Other reverbs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there other reverbs that have this Tonal Reset like this on?
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/w-a-produ ... ugin-57022

Not that I know of. I seem to recall some reverb with a similar feature to the transient suppression but I cant recall for sure. It's quite a unique feature from reading the description and seems pretty useful. Although you could put a transient processor ahead of any reverb for that effect. The Tonal Reset however would be more difficult or impossible to replicate.

Take a look at unfiltered audio tails, it has a feature to switch buffers when it detects a new transient as well

all of them, i need all of them
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Adaptiverb kind of does the same thing with chord changes within the verb

pikey wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:12 am Take a look at unfiltered audio tails, it has a feature to switch buffers when it detects a new transient as well
That would be my suggestion. Its a great sounding lush reverb with 4 different types of algorithms, including a Shimmer.

Here's 2 approaches to doing that with Melda MTurboReverb/MB
A simple way (jmg8 post): viewtopic.php?p=8555168#p8555168

or

https://youtu.be/dCxwZ0FBOUc

I tried the demo and tonal reset is not really that robust, it also needs an audible SILENCE before the "tonal reset" so Legato doesn't work at all, and there's an audible period of silence before the buffer is reset.

Good idea, but execution is terrible and nearly useless.

Ploki wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:29 am I tried the demo and tonal reset is not really that robust, it also needs an audible SILENCE before the "tonal reset" so Legato doesn't work at all, and there's an audible period of silence before the buffer is reset.

Good idea, but execution is terrible and nearly useless.
I was working with tonal reset as an effect rather than a tool. With a rhythmic source adjusting tonal reset can cause the reverb to modulate amplitude in time with the soruce and I've found it pretty musical.

On a different note, be warned, even if KSHMR Reverb runs on your mac, it may not authorize if you buy it, if you are running macPOS 10.14 and lesser. Gone are the days of validating if a plugin will work by running the demo - the demo of KSHMR Reverb works on my 10.14 system but will not authorize with the serial number. WA Productions pushed back on this saying "you should have checked the system requirements". yes that's true but typically if a plugin runs it will run. no more I guess. but WAP has a fix which they seemed to reluctantly share with me. Weird...

Return to “Effects”