Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I have had a Alpha Juno and now use a Dtronics DT300 in combination with the Audiorealism REdominitor. It is a cool plugin, sysex compatible with the HW version but it is also a few years old already, the filter in high res erea is a bit gnarly. But overall a cool plugin and the only one available.

I really would like a TAL version with modern bells and whistles, just like he did with the juno/jp8/101 etc.

Roland is dropping hard on my fav list and things like not including all expansion to their plugs is just lame. Really Roland, really really LAME

These zencore xpansion are dull and the legendary version too crippled, it is not 2017 anymore when they where on the top of the VI game with their legendary version.

The expansionpacks and preset packs they sell are lackluster BS. They should just add them for everyone who has the licence for the host plugin. I never use em BTW and when skiing tru them I felt there was alot of re-using/relabelling older SRX presets.

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:07 pm
randomtestsubject wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:59 pm I'd love for them to release an ACB Alpha Juno as well. Truly magical and underappreciated synth.
How is it different from the Juno 60 and 106?
It is the hoover machine due to the env to pitch (+/-) function that isnt on the regular junos.
Also the added waveforms.

It is the 90s rave/techno machine

I have included some of my patches in this post enjoy :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is anyone on this forum using Cubase Pro 12 - latest edition on Apple M based computers?
Can anyone verify that Roland VST3 plug-ins are NOT blacklisted in Cubase 12 Pro?
Running Cubase in compatibility mode under Rosetta, I have no “blacklisted” plugins but as soon I switch Cubase to AS mode, Roland plugins become banned…

JamminFool wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:45 am have you tried AudioRealism ReDominator?
Thank you for the suggestion, I have tried it, and while the new filter emulation definitely improves things, for me it still doesn't quite nail the overall sound. I get the sense the focus of Redominator is hoover type sounds, and it seems to do those well, but when comparing other factory patches with my hardware, the difference can be pretty noticeable on some of them. Still, I appreciate what Audiorealism has done and hope they continue to improve it, but I would love to see other developers like TAL, Softube, or Roland release emulations as well.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:23 pm Is anyone on this forum using Cubase Pro 12 - latest edition on Apple M based computers?
Can anyone verify that Roland VST3 plug-ins are NOT blacklisted in Cubase 12 Pro?
Running Cubase in compatibility mode under Rosetta, I have no “blacklisted” plugins but as soon I switch Cubase to AS mode, Roland plugins become banned…
I don't have a Mac, but this support page may be of some help. It seems they are still working on it:
https://www.roland.com/global/support/s ... lang=en-JM

Most of the plugins show info similar to this:
AU: Native support with the latest version
VST: Work with Rosetta 2
AAX: Work with Rosetta 2

I just read a new email from Roland Cloud that mentioned this:

"As of June 7th, 2022, Concerto and associated instruments are completely free to use with no required authorization. However, these instruments will no longer be available in Roland Cloud Manager very soon."

I already downloaded and backed up the files for those myself, but thought I'd pass along the news for anyone who might not see the email.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice reminder. thanks!

Examigan wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:54 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:23 pm Is anyone on this forum using Cubase Pro 12 - latest edition on Apple M based computers?
I don't have a Mac, but this support page may be of some help. It seems they are still working on it:
https://www.roland.com/global/support/s ... lang=en-JM

Most of the plugins show info similar to this:
AU: Native support with the latest version
VST: Work with Rosetta 2
AAX: Work with Rosetta 2
Vst3 not native
Reason can’t use it in Cubase

is Concerto a seperate download? i can't find it. or is it included in all the products listed under "Discontinued"?

IIRC, it installs Concerto along with (for instance)1987.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:19 pm IIRC, it installs it along with the Concerto products, such as 1987.
understood. thanks!

Examigan wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:02 pm I just read a new email from Roland Cloud that mentioned this:

"As of June 7th, 2022, Concerto and associated instruments are completely free to use with no required authorization. However, these instruments will no longer be available in Roland Cloud Manager very soon."

I already downloaded and backed up the files for those myself, but thought I'd pass along the news for anyone who might not see the email.
Any advice on how to do that backup? I read the article showing how to move rmr files but I have no idea where the 6 gig of samples are for Concerto.

i would just backup the setup files.

Yes, I would back up the setup files if I knew where they were.

I just downloaded 1987 again, just to remind myself of what happens, and the file was in my Downloads folder of my PC. I just copied and pasted whichever files I DL'ed to where ever, like an external drive, etc.

Return to “Instruments”