Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone using UVI Drum Designer? Any thoughts on it?

$59 currently. Looks interesting.

https://www.uvi.net/drum-designer

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:33 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:06 pm
Your email is in the process of being removed from our mailing list. If you decide to re-subscribe to our newsletter, sign up at anytime.
getting an insane amount of emails from ik multimedia

Well IK Multimedia went from never sending me anything (despite me being subscribed) so I only found out about giveaways, new products, updates via forums/websites. I tried re-subscribing several times to make sure they sent me stuff, but still hardly got any e-mails from them.

Now it is the exact opposite: Last wednesday I got 8 e-mails, 4 the day prior to that and 4 each following day…22 e-mails just this week counting from monday…(and a few more might pop up today and tomorrow) :shrug:
Yeah I'm going to unsubscribe today, they've turned into a spam bot.

Question for the deal gossip group:

Are Plugin Alliance vouchers worth anything?

My reasoning is they are not worth anything because it’s almost always the case (with rare exception) that:
1) every product goes on sale
2) the sales often have a dedicated voucher code to achieve the sale price (like SOMA-2999) or the sales have low prices with sale-specific vouchers like “MEGA-75-OFF”)
3) you cannot stack your voucher with these sale vouchers.

So, in the end, the only use a voucher has is if you want to buy something at a ridiculously inflated “fake” price that nobody pays because they know the plugin will drop from $499 to $29 next month.

I ask because I see someone trying to sell a PA $250 voucher in the buy/sell sub and it made me realize I don’t know if these vouchers have any cash value at all.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:55 pm Anyone using UVI Drum Designer? Any thoughts on it?

I don't like creating patterns in Drum Designer--it's easier in my DAW. I do find DD nice for getting to a preset pattern quickly. The midi can be dragged and dropped to a track. It's neat how a pattern can be locked so one can click through drum kits, and vice versa. Changing individual drum sounds is easy, and tweaking them too.

EZ Drummer and Groove Agent are better for getting variety in patterns--intro, fills and so on.

Edit: I do use Drum Designer quite a bit--it's fast, I'm no drummer, and it has nice patterns (although it would be best to get an opinion of a drummer on the patterns).

(I posted this at VI-Control the other day)
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:33 pm Now it is the exact opposite: Last wednesday I got 8 e-mails, 4 the day prior to that and 4 each following day…22 e-mails just this week counting from monday…(and a few more might pop up today and tomorrow) :shrug:
Yep 1 a day would be excessive but 4 a day is taking the piss

A reminder that Tonex SE by IK is on sale for $49, and this reduces to $35 if you have the Jam Points, which many of us do.

I still think NeuralDSP is the one to beat, but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Tonex. There's a bit of a learning curve, as it's not intuitive, at least for me, and Tone.net was borked until I un-authorized it, then re-authorized. But there are some really nice sounds in there, and the free user-generated captures on Tone.net add lots of value.

And $35 bucks is into no-brainer territory. IMHO.

GreyLion wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:48 pm I still think NeuralDSP is the one to beat, but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Tonex.
Do you feel that way about all sounds? The TONEX cleans and low gain sounds sound excellent to me. I recorded something at home with the TONEX Twin with the intention of re-recording it through a real amp later, but it sounds so good that I left it.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:55 pm Anyone using UVI Drum Designer? Any thoughts on it?

The Humanize function seems cool. The video is all Trap sounds, is that all it's good for?

Uncle E wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:56 pm
GreyLion wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:48 pm I still think NeuralDSP is the one to beat, but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Tonex.
Do you feel that way about all sounds? The TONEX cleans and low gain sounds sound excellent to me. I recorded something at home with the TONEX Twin with the intention of re-recording it through a real amp later, but it sounds so good that I left it.
I don't think my response to Neural is really technical or musical. The interface just feels right to me, the tone is candy, the tweaking is intuitive, the touch is just right. I'm a low to medium gain player, and their tones feel correct and responsive to dynamics. I never cared how authentically any amp is modelled, just how much it pleases me. Neural pretty much supplanted all of the other sims I have, especially when it comes to just firing it up and fooling around with presets and playing.

Maybe it's just a honeymoon phase with Tonex, but if I can get Amplitube desktop to actually work (it currently does not hear signal), and load Tonex inside it, I can see spending a lot more time with it. Agree with you about the cleans and overdrives in Tonex. My primary amps when I played out, way in the past, were my '66 Blackface Deluxe and '73 Silverface Twin, so that tonal school instinctively sounds most pleasing to me. And Tonex does deliver on that.

GreyLion wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:48 pm A reminder that Tonex SE by IK is on sale for $49, and this reduces to $35 if you have the Jam Points, which many of us do.

I still think NeuralDSP is the one to beat, but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Tonex. There's a bit of a learning curve, as it's not intuitive, at least for me, and Tone.net was borked until I un-authorized it, then re-authorized. But there are some really nice sounds in there, and the free user-generated captures on Tone.net add lots of value.

I have to ask a stupid, lazy question about Tonex. I recently bought IKMM Total Studio MAX and the IK Product Manager lists Tonex as an installable product even though the products listed ans included in TS3.5MAX don’t include Tonex.

Question 1: Is this just a free trial? If not, what version is this and how does it differ from SE?

Second question: what’s the difference between TONEX SE, TONEX, and TONEX MAX that justifies the price difference? It seems like the difference is just the number of included “models” - but it also says that SE let’s you access unlimited user created models, so I’m not sure it matters how many IK models you get.

lightsfadelow wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:13 am
GreyLion wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:48 pm A reminder that Tonex SE by IK is on sale for $49, and this reduces to $35 if you have the Jam Points, which many of us do.

I have to ask a stupid, lazy question about Tonex. I recently bought IKMM Total Studio MAX and the IK Product Manager lists Tonex as an installable product even though the products listed ans included in TS3.5MAX don’t include Tonex.

Question 1: Is this just a free trial? If not, what version is this and how does it differ from SE?

Second question: what’s the difference between TONEX SE, TONEX, and TONEX MAX that justifies the price difference? It seems like the difference is just the number of included “models” - but it also says that SE let’s you access unlimited user created models, so I’m not sure it matters how many IK models you get.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... exversions
Google is your friend :party:
I got the SE first and I had somehow a limited amount of downloads. For $49 I was able to purchase Tonex (not Max) and I was able to download more (haven't reached a limit yet, but also I have lost interest... this thing needs many updates until I can use it regularly)
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:10 am https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... exversions
Google is your friend :party:
I got the SE first and I had somehow a limited amount of downloads. For $49 I was able to purchase Tonex (not Max) and I was able to download more (haven't reached a limit yet, but also I have lost interest... this thing needs many updates until I can use it regularly)
Just to be clear (based on the link you provided) do you mean you had the CS version and bought the SE version?

If it shows as installable, but doesn't have a 'Try' button for it, it's probably Tonex CS, which is free and has, I think, 2 amps and 10 models or presets. Pretty sure that it can't download from Tone.net, either.

I've only tried a few of the Tone.net user presets, but they sound good to me. There aren't a huge number, like with Amplitube, of course, since Tonex is more recent. I'm assuming that the number will grow. I'm not going to capture profiles of any of my amps, but this part gets good reviews. It's a direct software competitor to Kemper, though it can't capture any time-based effects.

The versions more expensive than SE have more amps and models, but I think the sweet spot right now is SE. I don't see a need to expand it. Until IK has the inevitable super-hyped group buy, perhaps.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:45 pm

I don't like creating patterns in Drum Designer--it's easier in my DAW. I do find DD nice for getting to a preset pattern quickly. The midi can be dragged and dropped to a track. It's neat how a pattern can be locked so one can click through drum kits, and vice versa. Changing individual drum sounds is easy, and tweaking them too.

EZ Drummer and Groove Agent are better for getting variety in patterns--intro, fills and so on.

Edit: I do use Drum Designer quite a bit--it's fast, I'm no drummer, and it has nice patterns (although it would be best to get an opinion of a drummer on the patterns).

(I posted this at VI-Control the other day)
Thanks for your helpful reply. Good points. The workflow does look good and fast for electronic drum patterns.

I did some more thinking, and between the actual sounds, editing, and workflow, I realized that with XO and Groove Agent in particular, I am all covered and not sure if I need Drum Designer. Might give it a go for the sale price only if I feel the urge.
Uncle E wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:25 pm

The Humanize function seems cool. The video is all Trap sounds, is that all it's good for?
Yeah, the sequencer overall looks quite good with useful features. Seems more suitable for Trap/Future/DnB/Dubstep/Chillout drums.

Although I realized XO covers a lot of it if not all while also giving you the ability to load any sound from your one-shot sample libraries, which DD doesn't.

So Plugin Collective finally ended the free Massive and replaced it with free... nothing?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”