Cardinal (open source VCV)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DRMR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:28 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am VST3 still crashing Studio One on latest release
This still hasn't been reported on the issue tracker, so likely nobody will work on this until it's being tracked.
How do you go about that ?

Digivolt wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:04 pm How do you go about that ?
Post a ticket here -> https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal/issues

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well that's the thing: we can't keep track of random reports over the internet. Which means they are unlikely to be looked in to or be fixed.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very nice!! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Thanks, loving those Surge modules, that mod system is very elegant and saves a fair bit of patching.

Howdy - I was playing with Cardinal on a MACOS and trying to replicate a typical synth demo, with keyboard input for the notes. I can't get any notes played this way - am I missing something? Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you - out of curiosity what is the thought behind this limitation? And, in that context, what is "the host"?

"the host" is the software that you run the plugin in. This is typically a DAW, but can be any software that can run audio plugins.

It's in the job of this software to handle such events.

Been playing around and really enjoying the Surge XT modules in Cardinal, really great collection. They also contain one of the few LFOs that can easily sync to host of the ones available which is really useful, so thank you for taking the time and effort to port these! Was looking for a simple pianoroll within the included modules but couldn't find one (I realise pianorolls are not really a thing in a modular!). I notice RCM modules have a free basic one, would you ever consider porting those modules in the future to Cardinal? (I appreciate you've probably got a wishlist for modules somewhere!)

RCM Modules are `GPL-2.0-or-later` so that would be compatible, yes!

You can find the module wishlist on the project wiki, which already includes RCM: https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal/wik ... to-include

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ha, I did not even realise the Ildaeil host was there, that is amazing, so cool being able to host VSTs inside Cardinal! Thanks for the head's up, I am sure I can get something up and running with a piano roll in it in the meantime (Image Line's Minihost modular is not a bad option for this) and then be able to trigger patterns via CV-MIDI possibly, certainly this opens up a new world with Cardinal!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”