Modalics - Beat Scholar/New drum sequencer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ftech wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:53 pm I can see me using this for a lot more than just drum sequencing.
its funny for vocals

just: sample start-end point adjustment would add here alots to the table.
or was this implemented allready ? ( i´ve fallen out of using BS )

Woah, somehow didn't notice my KVR notifications for 3 days and missed a ton!

Anyway, we already fixed the Windows 7 issue in Beat Scholar, so you can now download the latest version again. :)

We still only officially support Windows 10 and up, as we have no real way of testing if something we do will break compatibility for someone. We still appreciate that people reported this problem to us and fortunately this was an easy fix which didn't require getting a hold of an actual machine or VM that runs Windows 7.
Musician and audio plugins developer. https://www.modalics.com

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:15 pm
pekbro wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:06 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 pm For paid customers, where does one download the latest version?
Demo should be the same download, I just get emailed a direct link from them and use that.
Do you get emailed each time there is an update? Or the original email from them with the download will always download the latest?
We don't email on each new update, just major ones, but in one of the recent versions (blacking out which one) we added an in-plugin notification about it, so the next time you'll open the plugin you'll get the option to download the latest (or dismiss it).

Updates are still coming often though. :)

Ahh, my bad. I thought each update was in the emails. I have used the link from the plugin too, and that works well.

pekbro wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:14 am Ahh, my bad. I thought each update was in the emails. I have used the link from the plugin too, and that works well.
Yeah, we only try to send out emails when we have bigger updates (like the one that happened last week when we added Mike Malyan's free preset pack for Djent/Metal drum patterns) just to not be that thing that always shows up on your inboxes!

All I can say is "thanks a lot", you solved it within 24 hours, that's unbelievable, I have to repeat, that you are one of the best devs, also the cpu usage is very light, some devs could take a leaf out of your book.

Indded!
Your hard work is really appreciated.
Many thanks.

innervisions wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:58 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:15 pm
pekbro wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:06 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 pm For paid customers, where does one download the latest version?
Demo should be the same download, I just get emailed a direct link from them and use that.
Do you get emailed each time there is an update? Or the original email from them with the download will always download the latest?
We don't email on each new update, just major ones, but in one of the recent versions (blacking out which one) we added an in-plugin notification about it, so the next time you'll open the plugin you'll get the option to download the latest (or dismiss it).

Updates are still coming often though. :)
Thanks... just downloaded the latest version!

Your plugin is pure fun
like the new presets, too

Hi
You said:
"We haven't posted in a few weeks, because we got a new (free!) plugin "
It is not Beat Scholar but a new product?

I am hesitating to buy this plug (Beat Scholar) but Triaz by Wave Alchemy is very attractive.
Any opinions on these 2 products?

innervisions wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:17 am
pekbro wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:14 am Ahh, my bad. I thought each update was in the emails. I have used the link from the plugin too, and that works well.
Yeah, we only try to send out emails when we have bigger updates (like the one that happened last week when we added Mike Malyan's free preset pack for Djent/Metal drum patterns) just to not be that thing that always shows up on your inboxes!
I don't remember getting an email last week. I'm pretty sure I'm on the list. Hmmm, weird.

k

Louspatte wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:17 am Hi
You said:
"We haven't posted in a few weeks, because we got a new (free!) plugin "
It is not Beat Scholar but a new product?

I am hesitating to buy this plug (Beat Scholar) but Triaz by Wave Alchemy is very attractive.
Any opinions on these 2 products?
Yes, the new plugin is something else (an Arpeggiator with a few twists). We will announce more details about it very soon, I hope!

Thanks for the answer.
Could someone answer me about:
"I am hesitating to buy this plug (Beat Scholar) but Triaz by Wave Alchemy is very attractive.
Any opinions on these 2 products?"

Louspatte wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:14 pm Thanks for the answer.
Could someone answer me about:
"I am hesitating to buy this plug (Beat Scholar) but Triaz by Wave Alchemy is very attractive.
Any opinions on these 2 products?"
Get which ever you like best, I'm sure that a lot of us in this thread were never looking for a
single do it all drum solution. Personally, I have many solutions, spanning most every plugin
of this type, all the way to Eurorack and $2k-ish hardware units. Beat Scholar is super cool,
that is all that matters to me. The WA stuff is also super cool typically, tho I haven't used Triaz.
In the least, I have always been a big fan of WA's drum samples.

latecomer to this thread ...
appologies if this was asked/answered previously ...

does this plug-in do separate outputs for audio and midi , or just audio ?..

seems like some very forward thinking here ; i particularly like the way
you handle time signature ...

Return to “Instruments”