Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Will V2 get MPE? Also slower granular going to 2 grains? .. sounds too fast for some things at 10 grains per second or whatever it is now. If v2 is getting MPE I would rebuy v1 straight away..

twal wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:58 pm
AlthoughUdonotlikeit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:44 pm If I save a patch with samples in Avenger, are the samples saved with the preset or not? This is critical because otherwise I would not be able to share a preset with another producer friend who does not have that expansion installed.
"All needed content files (shapes, samples etc.) are in the
folder", so any preset you send should contain the sample, or if its a sample that they already have through factory/expansion they will have to probably direct it or have that sample within the folder of the preset. That's my understanding.

EDIT: Also would like to note that some presets use samples from other expansions. Not sure if this is only third party. I believe that some expansions use samples from factory.

I doubt that this is the case, because if the other producer hasn't bought and installed the expansion from where the sample comes from, how will he be able to play it? I think you can't save the samples with the presets, from what I found out a few minutes ago in other music forums, the preset in Avenger saves the "Path" of the one you programmed but not the .wav it uses (if there is one), this makes it impossible to share sound expansions between producers. Maybe we are missing something. For example with the Electra 3 synth in Tone 2, any sound you program and save keeps the 'sample or samples' you have used in it, if you share it with another producer, it just drags it to the user's sound folder and plays it, I hope VPS works like this .... and if not for version 2.0 hopefully.

AlthoughUdonotlikeit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:33 pm
twal wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:58 pm
AlthoughUdonotlikeit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:44 pm If I save a patch with samples in Avenger, are the samples saved with the preset or not? This is critical because otherwise I would not be able to share a preset with another producer friend who does not have that expansion installed.
"All needed content files (shapes, samples etc.) are in the
folder", so any preset you send should contain the sample, or if its a sample that they already have through factory/expansion they will have to probably direct it or have that sample within the folder of the preset. That's my understanding.

EDIT: Also would like to note that some presets use samples from other expansions. Not sure if this is only third party. I believe that some expansions use samples from factory.

I doubt that this is the case, because if the other producer hasn't bought and installed the expansion from where the sample comes from, how will he be able to play it? I think you can't save the samples with the presets, from what I found out a few minutes ago in other music forums, the preset in Avenger saves the "Path" of the one you programmed but not the .wav it uses (if there is one), this makes it impossible to share sound expansions between producers. Maybe we are missing something. For example with the Electra 3 synth in Tone 2, any sound you program and save keeps the 'sample or samples' you have used in it, if you share it with another producer, it just drags it to the user's sound folder and plays it, I hope VPS works like this .... and if not for version 2.0 hopefully.
Yeah, that's what I meant. They need to have the sample. Not sure how the samples are saved. If you save a preset it either duplicates it or uses the path. You're right.

Hi
your own (oneshot) samples (samples that have been drag and dropped from your HD into an OSC) are saved within the presets. Samples which have been selected from another XP or the FactoryLib, only the path is saved.

(Of course samples from XPs are not saved in the presets, otherwise you could re-save all presets and give it as "the xp" to anyone. Samples from XPs require the other guy, to have that XP, too.)

Examples of macros, fx, mw and at for expression, variations and shaping sounds

https://youtu.be/5_F_wiVd5Hw

Hi Manuel
Are there any plans to enhance the chorder/voice module, to make it free of aliasing.
It's rather bad as it is now... (or could it be a bug maybe)?
I can upload an example of the problem, unless it's something you guys are aware of and it's on purpose to save cpu when using the chorder module.

Ole
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:38 pm Hi Manuel
Are there any plans to enhance the chorder/voice module, to make it free of aliasing.
It's rather bad as it is now... (or could it be a bug maybe)?
I can upload an example of the problem, unless it's something you guys are aware of and it's on purpose to save cpu when using the chorder module.

Ole
did you send an email to support already ?

No, i will do that allso
Just wanted to know if it is a design decision, before going further
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Avenger is now rent-to-own via Plugin Boutique. £92.50, or £7.75 pm for 12 months.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3201
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Is that good news? That's how it started with Accusonus...

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:49 pm Avenger is now rent-to-own via Plugin Boutique. £92.50, or £7.75 pm for 12 months.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3201
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if V2 is out in the next few months while someone is on this V1 rent to own. I mean what are the upgrade options then.

I don't think it's possible to release it this year, not even next year, too many features, too many ideas.
Isn't Zebra3 a topic for about 8 years?
V2 even might go subscription...?

we plan to release in 3/4th qarter 2023 and do everything possible to realize this. And if not something odd happens, like corona, world financial crash or aliens, we will be able to do this.

msvs wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:34 am we plan to release in 3/4th qarter 2023 and do everything possible to realize this. And if not something odd happens, like corona, world financial crash or aliens, we will be able to do this.
So it won't happen Miguel; Corona is here to stay, Europe already crashed financially, have you seen the Deutsche Bank today? and according to tik-tok's most famous time traveler, the hostile aliens already took yesterday 8.000 who knows where, now if I have serious doubts your 3/4.... plan will be successful. (just kiddin' :oops: )

who is "Miguel"?

Return to “Instruments”