Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

m-ac wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:14 pm Are they ever going to release any more sonic extensions? Since they were released, I've been putting off buying two that I want until a third is released so I can get the cheaper bundle pricing. I'm almost completely over it at this point.
Someone on another forum did talk to a rep a while ago who said more extensions are in the works. That could mean tomorrow or 2049 of course.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:46 pm
m-ac wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:14 pm Are they ever going to release any more sonic extensions? Since they were released, I've been putting off buying two that I want until a third is released so I can get the cheaper bundle pricing. I'm almost completely over it at this point.
Someone on another forum did talk to a rep a while ago who said more extensions are in the works. That could mean tomorrow or 2049 of course.
Tomorrow? Excellent!

m-ac wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:08 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:46 pm
Tomorrow? Excellent!
Oh great. The Day the Earth Stood Still... for 26 years...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Guess it might be a two-year cycle for Sonic Extensions and we might need to wait until October/November 2023, which is fine. I need to make more use of the one I have got.

Spectrasonics may be tied with Propellerhead/Reason Studios for the 'making us wait the longest for things' title. Last time they released more hardware profiles for Omnisphere was in March of 2019 and I was always under the impression that they would be adding hardware profiles on a more frequent basis, but guess not.

Edit: I went into plugin errors, found omnisphere and rescanned to fix.....
The latest update 2.8.5c has stopped Omnisphere from working in Bitwig. Existing projects show "plugin missing" and it has disappeared from the instruments list, as has the manufacturer Spectrasonics. Standalone is fine and I checked that it still works in Cakewalk and it does. When I try to add manually I get could not read meta data error.

Here comes a new Sonic Extension:

https://www.sonicextensions.com/twisted-trees/

https://youtu.be/T2S2fTigXJY

By the way, zvenx please change the title of the topic to Spectrasonics Sonic Extensions. Thanks!

Great!

I've no use for this but it's nice seeing there's something going on at Spectrasonics.

soulata wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:42 am Great!

I've no use for this but it's nice seeing there's something going on at Spectrasonics.
Yeah, I was expecting something more useful for song-based music production, but this one is not for me either. Sounds incredible for what it is though.

Something nice and appreciated from discount viewpoint though...

From the newsletter:
New Loyalty Discounts For Sonic Extensions!

Great News! We’ve improved our Sonic Extensions discount system. Your discounts now apply to all future extension purchases too! In other words, you no longer have to purchase multiple titles at the same time to qualify!

It’s very simple:

20% off when you buy a 2nd extension
30% off all additional extensions

With today’s release of “Twisted Trees”, this is a fantastic time to take advantage of the new loyalty system!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:15 am Something nice and appreciated from discount viewpoint though...

From the newsletter:
New Loyalty Discounts For Sonic Extensions!

Great News! We’ve improved our Sonic Extensions discount system. Your discounts now apply to all future extension purchases too! In other words, you no longer have to purchase multiple titles at the same time to qualify!

It’s very simple:

20% off when you buy a 2nd extension
30% off all additional extensions

With today’s release of “Twisted Trees”, this is a fantastic time to take advantage of the new loyalty system!
i just wanted to rant about it lol then saw this post, great move spectrasonics thx :).

strange i dont get any newsletters.... need to check my account.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

this twisted trees video is a bit funny : guy running around and hitting wooden stuff with stuff : )

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:12 amYeah, I was expecting something more useful for song-based music production, but this one is not for me either. Sounds incredible for what it is though.
I have the full Spectrasonics set at the moment, but this might be the first thing I don’t buy. I’ve not had a chance to really go through all the demos, but the video didn’t have any sound I really loved or felt I could use. It wasn’t bad at all, far from it, but for all Diego’s brilliance at creating instruments, the end results just didn’t grab me.

That said, both FX look really nice. I think a full patch play through video is needed.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I may be in the minority, but all of these extensions have been a big miss for me. I'd rather see a big Omnisphere update instead.

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:46 pm Someone on another forum did talk to a rep a while ago who said more extensions are in the works. That could mean tomorrow or 2049 of course.
LOL! "Someone on another forum"
"did talk to a rep"
"a while ago".

Well, that's pretty definitive then, isn't it!
My friend's brother's cat's sister's cousin says more extensions are in the works, and also that the moon is made of cheese. I can hardly contain my excitement!

Return to “Instruments”