2023: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2023)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:23 am I know some folks don't like it when I say it, but it's really quite easy to make wooden boxes.
Surprisingly enjoyable as well imo. :shrug:
Yes, it is true, wood boxes are easy enough to make. I am trying to decide if I want to get a portable 2U case or an etsy case like this one-
For the time being, I just turned my monitor stand 90 degrees, kind of janky, but it works. :ud:

Constructed Identity wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:26 am
pekbro wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:23 am I know some folks don't like it when I say it, but it's really quite easy to make wooden boxes.
Surprisingly enjoyable as well imo. :shrug:
Yes, it is true, wood boxes are easy enough to make. I am trying to decide if I want to get a portable 2U case or an etsy case like this one-
For the time being, I just turned my monitor stand 90 degrees, kind of janky, but it works. :ud:
That looks to be built well, barring some fancy joinery, pocket screws are the way to go.
Probably cost them easily $20-30 bucks to make that, depending on how much stuff they
buy in bulk or fabricate if they have facilities for that. If their markup seems fair enough,
it's definitely a good way to go, particularly if you can get free shipping. :tu:

Oh, well, that didnt last.

A Neutral Labs Meg, as a cheap/narrowish/different second waveshaper, and a Neutral Labs Nijel distortion to go with the Scrat, since it has the same mechanism for borking the circuit.

(And another PAL video processor, a dupe of one Ive already got, but they did only cost about £7 each. A lot more controls than the typical 'enhancer' that figures a lot in bent lofi video setups)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I was gonna suggest prospeakerparts.com for good carpeted or tolexed rack boxes, but their prices look like they went up (like everything else...) since I got my 3U.

I can't believe this just happened... early bday present for me!!! :wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Jomox drum machines sound so nice! I have an ModBase 09 in my modular and frequently think about getting a ModBrane 11 to go with it. I just never really clicked with the Jomox's sequencers.

justin3am wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:49 pm Jomox drum machines sound so nice! I have an ModBase 09 in my modular and frequently think about getting a ModBrane 11 to go with it. I just never really clicked with the Jomox's sequencers.
Yeah, looks like I have a bit of a learning curve coming my way. My brain is now P-locked into the Elektron workflow, so this might require some mental adjustments. :hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Got 2 of these coming tomorrow from JUNO UK

DNIPRO DOT

I wanted something to control my Quad Drum, I can now do that and still have 2 more channels for other things.

cryophonik wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:35 pm I can't believe this just happened... early bday present for me!!! :wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

I'm going to treat myself to one in July fo my birthday. This is the Ultimate Drum Machine IMO :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:29 pm
cryophonik wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:35 pm I can't believe this just happened... early bday present for me!!! :wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

I'm going to treat myself to one in July fo my birthday. This is the Ultimate Drum Machine IMO :tu:
My birthday isn’t until June, but I’m too impatient to wait that long! Well, that, and I found a great deal on this one, so I didn’t want to pass it up. Now I have to wait for it ship across the country! :cry:

Nothing sexy, but necessary and grabbed this nearly half price off ebay…

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I was waiting for a certain high-priced re-release monosynth and this distracted me...I'm a little late to the game but oh well.

My first GAS of the new year is for the SpektroAudio NGEN, a 16 track MIDI and CV hardware algorithmic sequencer in a small box that has loads of different built in engines like turing machines, arps, polyrhythmic stuff and can do mono and poly sequencing. Website says it’s currently $599 and they’ll be selling direct, but I’m hoping for a UK reseller.
https://youtu.be/HjDxpgJuZ6k
http://spektroaudio.com/blog/2023/1/19/introducing-ngen

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

styphonthal wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:18 am I was waiting for a certain high-priced re-release monosynth and this distracted me...I'm a little late to the game but oh well.
Bet that's a great and flexible poly.

But... What's the monosynth you're waiting for?

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:08 pm
:o have you seen some of the prices???
a grand and a half for a refurbished chair at discount :o
i may need to save up longer than i thought :lol:
Crumbs... I bought a great steelcase leap V2 about three years ago. It was about half price they have now... Ouch.

Apologies, I didn't check the prices again before posting.

Yeah...£1500 chair would be nuts even if sitting 18hrs a day...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”