Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5 UPDATE | Winter Sale Now On

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Anyone have any guesses on the next addition to Shaperbox?

Reverb? Delay? Or?

OzoneJunkie wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:33 am Anyone have any guesses on the next addition to Shaperbox?

Reverb? Delay? Or?
ShaperBox is robust and complete enough for now. I'd like to see a modernized Curve2. It's a synth that deserve it.

plexuss wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:00 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:33 am Anyone have any guesses on the next addition to Shaperbox?

Reverb? Delay? Or?
ShaperBox is robust and complete enough for now. I'd like to see a modernized Curve2. It's a synth that deserve it.
ditto. curve sounds so good

Reverb? Delay? Or?
Whatever it will be, I don't expect it to sound good or musical. I mean the flanger, distortion or noise of Shaperbox really is sounding uninspring cheap and 90% of the presets, too. AIR recently showed how to make such a tool simpler, better and musical, I mean it's Akai, they always knew how to!

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:48 pm We just released ShaperBox v3.2.3 – an update focused on workflow and quality improvements.

Some of you asked for a way to access the presets from ShaperBox 1 & 2, so we've added a "Show Legacy Presets" option to the Main Menu. When enabled, all legacy presets will appear in the Browser's All section. Please Sync once to download them.

We've also made improvements to wave editing. Selections can now be randomized. And Shift-clicking a Wave Preset now scales it to the same vertical range as the current wave – for example, to try different wave shapes within a narrow filter cutoff range.

There are new "Auto" options (on by default) for the editing grid and background waveform oscilloscope. These switch between Straight and Triplet grids depending on LFO Length, and select the most appropriate oscilloscope mode (Stereo, Combined or Magnitude) for each Shaper, respectively. There's also a "Snap on by default" option, if you prefer ShaperBox to launch with snap-to-grid enabled.

The sidechain detector signal is now shown while adjusting the Envelope/Compressor's Filter Band. The LFO Timing Mode (Beat / Hertz / Pitch) is now DAW-automatable. And we crushed a few bugs too!

Download the ShaperBox 3.2.3 update from your account, or try the demo.
First thanks for this great update. I appreciate to have the old presets now. What is weird, is that there is no 1 to 1 correlation between the old presets and the ones visible in SB3.
E.g. you have Timer 1, Timer 2 and Timer 3 in SB2. In SB3 it are different names and partly different content. The same with Stutter 1, 2, 3 and so on...

SamDi wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 am First thanks for this great update. I appreciate to have the old presets now. What is weird, is that there is no 1 to 1 correlation between the old presets and the ones visible in SB3.
E.g. you have Timer 1, Timer 2 and Timer 3 in SB2. In SB3 it are different names and partly different content. The same with Stutter 1, 2, 3 and so on...
Ouch - you're right, some presets are missing. Could be that it's presets that we manually adjusted, but I need to look into it closely. I guess to have an answer later today or tomorrow.

SamDi wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 am First thanks for this great update. I appreciate to have the old presets now. What is weird, is that there is no 1 to 1 correlation between the old presets and the ones visible in SB3.
Ouuuuch! It had not just been a few presets, but almost 4000 presets. So, please sync again, and those 4000 presets will be added. I remember that when testing if the import worked, I realized presets had been missing and just though "well, that's the ones we marked for deletion because we did a new version." I should have looked twice.

To see the ShaperBox 1 and 2 presets in the "All" section, you need to tick "Show Legacy Presets" in the Main Menu. I am personally no fan of them, I think we did a good job with the ShaperBox 3 preset library, as those presets are all overhauled, named well, sorted into categories and there's plenty of them.

But well, if you have some presets from SB1+2 that you liked, you can now find them in ShaperBox 3. The legacy presets are prefixed with "SB1" or "SB2".

plexuss wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:00 am

Reverb? Delay? Or?
I vote for Curve 2 too...

But if there is imho something missing for Shaperbox it would be "Modulating the Modulators" ...
Something like Steve has realized for Serum´s LFO´s that you can define break points as modulation targets (the "Bus" way of doing this is brilliant) which you can then modulate/automate with different sources...

I often miss the ability to just take a random LFO and change some of the breakpoint timings for more variety and not to be stucked into a fix LFO type pattern or having a shitload of work to workaround this issue via multiple LFO shape presets and switch them via Midi... this is cumbersome and wouldn´t allow for more smooth changes anyway...

This would be really great and would enhance the possibilites widely...

Does anyone know how to have the Noise module only play noise when audio is present in the track and be silent when the track is silent? I'm trying to use the vinyl crackle and it just plays continuously whenever I start the DAW playback whether there is any audio going through that track or not, I only want it to add the noise when the instrument or audio is playing in the track. Both RC-20 and UA Needlepoint have settings where the noise will only play when there is audio going through it but I don't see anything like that for Shaperbox. There's a "Duck" mode that I thought might do that but it doesn't work that way. Thanks.

Search for "envelope" mode and reference in the manual... ;)

- Mario

An updated MIDI Shaper would be far more useful to me than more ShaperBox modules.

That said, being able to stack multiple of the same module could be fun.

mabian wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:10 pm Search for "envelope" mode and reference in the manual... ;)

- Mario
Thanks, it's working now.

ShaperBox HalfTime Kickstart Native Silicon AAX header.png

ShaperBox v3.3 is here! Along with HalfTime and Kickstart, ShaperBox has been updated with native support for Apple Silicon under Pro Tools AAX.

We have also added a much requested ShaperBox feature: the Pitch control in NoiseShaper now has its own dedicated LFO and Envelope Follower. This really opens up some great sound design possibilities. For example, you can modulate the pitch of noise samples to create subtle pitch variations, modulated drum tones, wild FX, soaring risers, and more.

Check out Joe's quick video for 3 great ways to use the new Noise Pitch LFO:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Idj7uXL_T0s

Download the ShaperBox 3.3 update from your account, or try the demo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:02 pm ShaperBox HalfTime Kickstart Native Silicon AAX header.png

ShaperBox v3.3 is here! Along with HalfTime and Kickstart, ShaperBox has been updated with native support for Apple Silicon under Pro Tools AAX.

We have also added a much requested ShaperBox feature: the Pitch control in NoiseShaper now has its own dedicated LFO and Envelope Follower. This really opens up some great sound design possibilities. For example, you can modulate the pitch of noise samples to create subtle pitch variations, modulated drum tones, wild FX, soaring risers, and more.

Check out Joe's quick video for 3 great ways to use the new Noise Pitch LFO:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Idj7uXL_T0s

Download the ShaperBox 3.3 update from your account, or try the demo.
sounds good! Upgraded my V2 to V3 earlier this week this feels like an extra gift on top :tu: . I just wanted to say that I own a lot of VSTs and Shaperbox is by far the on I use the most. It really is a swiss army knife.
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

HOTF wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:25 pm
sounds good! Upgraded my V2 to V3 earlier this week this feels like an extra gift on top :tu: . I just wanted to say that I own a lot of VSTs and Shaperbox is by far the on I use the most. It really is a swiss army knife.
I agree. But there's one thing that perplexes me - why after all this time there's still no delay and reverb?

Return to “Effects”