Pittsburgh Modular TAIGA

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

re another small synth, the east beast is pretty damn fine too, and they both have that random oscillator shape and with filter type on the east beast

fyi, strega sounds :o through west pest!!

foosnark wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:25 pm
foosnark wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:52 pm I wish they made a standalone wavefolder. Microvolt, Voltage Lab, LPO, West Pest and Taiga don't have an external input for the folder, only Double Helix does. :scared:
Apparently I was wrong and West Pest does have a folder input. That immediately makes it even more tempting than it was before.
Hmmm... I suspect I merely forgot about that rather than wasn't aware of it, or even excited about it at some point, but good to know. And, yes it does make it more appealing. 8)
foosnark wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:25 pm Also Capt'n Big-O has a fold input, but... I loathe almost every single aspect of that panel, from the name to the jack spacing, and I am not normally the type to complain about such things.
I've heard some cool sounds from it, but am the type to complain about all of the points you loathe, with which I completely agree. Too many to get past, for my tastes.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

- deleted -
Last edited by Uncle E on Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:56 pm fyi, strega sounds :o through west pest!!
I bet that's true in both directions :)

foosnark wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:10 pm
i can confirm this now too :tu:

Very little of the Pittsburgh stuff has appealed to me over the years for some reason. I almost bought some of their experimental series stuff, but ultimately, never pulled the trigger. :shrug:

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:23 pm
Via Waveform Contour audio input jack?

elxsound wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:15 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:23 pm
Via Waveform Contour audio input jack?
using the audio to modulate the oscillator in the weird x input.
with the two cv envelope followers going to delay the wobble and to the audio contour
use pitch out on west coast.

also nice with east beast, using a long envelope, playing by hand for long sweeps. send the envelope to the audio contour :tu:

I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”