B5 Version 2.5 and 3 make no sound in latest Falcon and Workstation standalone

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I play them via my Masterkeyboard I can see the keys in Falcon/Workstation being pressed but the instruments don't produce a sound. When I click with the mouse on the keys I hear the sound.
When I load Falcon or Workstation as VST3 in Cubase everything works as expected. I don't have this problem with the other AS libraries I own.

It looks like it's a MIDI channel issue (because clicking the keys produces sound), since Organs have 3 keyboards, you can't just send any MIDI channel and play, you need to set specific ones in the preferences. By default, they are ch1, ch2 and ch3 respectively for upper, lower and pedals, so if you send anything else, it won't produce a sound.

If that's not it, maybe create a ticket on our website and attach a MIDI file with the B5 multi at the same time and we will try to understand what the issue is.

What Midi file ?
It's only in the standalone versions

I did not know that :)
So it works in a sequencer? Have you tried to set the MIDI channels in the preference page?
If you see the keys being pressed in UVI Workstation, that means MIDI is being transmitted, also if it works when you click on the keys, that means the B5 upper manual works on channel 1 (the keys send notes on channel 1).

Everything points to the fact that your keyboard does not emit on channel 1 2 or 3, so you need to find out which channel and set it accordingly in the preferences.
The other instruments we make don't need MIDI channel redirection because they are monophonic and will work on any channel, but the Hammond organs have 3 distinct keyboards, so it's required.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”