Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:55 am
bmanic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:58 pm ........

....... Also, they finally implemented proper scaling into the plugin meaning you can have much larger text and knobs which is fantastic for me as my eye sight isn't what it used to be (and it was shit to begin with!).

HI bmanic.
How does one increase the knob and text size?
thanks
rsp
press the arrows in the bottom right corner
here.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ahhh.. thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Comb filters would be nice…

I just want to be able to see a synth. There’s weird eq envelopes overlaying each other, have to click click click to see basic parameters.
The sound is lovely but it’s a pain in ass to look at… like the polar opposite of my spouse…

ouch...lol
rsp
sound sculptist

The word that comes to mind is disappointing. I'm trying the demo and I don't think it's worth it, I have SurgeXT and Vital for free and they are much more powerful.

Trying the demo. I've not used Fabfilter plugins much so I'm not used to their UX but I don't find this very enjoyable to work with. The interface is form over function and a bit clunky to use. There's no option for double click to reset (even Cherry Audio gives you that), and as far as I can tell you can't change oscillator detune in semitone steps without manually typing it in or fidgeting with the mouse to try and get it dead on. I don't like having to use a mix of horizontal and vertical sliders for the envelopes. Can't rearrange effects.

It sounds nice enough, but other synths can make the same sounds with less hassle.

If I download the demo can I save my tracks with the synth?

Damn, this thing sounds incredible. I think I agree with some of the sentiment around the UX, might just be getting used to, I like having a new paradigm, so tired of all the skeuomorphic shit out there.

Again, might be just too much of a first impression, but this thing sounds absolutely phenomenal. The drum section left me speechless, I could not believe those weren't analog samples, they must be cheating somehow.

Lectropunk aka influx808 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:20 pm If I download the demo can I save my tracks with the synth?
unless they've changed the rules, the FF demoes are fully functional for 30 days.

Deadly

bmanic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:45 pm That intro music clip is just 6 tracks (edit: forgot the white noise swoosh.. so 6 tracks). First 0 to 27 seconds is one single preset. All FX used in the track are from Twin 3. Only external FX used was DAW Volume, Pan, EQ (Pro-Q) and compression (ReaComp most of the time but some Pro-C instances).

So yeah, it's perhaps not as polished as some professional music people make it sounds. Oh well. :)
Love those little detune parts you've got in there. Nice job on the demo.

Good demo. Don’t mean to sound harsh, but not seeing the point of this. What is it offering in 2023 that is fundamentally different in any way. I mean other than it’s very pretty.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:06 pm Good demo. Don’t mean to sound harsh, but not seeing the point of this. What is it offering in 2023 that is fundamentally different in any way. I mean other than it’s very pretty.
I think the reasonable answer is that they're not really pushing anything new, Twin 2 was released in 2010 (I think) and it was (imo) ahead of its time so it garnered a few niche loyal users, but the UI got old and since then people have been asking (in FabFilter's user forum) them to update the UI and add a few new things to the engine and this is what they've done.

It looks really modern and nice to use but honest question - What can it do what Serum cant?

Return to “Instruments”