Krishna synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Krishna Synth

FKFX, out of the goodness of their hearts, decided the best place to put the Krishna library is in the Music folder. Luckily, it can be removed and placed somewhere else with the caveat that you must use a symlink to where it was in the Music folder.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:25 pm FKFX, out of the goodness of their hearts, decided the best place to put the Krishna library is in the Music folder. Luckily, it can be removed and placed somewhere else with the caveat that you must use a symlink to where it was in the Music folder.
:)

Thanks for the hint! :tu:

mellotronaut wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:56 pm
mike_o wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 am looks like this is only compatible with big sur andnot with good old catalina, can someone explain to me what a "Frame Oscillator" is?
Krishna works quite well here in Catalina. i'm quite happy with its resurrection. it has a distinct sound and a unique approach, it can make a lot of noise, the tube is great, the modulation and the sequencer are interesting, cpu is low. very inspiring, not the usual suspect. :love:
I’m definitely going to give it a try. It’s been so long, I wouldn’t be surprised if I changed my mind a lot. Might not make every track, but it could be a good flavor. I’ve recently rediscovered Absynth after years of sort of ignoring it. It still has some great aspects.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

morphex wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:16 pm
mike_o wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 am looks like this is only compatible with big sur andnot with good old catalina, can someone explain to me what a "Frame Oscillator" is?
Krishna works quite well here in Catalina. i'm quite happy with its resurrection. it has a distinct sound and a unique approach, it can make a lot of noise, the tube is great, the modulation and the sequencer are interesting, cpu is low. very inspiring, not the usual suspect. :love:
Thank you for posting your experience. I'm also on Catalina. Right now, nothing is "broken", so I don't feel the need to "fix it" by updating my OS. But I admit, I'll probably upgrade to at least Big Sur sometime this year to get access to the latest features in Logic Pro.

Do you care to comment on CPU and/or RAM performance, stability, etc.? Thanks again! 8)
i use Krishna AU in Live 11.2.7 on an 2018 Imac with 16gb RAM and it is quite stable and the cpu is 2% to 4%.
Ableton Live 11 has a problem with a lot of VSTi2; so i use only AU.
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:38 pm
morphex wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:16 pm
Thank you for posting your experience. I'm also on Catalina. Right now, nothing is "broken", so I don't feel the need to "fix it" by updating my OS. But I admit, I'll probably upgrade to at least Big Sur sometime this year to get access to the latest features in Logic Pro.

Do you care to comment on CPU and/or RAM performance, stability, etc.? Thanks again! 8)
i use Krishna AU in Live 11.2.7 on an 2018 Imac with 16gb RAM and it is quite stable and the cpu is 2% to 4%.
Ableton Live 11 has a problem with a lot of VSTi2; so i use only AU.
I appreciate it, thank you. Cheers!! :tu:

Sorry, tried it and it didn’t impress me at all…
Uninstalled 20 minutes later…

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:54 am Sorry, tried it and it didn’t impress me at all…
Uninstalled 20 minutes later…
Aww...you broke my heart. :(
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

i'm enjoying it
sounds much grittier than i remember

This was one of those that seemed like the idea was ahead of the practical implementation (as in, not a good idea to run 20 instances ,etc.)... not sad to see it resurrected, but am a tad curious as to why FKFX wasn't interested in starting a new thread or even chiming in on this one. Those of us who've been around a hot minute have seen more than one dev with interesting stuff vanish without warning or explanation, so trepidation is understandable.

That being said, can we look forward to some necromancy with, say, White Noise Audio's golden oldies? ;)
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Holy crap - didn't see that coming

is it HDPI now too?

ccDuckett wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:59 pm

That being said, can we look forward to some necromancy with, say, White Noise Audio's golden oldies? ;)
Yeah

Can't Load the Data File on PC?: Fixed

I commented earlier that I couldn't get Krishna to de-compress and load the data file. It never generated the prompt to authorize. The issue was of course on my end. I had set Cubase to be load in adminstrator mode. Administrator mode disables drag and drop between applications. All is good and I am nicely suprised by the free version. If they get around to making a version with either a larger interface or a scaleable interface, I'd be leaning towards purchasing it. Interesting character.

FKFX KrishnaSynth Legacy Demo :phones:
https://youtu.be/n4xeCn6U9qE

:o

Sounds good to me
I hope a 2.0 with resizable GUI and maybe some addtional features we can find in their other nice plugins

Support haven't replied to my email. As far as I'm concerned, nothing has changed since the dev' went awol. It would be foolish of me to purchase anything from the elusive one at this time.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”