reFX Nexus Favorites

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cooldrewb wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:46 am Wow funny I belong to a lot of other sites and never have I been questioned or harassed. Usually people on forums help each other but all you “ noiseboyuk” care about giving people a hard time. I guess you have nothing better to do. Anyway, you have wasted enough of my time.
Well a difference between KVR any many other forums is that they have a very strict anti-piracy policy. I’m rather keen on that, good for them.

This might seem a bit unfair on my part to assume guilt, but the evidence seems pretty compelling to me. In your OP, you forgot to mention that you’d already contacted support but they came up with nothing. Hey, we all forget things - it happens. But then you ignored my reply, then you ignored the replies of others, none of whom had this issue and wondered why you hadn’t seemingly contacted support. It would have taken you seconds to correct any misunderstanding. At this point, my suspicions became pretty overwhelming, so I called you out. Finally then you then gave a vague, hurt and scarcely believable defence. It would have taken seconds to reply to my question that the person who failed to help you was called Bob.

Is typing any of this worthy of my time? No, it probably isn’t. But I reached out to help you. So did others. Piracy harms all of us by its consequences, and it is rife in our industry. So for once I decided to take a stand and risk making myself look an ass. I would have checked the support story with the source, and very happy apologised if it checked out.

Instead you chose to flounce off. Okay, we all get to have better use of our time.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'll just say this. I understand KVR being strict on that and I get it but I think "you" jumped the gun and accused me of something that was untrue, that is the moderators jobs. I own a lot of gear such as the Fractal AXE III for my guitar, Modx8+, Ivory Pianos II, Omnisphere, UVI, and a whole bunch of other VST stuff - "ALL" of which I have paid for. I don't like being accused. So, you can take your theories and assumptions and.... Have a nice day!

I think favorites are saved in a xml file on disk or are possibly cloud synced if you have that turned on. One thing I would try is to start Nexus under administrator privilege ('Run as administrator') to see if it's a write-access/permissions problem. You could either do this by launching your host as administrator or possibly better, host Nexus using something like SaviHost (started as admin) to keep it simple just to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: just checked mine and it looks like they are stored in the file 'likes.csv'

Elysium.NZ wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:00 pm I think favorites are saved in a xml file on disk or are possibly cloud synced if you have that turned on. One thing I would try is to start Nexus under administrator privilege ('Run as administrator') to see if it's a write-access/permissions problem. You could either do this by launching your host as administrator or possibly better, host Nexus using something like SaviHost (started as admin) to keep it simple just to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: just checked mine and it looks like they are stored in the file 'likes.csv'
So, Thank you Elysium! After looking at something you said I realized what the problem was. When REFX Nexus was trying to save to likes.csv it couldn't because...drum roll....my Office365 expired. So that is why it wasn't working NOT because I had pirated software like some people like to accuse people of in this forum. Actually only ONE person did that. So Thank you for your help Elysium. That is what a forum is suppose to be about NOT harassing and accusing people of things. That only creates a toxic environment. Sorry I'll get off my soap box now but I don't like being accused of stuff by people who don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

cooldrewb wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:29 pm
Elysium.NZ wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:00 pm I think favorites are saved in a xml file on disk or are possibly cloud synced if you have that turned on. One thing I would try is to start Nexus under administrator privilege ('Run as administrator') to see if it's a write-access/permissions problem. You could either do this by launching your host as administrator or possibly better, host Nexus using something like SaviHost (started as admin) to keep it simple just to see if that makes a difference.

So, Thank you Elysium! After looking at something you said I realized what the problem was. When REFX Nexus was trying to save to likes.csv it couldn't because...drum roll....my Office365 expired. So that is why it wasn't working NOT because I had pirated software like some people like to accuse people of in this forum. Actually only ONE person did that. So Thank you for your help Elysium. That is what a forum is suppose to be about NOT harassing and accusing people of things. That only creates a toxic environment. Sorry I'll get off my soap box now but I don't like being accused of stuff by people who don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
:? You don't need office installed to write to csv files. Imagine if everyone who uses nexus also needed office?

Usually this will be a sync issue caused by the software not being able to connect to the (refx) servers...y'know, like, if an IP is blocked from calling home for some reason. :lol:

Cooldrweb - if you are legit, then I’m a) happy you got this resolved and b) sorry for casting aspersions.

But I’m going to ask one last thing of you - to read my post below again. You never said you contacted support in the OP, I still find their response bizarre and it was definitely worth mentioning. I took time out to check the problem on my system, and suggested you check it out with support. I was genuinely trying to help. But you didn’t take a moment reply to me, nor to the follow up posts.

So part of the reason I came to the conclusion I did was that you avoided answering all the advice you were being given. Why did you do that, I couldn’t help wondering - and that does happen a fair bit around here.
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:44 am Well a difference between KVR any many other forums is that they have a very strict anti-piracy policy. I’m rather keen on that, good for them.

This might seem a bit unfair on my part to assume guilt, but the evidence seems pretty compelling to me. In your OP, you forgot to mention that you’d already contacted support but they came up with nothing. Hey, we all forget things - it happens. But then you ignored my reply, then you ignored the replies of others, none of whom had this issue and wondered why you hadn’t seemingly contacted support. It would have taken you seconds to correct any misunderstanding. At this point, my suspicions became pretty overwhelming, so I called you out. Finally then you then gave a vague, hurt and scarcely believable defence. It would have taken seconds to reply to my question that the person who failed to help you was called Bob.

Is typing any of this worthy of my time? No, it probably isn’t. But I reached out to help you. So did others. Piracy harms all of us by its consequences, and it is rife in our industry. So for once I decided to take a stand and risk making myself look an ass. I would have checked the support story with the source, and very happy apologised if it checked out.

Instead you chose to flounce off. Okay, we all get to have better use of our time.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Lots of people on here have a “mall cop” syndrome. It’s very annoying

m-ac wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:14 pm
cooldrewb wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:29 pm

:? You don't need office installed to write to csv files. Imagine if everyone who uses nexus also needed office?

Usually this will be a sync issue caused by the software not being able to connect to the (refx) servers...y'know, like, if an IP is blocked from calling home for some reason. :lol:
That’s a good point. I uninstalled everything and that was the last thing that I saw and figured that had to be it but you’re right that would make the program a lot more expensive. Haha

noiseboyuk, I wasn’t trying to avoid the questions but more trying to just get to my answer and was being lazy trying to get to answer. Honestly I’m just glad it is fixed. Troubleshooting 101 backtrack steps and if all else fails reinstall.

Return to “Instruments”