What song touches you the most

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beethoven's Die Kreutzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okWr-tzwOEg

From the start, with those violin notes, I get this feeling that seems to arc from my heart up to neck, a quenching shiver, a resonance. I get the goosebumps and chills reliably. I feel pain and soothing, despair and hope, smallness and immensity.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

i need Help wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:59 am We were eating at a famous restaurant and he as well as other people at other tables were “Ooh!”, “Mmm!”, and “Ohmygawd!”-ing while eating.

I was just like * chew chew chew * lol.
You are the fat rat in ratatouille.

Neil Diamond - Evermore. The neighbours love to hear me belting this out;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kry7XC5JIY

f**ker didn't even play it when I went to see him a few years back. :x

watching sigur ros live, on the () tour.
small crowd of 100, small room.
bloody beautiful, tears rolling down my cheeks with elation, didnt know how else to react :shrug:

im only human :cry:

Did they do 'Rains of Castamere?'
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:47 pm Did they do 'Rains of Castamere?'
if its on () then yes.
i gave up on their titles many years ago as they are mostly, really long icelandic or made up words.
i just listen 8)

i have seen them several times, but that was the only one, where i just couldnt keep the tears in for some reason. the more intimate setting perhaps?

highly recommended if theyre ever in your area :love:

It’s the bloody song played at the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones, the popular television programme.

You berk.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 pm It’s the bloody song played at the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones, the popular television programme.

You berk.
which, despite looking like a lord of the rings extra, ive never seen :lol:

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:53 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 pm It’s the bloody song played at the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones, the popular television programme.

You berk.
Still: they were the ones in the balcony of the Red Wedding playing it. It's on the season 2 or 4 soundtrack.

As a Hobbit or a Wizard?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

as were doing film/tv type stuff, honourable mention "lukes theme".
purely nostalgia of course, but takes me right back to the first time i ever went to a cinema 8)

Bombadil wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:57 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:53 pm

You berk.
Still: they were the ones in the balcony of the Red Wedding playing it. It's on the season 2 or 4 soundtrack.

As a Hobbit or a Wizard?
i shall seek it out!

im not a hobbit, not quite short enough.
but i look like gimli, in a couple of hundred years :cry: or however long it takes for dwarves in middle earth to get old?

-Martin Luther King Jr.

hold on? with the guitars and synths?
or is it more of a big stone xylophone type thing?

ah no, thats later than ().
still lovely though, something about pretty much everything theyve done!

As to answer the question: Probably Simon and Garfunkel's 'Old Friends.' My best friend since kindergarten died in 2011 of complications from Myotonic Dystrophy. Had each other's back for 45 years. He once said, when we were in our early 20's, that this song reminded him of us, and that one day we'd be 'sharing a parkbench, quietly.'
It's like getting a fist in the gut every time I hear it.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”