Is FlowStone Dead?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kirsty roland wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:13 pm If you want to play with an early alpha version I can post a link for you.
I don't know about the person you responded to, but I'm definitely interested in trying it out.

BrockHardcastle wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:34 pmIs SynthEdit still looked upon unfavourably? I was able to make one of the FX I wanted pretty quickly and easily export to VST3 in SynthEdit.
What does it matter what prejudice others hold? It seems you've arrived at your own opinion. That might be the most valuable one.
Thoracius Appotite | Classic, retro, lo-fi synth patch banks for: microKORG, microKORG XL, KORG minilogue, KORG monologue, Arturia MicroFreak

BrockHardcastle wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:34 pm Is SynthEdit still looked upon unfavourably? I was able to make one of the FX I wanted pretty quickly and easily export to VST3 in SynthEdit.
Yes does VST3 MAC ARM compatible exports also. A lot of development going on here for format support. Also Midi 2.0 and MPE controller support has been added recently.
-Committed to provide innovative technologies for multimedia.-

https://www.davidsonaudioandmultimedia.com

Hi,
i bought it today for testing but i cant find the V4 Alpha just 3.9Beta2. Can someone tell me where i can get the V4 Alpha as a Customer?
Many thanks for helping me ;)
Have a nice evening and sorry for my bad english.

@kirsty roland: has SynthCraft a website i could not find something via google.

MelodicStylez wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:49 pm @kirsty roland: has SynthCraft a website i could not find something via google.
Thanks for your interest.
It's still in alpha development stuffed full of all my debug code.
I'll try and put together a public release for you to play with when I can.

Regards Kirsty :)

kirsty roland wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:10 pm
MelodicStylez wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:49 pm @kirsty roland: has SynthCraft a website i could not find something via google.
Thanks for your interest.
It's still in alpha development stuffed full of all my debug code.
I'll try and put together a public release for you to play with when I can.

Regards Kirsty :)
That would be awesome from you.

Is flowstone a no go for creating 64 bit plugins? Hise looks interesting, is it only for sampler type instruments?

What's best synth maker for creating in 64 bit these days for code newbies
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:32 pm Is flowstone a no go for creating 64 bit plugins? Hise looks interesting, is it only for sampler type instruments?

In HISE you can build Samplers, effects and synths, 64-bit MacOS, Windows and *nix - VST, AU and AAX. it has its own internal "synthedit-like" visual programming, as well as a more classical scripting language(2 actually) and integration with RNBO and Faust.

If you are looking for an easy entry option: SynthEdit may well be the visual development tool you are looking for.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:32 pm Is flowstone a no go for creating 64 bit plugins? Hise looks interesting, is it only for sampler type instruments?

FlowStone is not a nogo. It is still in developement. With the Alpha you can do 64 Bit. But i have no idea how long it will take untill a final 64Bit version will be released.

Best for what? SynthEdit is probably still the lowest priced with the easiest transition to building your own modules in C. So it's probably the "best" in terms of making an eventual transition to coding while building a synth/effect from dragging and dropping stuff.

HISE is probably the easiest way to bridge the gap to all formats, for some definition of easy.

If you want to do stuff for yourself for a while and you aren't worried about all of the different formats, FlowStone is prettier, and some might say easier to use than SynthEdit. It creates prettier plugins out of the box.

If you really want to learn about the details of Synthesis and DSP then I think that Reaktor is still the best way to go if you don't already code. The caveat there is that there is no easy transformation to a standalone plugin later.

If you are patient and use Live, then I think Max + RNBO may turn out to be the easiest way to generate something pretty/modern over the longer term and you can create Live instruments/effects now. This assumes that Cycling 74 will develop the ability to generate actual plugin U/Is in reasonably short order.

If you want the absolute shortest path to something with at least a somewhat pretty interface for simple ideas with a very simple scripting language then I think that Plug-n-Script will have a very short learning curve. However, this assumes that you are creating very simple interfaces and are more interested in learning DSP than in reusing existing modules. It quickly gets tedious for any reasonable U/I.

Finally, Reaper's built in scripting is actually quite powerful and it ships with a lot of examples. Again, no easy transition to a real plugin later, but easier and more automatable than Reaktor.

I was giving synthedit a go, but the knobs are a no go, so I got a good knob at knobman and created a png file. I add a subcontroller image2 control, which I think is what knobman created, an image I want to use as a knob, but does knobman just create the image and I need to place a txt file with the image so that synthedit will turn that long image file into a knob?

Why doesn't knobman automatically generate a txt file with the image to read in whatever program to design a synth?

ghettosynth, wow, amazing knolwedge you dropped. I really want to focus on fast release of a synth/sampler in 64 bit as easy as possible, so reaktor and other no port is a no go. Flowstone looks nice but not sure if it exports 64bit synths. i can only find 32 bit flowstone so I assume it only exports 32 bit plugs.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I can only open .knob file in knobman, which tweakes the knobs, htf do I get any knob out of knobman to seamlessly work in synth edit, like ya, import knobman knob, good idea...pitiful

Is Hise betta

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:49 pm I can only open .knob file in knobman, which tweakes the knobs, htf do I get any knob out of knobman to seamlessly work in synth edit, like ya, import knobman knob, good idea...pitiful

Is Hise betta
You have to render the knob to a filmstrip. This is what you use in Synthedit.

Yes, filmstrip, aka, a long png file. what next. how specifically import anything out of knobman into synth edit

puhleeaze, beggin you :cry:

TTU Youtube

Ghetto synth, you rule

but you suck

why am I plagued so

TTU Youtube

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”