Is Xfer Serum ever discounted?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GHOST19 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:03 pm
UtopianLament wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:38 pm
GHOST19 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:31 pm Steve also doesn't believe in respecting European Court of Justice rulings about license transfers. Another thing to consider.
Why would he? He lives in the USA.
If you sell stuff in the EU you have to abide by EU business law. Same applies for most countries.
Apparently that's not true, he's not charging VAT fees either and he's been doing it for almost 10 years now. .

UtopianLament wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:05 pm
GHOST19 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:31 pm Steve also doesn't believe in respecting European Court of Justice rulings about license transfers. Another thing to consider.
If you sell stuff in the EU you have to abide by EU business law. Same applies for most countries.
Apparently that's not true,
it is you know, thats why such rules exist. same with the vat...

however, the first is a civil law, so requires a complainant to bring a case, which would cost thousands up front
so not likely

the vat, he probably doesn't sell enough for them to give a shit, seeing as they cant be arsed chasing google or amazon.

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:13 pm

however, the first is a civil law, so requires a complainant to bring a case, which would cost thousands up front
so not likely

the vat, he probably doesn't sell enough for them to give a shit, seeing as they cant be arsed chasing google or amazon.
you don't to go through with a full case in civil court, in many places you can start with a formal complain at the local consumer protection agency.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:53 pm

so not likely

you don't to go through with a full case in civil court, in many places you can start with a formal complain at the local consumer protection agency.
wouldn't know, never needed to, but thanks for the clarification :)

then im not sure why no one has bothered trying? but it's still a law, that could be enforced.
they wouldn't just make laws that people don't really have to bother with :hihi:

not that im saying anyone should either, i have no opinion either way on it being ok or not, if it's upfront then it's a decision you make before purchase, it's on you imo.

There is a 20% student discount for Xfer products.

I don't get it. And when you sell Serum and give the buyer the account? What should he do?

doh! double-post :dog:

How does it compare to the cheaper alternatives such as Vital?

so not likely

No, it's not. Sorry, but you don't know international law. US companies are not required to collect VAT for products they sell and distribute from the US, and that includes software and online services. Likewise, EU sellers to US consumers are not required to collect state sales tax, so this cuts both ways.

The only exception is if they have a physical business presence in the country/state to which they are selling.

The same applies to EU consumer protection laws.

Source: Me. I have to know these laws because my company does millions in online sales, and I set up the tax compliance engines. We don't market to the EU, but if they order, we do ship there and are happy to take their money.

teilo wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:06 pm

so not likely

No, it's not. Sorry, but you don't know international law. US companies are not required to collect VAT for products they sell and distribute from the US, and that includes software and online services. Likewise, EU sellers to US consumers are not required to collect state sales tax, so this cuts both ways.

The only exception is if they have a physical business presence in the country/state to which they are selling.

Source: Me. I have to know these laws because my company does millions in online sales, and I set up the tax compliance engines. We don't market to the EU, but if they order, we do ship there and are happy to take their money.
fair enough. thanks for the correction :)

what about the licence transfer stuff though? do you know the rules for that?

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:32 pm
teilo wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:06 pm

so not likely

fair enough. thanks for the correction :)

what about the licence transfer stuff though? do you know the rules for that?
No, US companies don't have to follow EU transfer laws either. EU laws mean jack shit outside of the EU.

Return to “Instruments”