Auto-Tune inventor Dr. Andy Hildebrand wins Grammy and celebrates with limited time promo price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:58 pm Fair point.
and bloody "stomp" remember them?
attached bin lids to their feet then stomped
my ex wife paid money to watch that :x

dangayle wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:01 pm
DCrown wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:33 am As I already mentioned a guitarist would rather play one more take and not be happy a software to correct their performance, because they know to play.
lol if you don't think solos are pitch corrected these days as well
i recently heard some bloke, going on about how most music now is faked, except the likes of oasis, you don't get them using autotune...

yes, yes you do. sadly it didn't bloody help :x still sounds like a drowning dog.

im not really angry.
dunno why :x keeps popping up.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:04 pm
My Missus dragged me to see it around 5 years ago…. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:16 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:04 pm
My Missus dragged me to see it around 5 years ago…. :lol:
:dog: you poor man.
i was lucky enough to be working that evening :lol:

If you take the migraine out of the picture, it was a fine way to celebrate her birthday! Actually, the choreography is interesting, innovative, and entertaining.
But I'll deny I ever said that.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:25 pm If you take the migraine out of the picture, it was a fine way to celebrate her birthday! Actually, the choreography is interesting, innovative, and entertaining.
But I'll deny I ever said that.
when we did that as kids, my grandparents told us "shut that racket up!"

northerners, didn't want to see their grandkids doing "theatre" obviously :lol:

can someone with autotune, feed it some yoko ono, just for fun.

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:40 pm I do not think the tool itself is the issue. The issue is that its overuse has become "a thing", almost as if in certain cultures it is code to use this tool that way, as if one has to do it to belong.
I think it is the tool itself, to a large degree. Because Auto-Tune, specifically, is so obvious and cringy. It is abused in this way because it can be. And, there is nothing “original” about abusing Auto-Tune in exactly the same way as everyone else.

I love Melodyne, on the other hand. It is a serious tool with a certain, quiet dignity. It can salvage an otherwise great performance, and it does so discretely.

And unlike Auto-Tune, Melodyne is not really known outside the audio engineering profession. People have been correcting pitch ever since the Eventide H910. But the public wasn’t really aware of that on a wide scale. And if it wasn’t for Auto-Tune, and the abuse of it, the public still wouldn’t be aware. And we would all be better off for it.

It is precisely Auto-Tune entering the public consciousness that has undermined confidence in the authenticity of contemporary music. Much as AI deep fakes have undermined the public’s confidence in celebrity sex tapes.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I’m siding with team ‘Auto Tune is just a f**king tool and the fact that it seems to give so many a hate hardon is truly bizarre’.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

299$ is still expensive.

Hard tuning effects are synonymous with Autotune but they needn't be. A few billion people had no clue Autotune was being used at all because the engineer dialed back the settings and automated it so that you'd never know it was doing its thing. It's almost as if some people in this thread have little experience with it.

Since someone brought up the Eventide H910 we are now going as far back as 1974. That's 49 years where we've been mucking with pitch correction. You'd think we'd have it sorted by now.

Think of all of the innovations to music making that have happened during the past 50 years that have changed audio production or given rise to entire genres of music. How many of you have ever used quantizing to tighten up a performance, used a sampler and arranged your beats, how about changing the entire structure of a song with a few keystrokes. Hell, I put a band in a stone church in Norway and they didn't leave my basement . I suppose that makes any of us who have used a DAW, a sampler, virtual instrument, harmonizer and countless other tools a fraud. It seems nonsensical to me that Autotune gets singled out as the harbinger of musical doom.

Creative people will make noise. Not all of it will be good, not all of it will be tasteful. Some of it will be cliche. Some musicians will accuse others of being cheaters as they hypocritically caress tiny imperfections in their own mixes using any of the hundreds of plugins that they have installed on version 12 of their current DAW.

A rare few will make art that stands the test of time and will use the tools of the day to do so. Twas ever thus. Perspective people.
revvy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:34 am I’m siding with team ‘Auto Tune is just a f**king tool and the fact that it seems to give so many a hate hardon is truly bizarre’.

Eddie Van Halen used the tape deck as a compositional tool and stiched he solos together with edits and then would learn the solo after he left the studio. David Lee Roth explained the technique in a podcast a couple of years ago. It predated software but the point is still made. The tools were used and artists weren't above exploiting them.
DCrown wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:33 am As I already mentioned a guitarist would rather play one more take and not be happy a software to correct their performance, because they know to play.

I'll side with musicianship via hard work. Just like it was done until the late 90's. I'm oldskool that way.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

By the time the 1990s rolled around , it wasn't old school. Not by a long shot.
Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:47 am I'll side with musicianship via hard work. Just like it was done until the late 90's. I'm oldskool that way.

Return to “Effects”