Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cataclysm - Avenger Expansion OnePingOnly VPS Avenger
DCrown
KVRist
406 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 am

Demuvi wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:19 am
DCrown wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Demuvi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 am Popular Sounds - 90s Vol. 2 (VPS Avenger Expansion) is OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZc0tny8waU
Get Here: https://payhip.com/b/5nQPt
Is it legit to copy tracks of other artists 1:1?
If yes, I don't understand why Rick Beato always gets in trouble?!
I don't even believe it was all done with Avenger and simply original tracks are used
(vocals of Around the world by daftpunk).
Wonder whether 60s, 70s would be possible with Avenger, until now focus is on pure electronic music only with high quality, though
The answer is easy:
I can show you each song in a single channel. And yes, it's legitimate to cover tracks 1:1 as long as you don't sell the SONGS. I sell the SOUNDS only and replicated them from scratch.

That's a huge difference. The SONGS are only for demonstration on youtube how authentic the SOUNDS are and are NOT part of the offer. 8)

PS: The vocal is a replication too. I sung it and made it with vocoder :)
I see, you don't include SQ presets of the songs.
Unbelievable, although I am not a fan of 90s music, you made it very authentic

User avatar
Demuvi
KVRist
274 posts since 20 Jan, 2019 from Germany

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:55 am

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 am
Demuvi wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:19 am
DCrown wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Demuvi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 am Popular Sounds - 90s Vol. 2 (VPS Avenger Expansion) is OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZc0tny8waU
Get Here: https://payhip.com/b/5nQPt
Is it legit to copy tracks of other artists 1:1?
If yes, I don't understand why Rick Beato always gets in trouble?!
I don't even believe it was all done with Avenger and simply original tracks are used
(vocals of Around the world by daftpunk).
Wonder whether 60s, 70s would be possible with Avenger, until now focus is on pure electronic music only with high quality, though
The answer is easy:
I can show you each song in a single channel. And yes, it's legitimate to cover tracks 1:1 as long as you don't sell the SONGS. I sell the SOUNDS only and replicated them from scratch.

That's a huge difference. The SONGS are only for demonstration on youtube how authentic the SOUNDS are and are NOT part of the offer. 8)

PS: The vocal is a replication too. I sung it and made it with vocoder :)
I see, you don't include SQ presets of the songs.
Unbelievable, although I am not a fan of 90s music, you made it very authentic
I have some 80s too ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jeTDsHoW0
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

User avatar
DJErmac
KVRAF
2186 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from an unknown source I personally find unreliable

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 am

Demuvi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 am Popular Sounds - 90s Vol. 2 (VPS Avenger Expansion) is OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZc0tny8waU
Get Here: https://payhip.com/b/5nQPt
Purchased a couple of seconds after the release.
Just like your other soundbanks.

When I was a teen I was dreaming I could play with those sounds some day. Re-creations of the patches are nearly 1:1 for most tracks (Maxx clap/snare drum isn’t really satisfying for example, but that’s 0,01% of the pack). You made a dream come true for me. Just : thank you so much. :hug:

As long as you’ll be working on 90’s sounds I’ll be supporting you. :tu:
This post is supposed to be non-agressive. Now please give me a broad smile. :ud:

DCrown
KVRist
406 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:38 pm

Demuvi wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:55 am
DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 am
Demuvi wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:19 am
DCrown wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Demuvi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 am Popular Sounds - 90s Vol. 2 (VPS Avenger Expansion) is OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZc0tny8waU
Get Here: https://payhip.com/b/5nQPt
Is it legit to copy tracks of other artists 1:1?
If yes, I don't understand why Rick Beato always gets in trouble?!
I don't even believe it was all done with Avenger and simply original tracks are used
(vocals of Around the world by daftpunk).
Wonder whether 60s, 70s would be possible with Avenger, until now focus is on pure electronic music only with high quality, though
The answer is easy:
I can show you each song in a single channel. And yes, it's legitimate to cover tracks 1:1 as long as you don't sell the SONGS. I sell the SOUNDS only and replicated them from scratch.

That's a huge difference. The SONGS are only for demonstration on youtube how authentic the SOUNDS are and are NOT part of the offer. 8)

PS: The vocal is a replication too. I sung it and made it with vocoder :)
I see, you don't include SQ presets of the songs.
Unbelievable, although I am not a fan of 90s music, you made it very authentic
I have some 80s too ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jeTDsHoW0
You are very talented in imitating sounds of a certain era. Frankly speaking I don't really want exact sounds of an era or band, maybe that's nice for a cover band.
So many synths have preset sounds with a name refering to a song, era, band or artist,
there definitely is a surplus.
I like 80s compositions a lot, but the sound is dated imo.
Unfortunately there are too many 90s and 00 sound expansions, I d prefer something completely new.
On one side it shows how versatile Avenger is, on the other side all the expansions with sounds of very commercial music (no doubt with not bad quality) limiting and repeating certain eras pretty exactly get boring. It would be time for something completely new, never before heard sounds not necessarily with a reference. Avenger has the reputation to be a tool for electronic music first and foremost, but I am sure it has no limitations. All the SQ presets of Avenger expansions by Vengeance where you have to press one key only and a whole song is playbacked, well, I don't need it, but I see it's a good way to present the synth. I also make my own presets with Avenger with only a few good or special ones. I don't consider myself a talented preset maker, that's not my main focus anyway.
Your 80s expansion also shows me surprisingly very clear how big the difference of hw and plugins soundwise is (hw is more dynamic, rich, warm, powerful, more character, less steril, digital, clean, lifeless) , no surprise and this fact doesn't depreciate Avenger at all, but confirms even more why I don't want or need sounds of an era or band.

Good work, though!

User avatar
Demuvi
KVRist
274 posts since 20 Jan, 2019 from Germany

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:47 am

DJErmac wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 am
Demuvi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 am Popular Sounds - 90s Vol. 2 (VPS Avenger Expansion) is OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZc0tny8waU
Get Here: https://payhip.com/b/5nQPt
Purchased a couple of seconds after the release.
Just like your other soundbanks.

When I was a teen I was dreaming I could play with those sounds some day. Re-creations of the patches are nearly 1:1 for most tracks (Maxx clap/snare drum isn’t really satisfying for example, but that’s 0,01% of the pack). You made a dream come true for me. Just : thank you so much. :hug:

As long as you’ll be working on 90’s sounds I’ll be supporting you. :tu:
Kind words. Appreciate it much. thank you. :hug:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

idoru97214
KVRist
103 posts since 4 Dec, 2003 from Oregon, USA

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:56 am

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:38 pm
Demuvi wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:55 am
DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 am
Demuvi wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:19 am
DCrown wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Demuvi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 am Popular Sounds - 90s Vol. 2 (VPS Avenger Expansion) is OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZc0tny8waU
Get Here: https://payhip.com/b/5nQPt
Is it legit to copy tracks of other artists 1:1?
If yes, I don't understand why Rick Beato always gets in trouble?!
I don't even believe it was all done with Avenger and simply original tracks are used
(vocals of Around the world by daftpunk).
Wonder whether 60s, 70s would be possible with Avenger, until now focus is on pure electronic music only with high quality, though
The answer is easy:
I can show you each song in a single channel. And yes, it's legitimate to cover tracks 1:1 as long as you don't sell the SONGS. I sell the SOUNDS only and replicated them from scratch.

That's a huge difference. The SONGS are only for demonstration on youtube how authentic the SOUNDS are and are NOT part of the offer. 8)

PS: The vocal is a replication too. I sung it and made it with vocoder :)
I see, you don't include SQ presets of the songs.
Unbelievable, although I am not a fan of 90s music, you made it very authentic
I have some 80s too ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jeTDsHoW0
You are very talented in imitating sounds of a certain era. Frankly speaking I don't really want exact sounds of an era or band, maybe that's nice for a cover band.
So many synths have preset sounds with a name refering to a song, era, band or artist,
there definitely is a surplus.
I like 80s compositions a lot, but the sound is dated imo.
Unfortunately there are too many 90s and 00 sound expansions, I d prefer something completely new.
On one side it shows how versatile Avenger is, on the other side all the expansions with sounds of very commercial music (no doubt with not bad quality) limiting and repeating certain eras pretty exactly get boring. It would be time for something completely new, never before heard sounds not necessarily with a reference. Avenger has the reputation to be a tool for electronic music first and foremost, but I am sure it has no limitations. All the SQ presets of Avenger expansions by Vengeance where you have to press one key only and a whole song is playbacked, well, I don't need it, but I see it's a good way to present the synth. I also make my own presets with Avenger with only a few good or special ones. I don't consider myself a talented preset maker, that's not my main focus anyway.
Your 80s expansion also shows me surprisingly very clear how big the difference of hw and plugins soundwise is (hw is more dynamic, rich, warm, powerful, more character, less steril, digital, clean, lifeless) , no surprise and this fact doesn't depreciate Avenger at all, but confirms even more why I don't want or need sounds of an era or band.

Good work, though!
For those that don't have time to parse this long entry, let me paraphrase:

Super boring idea! I hate it! Software sucks, and you just proved it!

Good work!

DCrown
KVRist
406 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:20 am

Long entry lol
I see, TikTok generation prefers it fast
and short.
I wouldn't generally say software sucks,
it's only a little inferior soundwise if you try to imitate sounds of old days.
But as for 90s and current music it's easier to match, because in that era more software was/is used anyway.
Your 90s pack sounds closer imo
Software does not use room space and you can do various complex modulation routings and settings, apply tons of effects and sound design is easier. I am just more excited about new creative stuff, makes no sense for me always trying to imitate old things and Avenger offers endless possibilities for new sounds, maybe the best synth for creating sounds and you proved it.
I generally bow more likely to creativity and uniqueness.
No comment to your sulky diva behavior, though :D
Last edited by DCrown on Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Demuvi
KVRist
274 posts since 20 Jan, 2019 from Germany

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:53 am

The point here isn't to necessarily copy the songs. I just recreated them so that you can hear how authentic the sounds are. It's about the individual sounds that you can definitely use again. Also in fresh productions. In addition, the drums are all individually available and can be controlled manually.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

User avatar
Septic Underground
KVRist
147 posts since 27 Dec, 2021 from Nederland

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:28 am

Don't take this wrong but: in a way vps avenger and this kind of expansions (not only yours Demuvi, I like em a lot, good stuff) makes me think this is a evolution of the old workstations like yamaha tyros/genos. Mostly used by one-man bands in bars etc.
Or indeed straight up cover bands/acts. It is a special kind of audience that appreciate this stuff.

I own VPS Avenger, it has a lot of options etc, but I can't shake the feeling it is a bit of a expansion pack machine. Great if you are into that ofc and there is alot factory content.

It is a total different experience to, for instance Arturia Pigments and synths like that.

FJ5
KVRist
130 posts since 17 Dec, 2020

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:39 pm

Septic Underground wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:28 am Don't take this wrong but: in a way vps avenger and this kind of expansions (not only yours Demuvi, I like em a lot, good stuff) makes me think this is a evolution of the old workstations like yamaha tyros/genos. Mostly used by one-man bands in bars etc.
Or indeed straight up cover bands/acts. It is a special kind of audience that appreciate this stuff.

I own VPS Avenger, it has a lot of options etc, but I can't shake the feeling it is a bit of a expansion pack machine. Great if you are into that ofc and there is alot factory content.

It is a total different experience to, for instance Arturia Pigments and synths like that.
I hate to admit it but I agree. It’s a very powerful synth but a lot of the cool sounds are sample-based. When it has do to its own thinking it goes nuts on the CPU.

Best example is the Rank 1 Airwave patch in one of the Trance expansions - great trance patch (90’s supersaw pad etc.) but a sample patch.

I’m not sure what Avenger is trying to be. It’s a great rompler but gets nowhere near the likes of u-he (CPU & quality) in terms of sound design when actually generating its own sounds.

I also wonder how peeps use Avenger in a track. The sequences are good, but obviously not usable in a real track (copyright). When a single sound is isolated, it takes ages to deselect FX etc. & the end result is nothing that Spire or ANA2 couldn’t recreate.
Last edited by FJ5 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCrown
KVRist
406 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:26 pm

FJ5 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:39 pm
Septic Underground wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:28 am Don't take this wrong but: in a way vps avenger and this kind of expansions (not only yours Demuvi, I like em a lot, good stuff) makes me think this is a evolution of the old workstations like yamaha tyros/genos. Mostly used by one-man bands in bars etc.
Or indeed straight up cover bands/acts. It is a special kind of audience that appreciate this stuff.

I own VPS Avenger, it has a lot of options etc, but I can't shake the feeling it is a bit of a expansion pack machine. Great if you are into that ofc and there is alot factory content.

It is a total different experience to, for instance Arturia Pigments and synths like that.
I hate to admit it but I agree. It’s a very powerful synth but a lot of the cool sounds are sample-based. When it has do to its own thinking it goes nuts on the CPU.

Best example is the Rank 1 Airwave patch in one of the Trance expansions - great trance patch (90’s supersaw pad etc.) but a sample patch.

I’m not sure what Avenger is trying to be. It’s a great rompler but gets nowhere near the likes of u-he (CPU & quality) in terms of sound design when actually generating its own sounds.

I also wonder how peeps use Avenger in a track. The sequences are good, but obviously not usable in a real track (copyright). When a single sound is isolated, it takes ages to deselect FX etc. & the end result is nothing that Spire or ANA2 couldn’t recreate.

Overall, Avenger is OK, but arrogant.
It's just the opposite for me.
Avenger is the first synth that immediately inspired me to create own presets with a bunch of creative possibilities easy to understand and you make it sound the way you make it sound! , whereas no u-he synth ever inspired me to create one preset, I consider u-he rompler synths.
As to features, workflow and sound design inspiration Avenger is the by far best synth imo, also the quality of effects is better than in most other synths imo, cpu can get an issue sometimes indeed, I hope it will be fixed in V2!? Cpu improvement should be the main focus of V2 imo.
I also would like to have the option to apply eq and comp before send fx, because to apply a comp after reverb (in master fx) is not good and you should be able to move or change the position of send fx within the fx rack, or is it possible?

User avatar
Demuvi
KVRist
274 posts since 20 Jan, 2019 from Germany

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:25 am

I like the multisample function in Avenger. You can let samples sounds like they are synthesized. How? With the random start and root shift function. Even if your Sound has a special attack, you can still use random start with some tricks and it sounds very cool.
Last edited by Demuvi on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

FJ5
KVRist
130 posts since 17 Dec, 2020

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:52 am

DCrown wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:26 pm
FJ5 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:39 pm
Septic Underground wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:28 am Don't take this wrong but: in a way vps avenger and this kind of expansions (not only yours Demuvi, I like em a lot, good stuff) makes me think this is a evolution of the old workstations like yamaha tyros/genos. Mostly used by one-man bands in bars etc.
Or indeed straight up cover bands/acts. It is a special kind of audience that appreciate this stuff.

I own VPS Avenger, it has a lot of options etc, but I can't shake the feeling it is a bit of a expansion pack machine. Great if you are into that ofc and there is alot factory content.

It is a total different experience to, for instance Arturia Pigments and synths like that.
I hate to admit it but I agree. It’s a very powerful synth but a lot of the cool sounds are sample-based. When it has do to its own thinking it goes nuts on the CPU.

Best example is the Rank 1 Airwave patch in one of the Trance expansions - great trance patch (90’s supersaw pad etc.) but a sample patch.

I’m not sure what Avenger is trying to be. It’s a great rompler but gets nowhere near the likes of u-he (CPU & quality) in terms of sound design when actually generating its own sounds.

I also wonder how peeps use Avenger in a track. The sequences are good, but obviously not usable in a real track (copyright). When a single sound is isolated, it takes ages to deselect FX etc. & the end result is nothing that Spire or ANA2 couldn’t recreate.

Overall, Avenger is OK, but arrogant.
It's just the opposite for me.
Avenger is the first synth that immediately inspired me to create own presets with a bunch of creative possibilities easy to understand and you make it sound the way you make it sound! , whereas no u-he synth ever inspired me to create one preset, I consider u-he rompler synths.
As to features, workflow and sound design inspiration Avenger is the by far best synth imo, also the quality of effects is better than in most other synths imo, cpu can get an issue sometimes indeed, I hope it will be fixed in V2!? Cpu improvement should be the main focus of V2 imo.
I also would like to have the option to apply eq and comp before send fx, because to apply a comp after reverb (in master fx) is not good and you should be able to move or change the position of send fx within the fx rack, or is it possible?
It is an amazing plug-in. My comment about sound design wasn't that the actual sounds can't compete with u-he (Manuel & the XP team do a fantastic job & some of the patches are phenomenal), my point is that a lot of sounds contain sample-based oscillators. & by that I don't mean sample wavetables/waveforms etc. When using pure generative sounds, CPU goes pretty high, though the FX are responsible for a lot of that. When FX are removed, the raw sound is comparable to any synth (but then I guess that's true of all VSTs!) & superficially I prefer simpler synths like Spire, ANA2, Dune etc. for basic stuff.

One huge plus point for me though is the drum sequencer - nothing touches it for EDM stuff. I believe V2 will allow swapping of individual samples which will enhance it even more.

If the CPU gets sorted as well in V2 then that would be amazing too.

It certainly provides much inspiration & as a 'one stop shop' (sounds, drums, FX etc.) nothing touches it. If I was told I would have to sell all my VSTs & keep just 1 it would be Avenger that I keep for that reason alone.
Last edited by FJ5 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCrown
KVRist
406 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:04 am

Wouldn't it make sense to be able to use modwheel as trigger of a MODENV for instance to make spontaneous swells by moving the modwheel or is it possible?
I mean that moving the modwheel should start/trigger the modenv from the beginning.
Still learning the synth and yes I even read the manual (the only one I read completely!) and watched all videos, but it's a whole lot of information

seangm
KVRian
551 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:33 am

del

Return to “Instruments”