Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seangm wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:33 pm Glad I didn't bother finishing the survey. It got to the question "What type of subscription would you prefer" and there wasn't an option for "No subscription" so I bailed at that point. Even PB is trying to ram subscription down everyone's throats.
Yes, that's the kind of misleading survey that irritates or plainly disconnects me.
Crucial ideas being pushed by manipulative or sidetracked framing.

Plus, when are they gonna learn subscription business models don't really belong in the music *making business world?

*Edit: added for precision
Last edited by Nspace on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I see people are disappointed with the survey's free plugin, but I don't get it, is there something wrong with StereoSavage Elements?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:49 pm Turns out lese IS more - not heard of these before I saw an ad on KvR front page for a new Spectral Delay but it turns out they not only have some novel plugins but also have a 35% sale on right now and a couple of freebies

https://lese.io/plugins/
Where do you get that 35% off from?

Nspace wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:10 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:49 pm Turns out lese IS more - not heard of these before I saw an ad on KvR front page for a new Spectral Delay but it turns out they not only have some novel plugins but also have a 35% sale on right now and a couple of freebies

https://lese.io/plugins/
Where do you get that 35% off from?
SALE: All Plugins 30% off

From now until April 12, all our plugins are available for a 30% discount using the coupon code below

MARCH23
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Sorry 30 not 35%

everyPlugin.com wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:21 pm Some free Waves stuff:
First takers, please comment on 'gossip' thread so I update here.
These are old serials so I can't guarantee anything!
  • TrueVerb FREE - 8F03E4B2443B46558475D90352BC38BC
  • Renaissance Bass FREE - E606AFE46C454750893D9613BD4DDA14
  • Upgrade H-EQ to Morgan Page - 76760B8DD7784C79B5FB260FBD6DF0CE
  • Upgrade CLA guitars to Bundle - 3C6F0AFC793B4732AD95C905E2DDA4FF
For the last Two: Don't buy H-EQ or CLA guitars especially!
As I said: no guarantee that the serials would work.
Must use them this week.
Took the TrueVerb - thanks very much

Got this in email from Best Service:
Bye Bye Waves!

To our great regret, Waves announced that as of March 26th, perpetual licenses for single plug-ins and plug-in bundles will no longer be available (Live Applications excluded).

We are clearing our license stock!
Looks like Waves is going subscription only after March 26th (and so their plugins won't be available from dealers obviously). Can anyone confirm? Sorry if this was already discussed before.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:31 pm Got this in email from Best Service:
Bye Bye Waves!

To our great regret, Waves announced that as of March 26th, perpetual licenses for single plug-ins and plug-in bundles will no longer be available (Live Applications excluded).

Looks like Waves is going subscription only after March 26th (and so their plugins won't be available from dealers obviously). Can anyone confirm? Sorry if this was already discussed before.
They've had one for some time.

Looks like they're going all in on subscriptions now.

Were the revenues from perpetual licences shrinking to the point of being unsustainable for them as a business?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:31 pm Got this in email from Best Service:
Bye Bye Waves!

Or perhaps perpetual licenses will only be available directly from Waves? It would be very strange if Waves were going subscription-only without warning people in advance... they must know that they could sell a lot of plugins. Though I guess they might think they could get more people to subscribe if they spring it suddenly, it doesn't seem very likely to me... but IDK. It would be very aggravating to many customers I think.

kitekrazy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:37 pm
Bye Bye Waves!

They've had one for some time.
Yes, but it seems it will be only subscription service going forward since perpetual licenses won't be available. Glad I have everything I want from Waves already if it eventually turns out to be the case.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double Tap wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:30 pm
First takers, please comment on 'gossip' thread so I update here.
These are old serials so I can't guarantee anything!
  • TrueVerb FREE - 8F03E4B2443B46558475D90352BC38BC
  • Renaissance Bass FREE - E606AFE46C454750893D9613BD4DDA14
  • Upgrade H-EQ to Morgan Page - 76760B8DD7784C79B5FB260FBD6DF0CE
  • Upgrade CLA guitars to Bundle - 3C6F0AFC793B4732AD95C905E2DDA4FF
For the last Two: Don't buy H-EQ or CLA guitars especially!
As I said: no guarantee that the serials would work.
Must use them this week.
Took the TrueVerb - thanks very much
I have CLA Guitars, but the upgrade serial didn't work for me. IDK if someone else got it and didn't post or what....

• Mercury - *joking* :wink:
oh, you!
williams.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gaggle of hermits on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v1o wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:41 pm Looks like they're going all in on subscriptions now.

Were the revenues from perpetual licences shrinking to the point of being unsustainable for them as a business?
Guess finally we won't see the endless $29.99 plugin sales. But it probably might just change to $29.99 for subscription instead. :hihi:

Could be an interesting move, and as Ou_Tis mentioned, it could definitely piss many people off. Perpetual via only Waves is indeed a possibility.

The $29.99 pricing was probably unsustainable it might be a good thing if we saw the end of it. I'd like to see how PA responds and whether they'll stop selling cheap 29.99 plugins.

What interesting is that there's been no comment from Audiodeluxe, Everyplugin and JRR.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”