't own Cubase I cannot test in it (nor do I want to install that steaming pile of on my machine, heheh).

However I really heavily doubt it's a host issue. Meanwhile I tested things in: Bitwig 4, FL21, Live 11, S1v5, Reason 11, MuLAB 9, Maschine 2, and everything works just fine!

@EvilDragon Thanks again for testing those hosts.

Btw Kontakt 6 doesn't seem to exhibit the same problem here. Replaced samples are remembered as expected after replacing them one time per missing samples dialog.

I've got an email from support asking for my path settings in Battery. That email was auto translated and hard to understand. So i may got that wrong. But i don't have any custom paths set up because it shouldn't be needed for how i work in Battery. I just load WAV files into cells. There are clearly absolute paths used as seen in the missing samples dialog. Now i wonder why they ask for that.

If you add some paths to Preferences->Library->User, they would be used to resolve missing samples first, IIRC.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:55 am Sure you can post a Live project, but please just make sure it only has Battery in them and no other audio items etc.

And all of those older projects are still Battery 4, not Battery 3?
Thanks. I am right now on holiday till the end of January. I‘ll come back to you on February

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:32 pm If you add some paths to Preferences->Library->User, they would be used to resolve missing samples first, IIRC.
That would make sense. I personally point to folders containing the missing samples manually. I just wonder how this is going to help fixing the bug, which seems related to something else.

I also wonder if the support system is auto translating my messages from my native language into english. I replied in my native language because the first reply i got appeared to be by a native speaker. Now i think i should have kept writing in english. Auto translating is just not going to cut it if it comes to somewhat complicated issues.

Yeah better don't leave anything to chance :)

Similar issue by another user (Cubase 12 on Mac) can be found here:
https://community.native-instruments.co ... -locations

I have the exact same issue. C12 on MacOS Monterey.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Thanks for your report @pepelogu.

I've also created a ticket at Steinberg today because it could be a Cubase/Battery specific issue. I hope it doesn't take too long to fix.

More and more people are reporting issues with saving state/session data with the project file. This user says he already reported the bug half a year ago and NI said they would fix this. If true pretty bad situation. We could have done others things instead of dealing with this bug if they had fixed it months ago.

https://community.native-instruments.co ... se-project

[*]
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:08 pm As I don't own Cubase I cannot test in it (nor do I want to install that steaming pile of on my machine, heheh).
That “steaming pile”, as you call it, represents a rather large group of NI customers. Seems like an inappropriate comment for a representative of NI.
On a number of Macs

Here another related post from months ago in which Jeremy_NI says:
The issue will not be fixed in the near future.
https://community.native-instruments.co ... ableton-10

I mean really? They don't fix bugs anymore?

Btw i don't like that forum software they are using one bit. It's almost as if they want to discourage users from visiting their forum.
Last edited by mi-os on Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:01 pmThat “steaming pile”, as you call it, represents a rather large group of NI customers.
Well actually no, Cubase is below Live, Logic, Reaper and a few others among general NI userbase. ;)

Opinion expressed is my own.
mi-os wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:06 pmI mean really? They don't fix bugs anymore?
Of course they do, but it's a matter of prioritization and other workloads.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 pm
Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:01 pmThat “steaming pile”, as you call it, represents a rather large group of NI customers.
Well actually no, Cubase is below Live, Logic, Reaper and a few others among general NI userbase. ;)

Opinion expressed is my own.
mi-os wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:06 pmI mean really? They don't fix bugs anymore?
Of course they do, but it's a matter of prioritization and other workloads.
But he didn't claim they are the largest group, just a signifcant group. I'd assume most Cubase users also use NI software. Just saying.

Return to “Instruments”