Is Omnisphere 2 still worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Omnisphere is not a $500 synth, but it does have many $500 purchasers.
Which raises the secondary question was it ever?
And one would need the other three libraries to even consider it a "workstation" alternative. And that amount of money puts it pretty close to being the same price was one. Especially if you're paying full pop like the easy marks do.
And yes, it would need to incorporate Stylus RMX into the whole to be that as well.
Desert Island synth? - ew - no. It's a good and more than decent synth, but there's others I'd want way before it.
And it has always been overpriced.

I ask myself who does buy it used for 365$, when you can get it new, e.g. on Just Music for 365€ as here

https://www.justmusic.de/Software/Virtu ... m=10042041

According to my rule, that for a used thing, I want to gain at least 33% reduction, a price point around 2xx €/$ is more than appropriate.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:48 am Omnisphere is not a $500 synth, but it does have many $500 purchasers.
And one would need the other three libraries to even consider it a "workstation" alternative. And that amount of money puts it pretty close to being the same price was one. Especially if you're paying full pop like the easy marks do.
And yes, it would need to incorporate Stylus RMX into the whole to be that as well.
Desert Island synth? - ew - no. It's a good and more than decent synth, but there's others I'd want way before it.
And yet, if you're buying eurorack kit. You can spend $500 on one module any day of the week.

Ok, to be clear, Reaktor's my desert island synth and it's my only desert island synth, but, YMMV.

SamDi wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:00 am I ask myself who does buy it used for 365$, when you can get it new, e.g. on Just Music for 365€ as here

According to my rule, that for a used thing, I want to gain at least 33% reduction, a price point around 2xx €/$ is more than appropriate.
All plugins are worth $20, unless they're special. That's how I live these days at any rate, YMMV.

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:05 am
SamDi wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:00 am I ask myself who does buy it used for 365$, when you can get it new, e.g. on Just Music for 365€ as here

All plugins are worth $20, unless they're special. That's how I live these days at any rate, YMMV.
I guess for the blockbuster plugins it‘s difficult then to find anyone who sells it to you…

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:04 am
BBFG# wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:48 am Omnisphere is not a $500 synth, but it does have many $500 purchasers.
And yet, if you're buying eurorack kit. You can spend $500 on one module any day of the week.

Ok, to be clear, Reaktor's my desert island synth and it's my only desert island synth, but, YMMV.
Well, euroracks are a completely different animal. One that apparently consumes anyone thinking they can domesticate it. But both seem to be for people with more money than they need. Wasn't that originally an old George Carlin joke about cocaine and God's way of telling us something?

Still, that does raise more questions about these new "modules" currently being hawked by Spectra.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:10 am
ghettosynth wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:04 am

Well, euroracks are a completely different animal. One that apparently consumes anyone thinking they can domesticate it. But both seem to be for people with more money than they need. Wasn't that originally an old George Carlin joke about cocaine and God's way of telling us something?

Still, that does raise more questions about these new "modules" currently being hawked by Spectra.
More cocaine or more eurorack, you have a point, it's a legitimate question!

SamDi wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:09 am

I guess for the blockbuster plugins it‘s difficult then to find anyone who sells it to you…
It might be, but I have spent too much money on plugins like the rest of you. I'm just super salty about it these days.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:04 am
Trancit wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:06 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:53 pm Finally sold my copy after several months of trying. Relief, as that was collecting a lot of virtual dust through disuse. Lots of hard drive space freed up, too!

The person that sold theirs for $200 or whatever here on KVR didn't help any, but I got my full asking price in the end.
May I asked for how much you sold it??
I have the same problem here with virtual dust... 8)
Sure, I always list what I sell things for to help others trying to sell. I sold it for $365, which is still a great price considering fees. Just not a steal.

Spectrasonics was fantastic to work with.
Wow, that´s actually a good price you have achieved... congrats! :tu:
I can imagine it took quite some time to find this buyer...

C'mon, 30 pages about is this worth it? if this is trash, it won't be 30 pages and growing.
the answer is obvious.

bmanic wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:43 pmI'm also considering one or two of the Sonic Expansions. Any takes on which ones are the best?
Undercurrent and Unclean Machine

Trancit wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:08 am
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:04 am
Trancit wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:06 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:53 pm Finally sold my copy after several months of trying. Relief, as that was collecting a lot of virtual dust through disuse. Lots of hard drive space freed up, too!

The person that sold theirs for $200 or whatever here on KVR didn't help any, but I got my full asking price in the end.
May I asked for how much you sold it??
I have the same problem here with virtual dust... 8)
Sure, I always list what I sell things for to help others trying to sell. I sold it for $365, which is still a great price considering fees. Just not a steal.

Spectrasonics was fantastic to work with.
Wow, that´s actually a good price you have achieved... congrats! :tu:
I can imagine it took quite some time to find this buyer...
A few months. I'm in no rush to sell things, especially at highly-devalued prices. I'd rather not sell than sell for cheap.

I do know i'm fortunate where there's no necessity to sell anything - just nice to free up some cash again. Bascially, my 4-year "demo" of the software cost me about $20/year. Not the best choice I made on music software, but not the worst, either.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:38 pm A few months. I'm in no rush to sell things, especially at highly-devalued prices. I'd rather not sell than sell for cheap.

I do know i'm fortunate where there's no necessity to sell anything - just nice to free up some cash again. Bascially, my 4-year "demo" of the software cost me about $20/year. Not the best choice I made on music software, but not the worst, either.
Imho, you did everything right!

I am still on the fence whether I should sell it or not... time will tell... 8)

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:21 am
SamDi wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:09 am

It might be, but I have spent too much money on plugins like the rest of you. I'm just super salty about it these days.
Yes, mee too. But super salty? I mean a plugin is on average 100€. That's one evening going out to party, or one day skiing or a dinner in a restaurant with your women and these activities are gone after you did it. Of course over the years there accumulated some 1000s of bucks, but it's still cheaper than cycling or sailing or ...

And if you wouldn't have purchased all these plugins, you wouldn't know which just fits best to you.

Collector of VSTs

Return to “Instruments”