Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

exmatproton wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:33 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:05 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:28 pm .........
Here are some of my favorite presets, in case you are curious:

Arp/Barracuda (I've spent hours just jamming with this. Tweak MW, AT and the green assigned sliders)
Hi bmanic,
I am actually curious. What defined patches going into the Arp section, I realise some have motion and not arpeggiator on, but Barracuda has so little motion on my end and no arp, I was curious.
rsp
+1. Some arp presets aren't 'arping' ;)
:)
This.. :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:37 pm
billcarroll wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:21 pm ....
You can right click on the patch name in the main window and get to the favorite button for the current patch a bit easier.
Oh I didn't know that..
Thanks
rsp
Actually I realise I had tried this before out of a guess and it didn't work.
Mac intel 11.7.3, Cubase 12, vst3.
rsp

edit: unless what you mean is that it doesn't allow you to favourite in that section but opens the browser with the patch selected. But it can't be this you mean since left click does the same thing too.
rsp
sound sculptist

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:53 am Some odd decisions
If you have two filters set to 'per osc' and you have three osc's .
The first osc goes into the first filter , the second into the second one ,but the third one goes into both filters ( untill you insert a third filter , then osc3 --->filter 3)
It would be more logical if the third osc would not be filtered at all when only 2 filters are inserted
A workaround is to add a third filter, set it to clean, and turn the cutoff all the way up.

Hi bmanic,
I am actually curious. What defined patches going into the Arp section, I realise some have motion and not arpeggiator on, but Barracuda has so little motion on my end and no arp, I was curious.
rsp
You need to "unlock" the arpeggiator. Upon install the arp seems to be locked to OFF. Once you unlock it, the arp patches work.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:13 pm
Hi bmanic,
rsp
You need to "unlock" the arpeggiator. Upon install the arp seems to be locked to OFF. Once you unlock it, the arp patches work.
This is what fixed it for me too.
They must’ve had it locked when compiling.

The Envelopes “Slopes” can be modulated with Bitwig modulators! Sick sound design fun this morning! :phones:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

billcarroll wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:15 am
bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:05 am Made a pretty neat sound just now, driving a bunch of filters into each other at increasing volume (tied to note-on velocity values). It's a simple 1 osc sine wave feeding the chain.

The width and panning you hear is a bunch of envelopes modulating the filter pan control subtly to cause chaos. There's also key tracking used to slightly offset all the self oscillating filters.

Google Drive link, mp3 (3.9mb)
that's really pretty. wish it had made it into the presets
You can download it from Gearspace here:

https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... stcount=71
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:36 pm The Envelopes “Slopes” can be modulated with Bitwig modulators! Sick sound design fun this morning! :phones:
That's actually one of the cool things with FabFilter plugins. Almost every single parameter is exposed as VST automation target. Thus you can modulate pretty much everything.

Arp/Barracuda (I've spent hours just jamming with this. Tweak MW, AT and the green assigned sliders)
Hi bmanic,
rsp
rsp
It's a bug somewhere. The arp LOCK symbol should NOT be turned on by default. If you have lock turned on and the arp is off, then there will be no arpeggiator for the ARP presets. Just turn the lock off and reload the preset.

Arp LOCK is meant for you to set your own arpeggiator settings and then lock them down so no preset can override it.

zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:18 pm Whilst I am happy for the new preset browser, I am finding favourite a pita with it.
I open the browser, select a patch and then have to go to the column to the right next to the patch name to favourite it, but lord forbid I accidentally inadvertently move up or down in the preset list, the rightmost column then shows that preset not the loaded one that I want to favourite.
rsp
Totally agree! This is something that needs to be fixed/made a lot easier. Probably the 'star' symbol should be available right next to the name, like it is in some other synths.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:54 am
bmanic wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:15 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:01 pm Some presets seem really quiet or not making a sound for me.
Is it the ones in the Sidechain category?

Otherwise it's a bug. I quickly double checked a fresh install of Twin3 and all presets have pretty even volume (except for a very few drum sounds that abuse the compressor and thus can clip a bit). There are a few presets in the Sidechain category that do not make any sounds.

Do you have Twin2 installed? Are you perhaps browsing Twin2 preset folder? Twin3 is not 100% backwards compatible.
No these are Twin 3 patches mainly in the pads section
It's playing OK in Studio One so I think this is a bug with the VST3 in Komplete Kontrol on Ventura and Apple Silicon native and Rosetta mode. Some presets don't play properly - eg Pads/Beautifully Haunting and Arps are not playing, this is separate from the bug with the Arp lock - even with lock off they are still not triggering.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:42 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:18 pm Whilst I am happy for the new preset browser, I am finding favourite a pita with it.
I open the browser, select a patch and then have to go to the column to the right next to the patch name to favourite it, but lord forbid I accidentally inadvertently move up or down in the preset list, the rightmost column then shows that preset not the loaded one that I want to favourite.
rsp
Totally agree! This is something that needs to be fixed/made a lot easier. Probably the 'star' symbol should be available right next to the name, like it is in some other synths.
This..

rsp
sound sculptist

bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:39 pm

Hi bmanic,
rsp
rsp
It's a bug somewhere. The arp LOCK symbol should NOT be turned on by default. If you have lock turned on and the arp is off, then there will be no arpeggiator for the ARP presets. Just turn the lock off and reload the preset.

Arp LOCK is meant for you to set your own arpeggiator settings and then lock them down so no preset can override it.
Got ya. Thanks.
Time for me to change the default patch.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:54 pm
bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:39 pm

Hi bmanic,
rsp
rsp

Got ya. Thanks.
Time for me to change the default patch.
rsp
It's not just the lock being on when it shouldn't - at least in Komplete Kontrol, and maybe other hosts the ARP is not triggering properly and some other patches are also silent or sound wrong with the VST3 - the VST2 seems OK so far

Question around saving presets.

Now I may well have missed a button, but is there a way to just 'Save' rather than always 'Save as'? If I make a preset then yeah initially save as is good, but then subsequent saves I would prefer to just press a save button and asked if I want to overwrite. It seems as though you can only save as, then go to the folder where the preset is saved, pick the preset you want to overwite...

Return to “Instruments”