KVR private messages

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've not been able to find a solution for a while to this issue, so hoping somone will know a workaround...

If I send someone a private message, and then realise or decide that I need to add something else, if I reply to that message before the other user has replied, they don't seem to get the 2nd message.

I have no idea if this is the case every time, or what frequency, if not. But it's been confirmed by the other users on several occasions. What I do know is that the 2nd message does not appear in the Outbox folder on my screen, as an unread message waiting to be seen by the other person, as it does with 1st messages.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

If the message has not been read yet, I'd advice to just edit it. No need to write a follow-up message.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

^^^ that
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

BertKoor wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:04 am If the message has not been read yet, I'd advice to just edit it. No need to write a follow-up message.
That's true, no need to write a follow-up when it's not been read yet (so I will do that in those circumstances, thanks for the suggestion). But, that doesn't change the fact that there is sometimes a need to write a follow-up message when the previous one has been read. Editing one that has already been read will likely mean that the other user will not realise.

Is this a bug that's been reported before?

Just send a second message ...

It would just be easier & less cluttered to keep messages together, when they're about the same topic. You open up 1 message and scroll down the page to see the conversation.

I'm not saying "oh f**k, I can't live without a solution to this"... but, I don't understand why you can't just simply add to a message / conversation, whether it's read or unread, before the receiver has replied to it. I couldn't imagine that's an intended feature, hence why I thought it may be a bug.

I'll leave it there then, unless any KVR admins have a technical response as to reasons why it happens.

If you select the PM in Sent Messages and reply to that (adding the original recipient of course) it will get threaded with the previous one.

Ah, that's what was causing it.

I was doing that, replying to the PM in Sent Messages. It did indeed get threaded with any previous ones, but it was only showing that way on my screen. The recipient was unable to see the new content in the threaded message.

But, I've just seen... replying to a Sent Message before it's been replied to by the other person, removes their username from the list of recipients and replaces it with your own username. So you have to manually add them again. I hadn't realised that because once they've replied to a message and then I send another message, you don't have to add their username again.

Got it now, many thanks!

Return to “Site Stuff”