ValhallaVintageVerb 3.0 Update - New Palace (Room) Mode Added

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:16 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:54 pm The version number definitely made me go "hmm..." myself.
It's Valhalla-style understatement. This should be called VintageVerb X.

Imo it's an effing huge deal. It catapults the plugin to a whole new level.

Sean took the Quantum architecture and turned it into something vastly more versatile and I think also beautyful.
Oh, I'm not knocking the version # increase at all and totally agree. This really is some next-level sh*t. :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:54 pm No, you didn't miss anything. The version number definitely made me go "hmm..." myself.
Seems like the work to reverse-engineer, re-implement, and improve the original QRS algorithm would have been quite some effort, so this seems to be a major feature, worthy of a big upgrade imo, if he's done a good job with it.

I like that he's tried to retain the characteristics of the original, while not being limited to those restrictions and constraints, in order to make it more useful. :tu:

point releases are usually more under the hood refinement, whole number for additional features.
at least that's what we tend to expect when a release is announced?

Well, it's pissing down outside, so I might get the full studio day today. I figure I'll park the doof-doof number I'm working on, fire up VVV3 and do the swami-on-acid-sitting-in-the-Taj-Mahal-making-weird-bleeps&bloops thing. 8)

NKS version for Komplete Kontrol/Maschine users

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzrms11ulu355 ... S.zip?dl=0

How does it stand against the Savant Audio Quantec thing?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:38 pm NKS version for Komplete Kontrol/Maschine users

Thanks for sharing this, unfortunately quite a few of the presets on mac do not actually have any controls. You can see the titles for the control sets but all the controls are blank.
There are many like this but an example is CC-Guitar Room

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:47 pm How does it stand against the Savant Audio Quantec thing?
It basically mops the floor with it, if you ask me...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:47 pm How does it stand against the Savant Audio Quantec thing?
The Savant one is basically an exact replica of I think the 90's version. The decay times are stepped, there's no modulation, etc. This one is, as Sean Costello said, loosely inspired by the original. The parameter set is different, it has modulation, etc. I actually prefer this.

As Sean Costello said on gearspace
seancostello wrote:LOOSELY inspired by. There won't be any nulling of the outputs of the plugin with any Quantec hardware, or impulse responses, or other plugin versions of the Quantec algorithms. I started with my understanding of the basic algorithm concepts, but very much took them in a VintageVerb direction. Inspiration, not emulation.

jens wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:41 pm
It basically mops the floor with it, if you ask me...
Yeah, I like this much better too. You can hear the similarities, but this just sounds better to my ear and is more flexible.

Mogular wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:31 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:38 pm NKS version for Komplete Kontrol/Maschine users

Thanks for sharing this, unfortunately quite a few of the presets on mac do not actually have any controls. You can see the titles for the control sets but all the controls are blank.
These are for the VST3 only so if you are still using VST2 there is an older version in the NKS User Library but it doesn't have all the new stuff

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:27 pm

These are for the VST3 only so if you are still using VST2 there is an older version in the NKS User Library but it doesn't have all the new stuff
I'm using the VST3 version.

Edit: Sorry just checked for some reason this is going straight to the VST2 version, despite the fact that the VST3 version is on my system

2nd Edit: I removed the VST2 version and now the presets appear to be finding the correct version. Hmm I seem to remember that with the new version of maschine that there was some way of migrating from VST2 to VST3, perhaps I'm making this up.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:44 pm
The Savant one is basically an exact replica of I think the 90's version. The decay times are stepped, there's no modulation, etc. This one is, as Sean Costello said, loosely inspired by the original. The parameter set is different, it has modulation, etc. I actually prefer this.

As Sean Costello said on gearspace
seancostello wrote:LOOSELY inspired by. There won't be any nulling of the outputs of the plugin with any Quantec hardware, or impulse responses, or other plugin versions of the Quantec algorithms. I started with my understanding of the basic algorithm concepts, but very much took them in a VintageVerb direction. Inspiration, not emulation.
Damn! Another 50$ expense looming...

Mogular wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:40 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:27 pm

I'm using the VST3 version.

Edit: Sorry just checked for some reason this is going straight to the VST2 version, despite the fact that the VST3 version is on my system

2nd Edit: I removed the VST2 version and now the presets appear to be finding the correct version. Hmm I seem to remember that with the new version of maschine that there was some way of migrating from VST2 to VST3, perhaps I'm making this up.
That's why I made this just for VST3 as I was seeing the same with the VST2 - Maschine and Komplete Kontrol support migration but unfortunately Valhalla plugins don't completely - the presets migrate but the automation params between the VST2 and VST3 versions don't entirely align - this is a problem with several plugin companies (Korg is another) - while others such as Audiothing, Eventide and u-he handle the migration smoothly.

Also, unless you are on Apple Silicon and in native mode (which just doesn't support VST2 at all) KK and Maschine will still use the VST2 if it is available as that is the original format NKS was built around, you need to remove the VST2 and for the plugin to properly support migration for this to really work well.

eytanmich123 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:23 am How do you define a "Bricasti mode" ?
Try Savant Audio Labs Quantum Evolution, but it's completely different beast from Valhalla plugins.
Murderous duck!

Return to “Effects”