Next Softube Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I wish they would put the Biscuit into Modular format and implement the alternate OS that turned the hardware into a cool 8-bit synth (not in the plug-in last I checked).

For the model series… hmm. Given that they make Modular bits for the subsystems, I would say MS-20 with a SQ-10 companion.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

yul wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:42 am Something poly ... most definitely
How about the MemoryMoog?

Moog Subsequent 37

how about Buchla 100 or EMS Synthi 100
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Even though I have 2 great Odyssey VSTs, I would still be interested in a softube version, especially with the modular components, to make a 2600.

I'd love a softube MS-20. I don't feel it's been done right yet. I have the Arturia and Diva, not bad but softube would kill it.

Similar for the Jupiter-8. I like the Tal, but I just know that if softube did it, much like their Juno and 101, the softube Jupiter would be my favorite.

Oh and would love a CS-80 by softube as well. The Arturia is decent, but I would not be able to resist the softube version.

slackhead wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:42 am
yul wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:42 am Something poly ... most definitely
How about the MemoryMoog?
Yes.. enough of 2 osc poly synths already.

electro wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:22 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:56 am
mholloway wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:55 am They could do an Xpander, but instead they'll do the world's 900th SEM emulation. Woooo.
I would probably buy a SEM emulation if Softube did it (considering their other high quality stuff). I passed on the Gforce one, because I thought that it doesn't quite hit the right spot sonically for me.
Arturia did the Expander which is the same synth as a Matrix 12. They probably have the rebuilt emulation coming in the next upgrade. Passing on the Gforce SEM doesn't make sense because they did an amazing job, the best ITB SEM officially endorsed by Oberheim.
The Xpander was the same as the Matrix 12, but the SEM (Synthesizer Expander Module) is not the same as the Xpander; the SEM was the base for the 2, 4, and 8-voice synths. Likewise, Arturia's SEM and Matrix 12 aren't diferent versions of the same basic engine.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

I'd love to see an Alpha Juno emulation from Softube. (Model 85?) We may be drowning in Juno emulations but they're all 60/106, and with its unique sawtooths, IR3R05 filter, and multistage envelopes, the Alpha is really more of its own thing that's surprisingly versatile considering its limited set of parameters. I find it kind of sad that only one developer has made a serious attempt at it thus far, it really is a nice little synth.

randomtestsubject wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:25 am I'd love to see an Alpha Juno emulation from Softube. (Model 85?) We may be drowning in Juno emulations but they're all 60/106, and with its unique sawtooths, IR3R05 filter, and multistage envelopes, the Alpha is really more of its own thing that's surprisingly versatile considering its limited set of parameters. I find it kind of sad that only one developer has made a serious attempt at it thus far, it really is a nice little synth.
Totally agree. It's a great synth, deserves more emulations than just AudioRealism, and based on Softube's record with Roland emulations so far, I think they'd absolutely nail it.

Matrix12, Arp2600, Andromeda, sequential Pro2, Sub37, Sh-5, Jupiter6 and Voyager

Maybe some
good
Casio
emulation!

I remember last year there was a poll about which Synth they should model next, there was MS-20, Prophet, Virus and more which i dont remember, i gave the MS-20 the first place because im thinking about buying the hardware a long time now, but if they bring it out maybe this year i dont need to :) they already saved me alot of money with the model 82, model 84, model 72 which instead i would have bought the real version, but they´r emulations are that great that i barely can hear a difference to the real ones.

Makes sense because the way synth components integrate into Modular is extremely powerful.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:06 pm Even though I have 2 great Odyssey VSTs, I would still be interested in a softube version, especially with the modular components, to make a 2600.
TAL J-8 is a perfect Jupiter 8 emulation and its important to avoid redundancy.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:06 pm I'd love a softube MS-20. I don't feel it's been done right yet. I have the Arturia and Diva, not bad but softube would kill it.

Similar for the Jupiter-8. I like the Tal, but I just know that if softube did it, much like their Juno and 101, the softube Jupiter would be my favorite.
Where is the Hardware A/B showing Arturia missed the mark?
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:06 pm Oh and would love a CS-80 by softube as well. The Arturia is decent, but I would not be able to resist the softube version.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Although the separated synth modules for use in Softube Modular are a great idea I think they tend to lack CV modulation inputs which would make them more compelling in the modular environment.

Coffeer4n wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:43 pm I remember last year there was a poll about which Synth they should model next, there was MS-20, Prophet, Virus and more which i dont remember, i gave the MS-20 the first place because im thinking about buying the hardware a long time now, but if they bring it out maybe this year i dont need to :) they already saved me alot of money with the model 82, model 84, model 72 which instead i would have bought the real version, but they´r emulations are that great that i barely can hear a difference to the real ones.
There is a Virus emulation. It sounds excellent (just as a plug-in) and I've DL'ed the demo. I've never played the Virus TI, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the VST.:

https://youtu.be/BEez0B59aQI

https://youtu.be/HYAKP0FLvmA
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Return to “Instruments”