Shouldn't inactive old accounts be deleted?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if inactive accounts should be deleted after let's say two years.
Especially when they have done only a minor figure of posts.

My reason for this proposal is that these sleeper accounts are obviously misused for trolling, shilling, spamming and other unfair behaviour.

On the other hand it's not a big issue to set up a new account when someone wants to come back after years again.

Opinions?

sometimes people set up accounts to lurk. you're going to tick a lot of people off just deactivating their accounts.

maybe treating inactive accounts as new users as far as spam filters are concerned would help. subtracting five posts per year of inactivity or resetting the post count to zero for the link-posting checks might help a bit without unnecessarily penalising people who have just taken a break.

Alternatively, who really has enough time to give a f**k about this?

Whatever Ben does or doesn’t do about this is f**king brilliant as far as I’m concerned.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:20 am My reason for this proposal is that these sleeper accounts are obviously misused for trolling, shilling, spamming and other unfair behaviour.

Opinions?
I think you're seriously misrepresenting the scale of that. There are large numbers of these accounts, only a tiny fraction of which have been misused.
And its very obvious that its brand-new accounts that are most commonly misused.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^^^ that ^^^
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:20 am I wonder if inactive accounts should be deleted after let's say two years.
Especially when they have done only a minor figure of posts.
sounds like a hell of a job separating any quotes and whatnot?

that would be the issue.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Site Stuff”