One Synth Challenge #167: Any One DAW Synth (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Curious to see what February's synth is going to be...

Voted. Good luck to my favorites! :wink:

I discovered some interesting things while voting.
A lot of originality... :) :clap:

Voted. Usually I pick one for the top of my list, but this time there were two at my top. Many great works.

Voting done!
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Mike777 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:26 am PSYN came with Cakewalk X3 and Sonar back in 2009 and is described as a 'Vitural Analog' synth that "models a full-featured subtractive synthesizer". It's a 32-bit DXi synth and does run in Cakewalk by Bandlab on my Win 7 64 bit PC, but does not run on a Win10 PC.
Would I have to have an old Sonar to get this or other similar VST in Cakewalk by Bandlab? Or can it be found somewhere for free now?

Voted.

voted but need to go through again i think.

MadMcMan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:00 pm voted but need to go through again i think.
Same here :party:
dB

All done voting. Another great selection: there seem to be an awful lot of fours and more fives than usual...

IV! wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:47 pm
Mike777 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:26 am PSYN came with Cakewalk X3 and Sonar back in 2009 and is described as a 'Vitural Analog' synth that "models a full-featured subtractive synthesizer". It's a 32-bit DXi synth and does run in Cakewalk by Bandlab on my Win 7 64 bit PC, but does not run on a Win10 PC.
Would I have to have an old Sonar to get this or other similar VST in Cakewalk by Bandlab? Or can it be found somewhere for free now?
I had Sonar on my Win7 64 bit which had PSYN and the other vsti's that are included with Sonar. Then I installed Cakewalk by Bandlab on the same PC and it detected those Sonar vsti plug-ins. Since it's Win7 the 32 bit vsti's that came with Sonar will run. But the 32bit vsti's will not run in Cakewalk by Bandlab on Win 10. Because I believe Win10 will not run anything 32 bit. 32bit vsti's do run on Wn 7 and 8.

I think you can find those Sonar vsti's dll's to download, and they should run in any DAW on Win 7 or 8.

Voted

Voting complete!

My Alchemy Patch for "Alchemist Waltz"

If any Logic users want to check out my Alchemy patch i did for Alchemist Waltz you can grab it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz3sutmcn2yec ... z.zip?dl=0

Included in the .zip is the MIDI file of the performance

to use it just insert an instance of Alchemy, load the preset, and drag in the midi file, and set the tempo to 174 bpm. the tempo means nothing but that is what the daw was set to when i recorded it

a low-end shelving eq can be used to get the EXACT sound but its not needed, it's 98% the track without anything else

cheers and let me know if you need any help

Voted!

Return to “Instruments”