DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

melodyz wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm HI on the akai fire, would it be more useful to have alt and grid arrows change the root note and holding shift plus alt and the gird arrows to control the scale layout? Basically switching the button combos?
Will take note to check when I find some time to revisit the Fire.

stempswood_dan wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:04 pm Hi. I hope this is the right place to post. I've really been enjoying using the Novation X with DrivenByMoss. However, with one of my tracks the controller seems to have become stuck with one particular instrument selected which it refuses to move from. I have to use the birds eye view to move away from this particular selection of instruments and I can't edit device settings on any of the other instruments. I wondered whether anyone would be able to help? Many thanks.
Sorry, no idea. Are there some steps to reproduce it?

synthet1c wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:41 am @Moss is it possible to add a timeout setting for the Behringer xTouch screen notifications? Eg, if i'm in a PLUG-IN and change the FADER BANK the full screen is used to display the current fader bank information. It's are very handy to get to know the device, but having them display for an extended period of time gets in the way.

Ideally it would be great to have an option to set the notification delay in milliseconds/seconds either in a textbox or select box.
This is pretty hard since there is no exact time measuring possible via. the API. It is even dependent on the computer speed.

First of all Moss I must express my gratitude for you creating these cool controller scripts for Bitwig! I'm lucky that Bitwig is my favorite DAW at the moment. I must ask though, I have friends who were wondering if it was possible to create scripts like this for Logic Pro X. How difficult would it be to achieve?

Dear Moss, On an MCU, X-touch, the VU meters only come on when the track monitoring is enabled. Please consider, if possible, enabling the VU meters on rec enabled tracks without monitoring. Thank you so much.

moss wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:53 pm This is pretty hard since there is no exact time measuring possible via. the API. It is even dependent on the computer speed.
It wouldn't matter if it's not accurate, just that it hides faster. Currently it's up for what feels like a couple of seconds blocking the ability to use the screens, simply flashing it for a moment would be fine. Perhaps a select with fast, normal, slow options would be better?

dofosho wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:00 pm First of all Moss I must express my gratitude for you creating these cool controller scripts for Bitwig! I'm lucky that Bitwig is my favorite DAW at the moment. I must ask though, I have friends who were wondering if it was possible to create scripts like this for Logic Pro X. How difficult would it be to achieve?
Up to my knowledge Logic has no open API to do such things.

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:34 am Dear Moss, On an MCU, X-touch, the VU meters only come on when the track monitoring is enabled. Please consider, if possible, enabling the VU meters on rec enabled tracks without monitoring. Thank you so much.
Hmm, that's strange. There is no such check, they should be always active. Is this with latest Bitwig 4.4.8? Which OS?

I understand that the Launchpad Mini's user parameters can be stored in a template, as well as stored as part of a project. Is it possible to extend this to have them saved on a per track basis. Use case : when using a Poly Grid the set of user parameters would be loaded. Leaving that track would either restore what was there before or load the other track's user-defined controls.

mevla wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 pm I understand that the Launchpad Mini's user parameters can be stored in a template, as well as stored as part of a project. Is it possible to extend this to have them saved on a per track basis. Use case : when using a Poly Grid the set of user parameters would be loaded. Leaving that track would either restore what was there before or load the other track's user-defined controls.
That's not possible since User-parameters are always global to the project and the mapping is fully controlled by Bitwig. But you can also create Performance pages with remote controls for your devices, maybe this helps with what you are trying to achieve.

moss wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:18 am
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:34 am Dear Moss, On an MCU, X-touch, the VU meters only come on when the track monitoring is enabled. Please consider, if possible, enabling the VU meters on rec enabled tracks without monitoring. Thank you so much.
Hmm, that's strange. There is no such check, they should be always active. Is this with latest Bitwig 4.4.8? Which OS?
Latest Bitwig 4.4.8, Win10

To clarify, it's the track input level VU meter when recording audio that's missing on X-touch, not playback level. The peak meter on BW's mixer shows a signal but nothing on X-touch unless track is being monitored.

Hi Moss,
May you have any solution or idea for an old Novation ReMOTE 25 (Original) to work with Bitwig ?
Any advise would help.
Thanks.

Does anyone have an issue where the Akai FIRE is stuck in a test pattern showing off its pretty lights? Mine is sweeping through every light and every color, if I press any button, DrivenByMoss still works to drive Bitwig but visually it just resets the test pattern again with everything lit up. Maybe nothing to do with DrivenByMoss but not sure.
Its worked out of the box for months but suddenly looks like its on display at a music store. Anyone know what this is or if it is software or hardware switch?

Flutchy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:50 pm Hi Moss,
May you have any solution or idea for an old Novation ReMOTE 25 (Original) to work with Bitwig ?
Any advise would help.
Thanks.
Sure. Use the Generic Flexi. See the tutorial videos on my Youtube channel.

moss wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:30 pm Sure. Use the Generic Flexi. See the tutorial videos on my Youtube channel.
Thank you Sir !

Return to “Controller Scripting”