Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Krovatin wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:42 pm Avenger can NOT play samples pitched up/down without changing speed/length, like TAL sampler or Melodyne. Even Avenger 2.0 as I right understand will not do it. IMHO, this is much more important feature than some "advanced" arpeggiator etc.
In Avenger you just have to use multi loop. You can even choose your time stretching algorithm.

msvs wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:24 am pointless and OT discussion. I am out :arrow:
Vengaence Avenger Synth v. 2.0 is COMING! LET's GOooooooooo !! 8) :tu:

AxlMaldini wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:57 pm
msvs wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:24 am pointless and OT discussion. I am out :arrow:

When?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:39 pm
AxlMaldini wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:57 pm

When?
Manuel already said it, sometime in 2023, be patient, this new version brings many new things, it takes time to devise them, program them, re-program them, test them and finally deploy the new version, meanwhile use the latest 1.8.3, version 2 will be here soon for our happiness! :hyper: :tu:

JS_SEA wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:50 pm
DCrown wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:32 pm
JS_SEA wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:44 am Hello
I completely disagree with some posts here holding the opinion Avenger is not versatile soundwise or limited to club music only. Imo it can cover almost every music style. The factory sounds and the big choice of top notch expansions give you a huge choice to create sounds for a lot of styles. The modulation potential is the best I know.
Avenger's most outstanding features for me are
sound quality, macro assignments, modenv, fm, quality of effects and the huge modulation potential for expressive and creative sound design. You can create any sound you want and as to in the face sounds Avenger is unmatched and can sound as analog as real analog synths.
I made a video with sound examples of Funkomanic presets to show a different side of Avenger and different music style different from what you are used to.
https://youtu.be/Ntxm-RbWS44
If all the audio in your vid is Avenger, then you must have a different version than me and I have 1.85. C'mon, it's so obvious that you used some tape sim and analog synth in addition or maybe also samples. Avenger 's effect section has no tape sim! Hiding this obvious information is not cool, sorry, not cool at all!
Every synth has its character and recognizability!
Hello
What exactly makes you think it's not AVENGER?
AVENGER is the only synth I used, all effects are AVENGER, no additional synth or fx!
There's only a limiter on master bus not colouring the sound.
I see, I mean, I know Avenger is versatile, even though Avenger Vengeance xps are not very, but, well, although it's versatile, the last thing I would think of Avenger is 70s music, I mean, some examples have the vibe of 70s or even hippie music, well, kinda strange to hear examples of Avenger very different from what one is used to.
At 3:57, didn't you use a tape sim? how did you do that with Avenger?
The clavinet in another example sounds great, I have Pianoteq Hohner and IKM clavinets, I just don't like them, your Avenger sounds much more funky and I do like funk.
Well, I have to admit I am not good at creating my own sounds, well, I am a new Avenger user. What's your approach? What's the best way to design own sounds with Avenger, not just electronic music sounds? Any tips?

I'm working on a skin for VPS Avenger, and wondering if anybody knows how you change the knobs from vector to bitmap in the config file?

DCrown wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:35 am
JS_SEA wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:50 pm
DCrown wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:32 pm
JS_SEA wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:44 am Hello
I completely disagree with some posts here holding the opinion Avenger is not versatile soundwise or limited to club music only. Imo it can cover almost every music style. The factory sounds and the big choice of top notch expansions give you a huge choice to create sounds for a lot of styles. The modulation potential is the best I know.
Avenger's most outstanding features for me are
sound quality, macro assignments, modenv, fm, quality of effects and the huge modulation potential for expressive and creative sound design. You can create any sound you want and as to in the face sounds Avenger is unmatched and can sound as analog as real analog synths.
I made a video with sound examples of Funkomanic presets to show a different side of Avenger and different music style different from what you are used to.
https://youtu.be/Ntxm-RbWS44
If all the audio in your vid is Avenger, then you must have a different version than me and I have 1.85. C'mon, it's so obvious that you used some tape sim and analog synth in addition or maybe also samples. Avenger 's effect section has no tape sim! Hiding this obvious information is not cool, sorry, not cool at all!
Every synth has its character and recognizability!
Hello
What exactly makes you think it's not AVENGER?
AVENGER is the only synth I used, all effects are AVENGER, no additional synth or fx!
There's only a limiter on master bus not colouring the sound.
I see, I mean, I know Avenger is versatile, even though Avenger Vengeance xps are not very, but, well, although it's versatile, the last thing I would think of Avenger is 70s music, I mean, some examples have the vibe of 70s or even hippie music, well, kinda strange to hear examples of Avenger very different from what one is used to.
At 3:57, didn't you use a tape sim? how did you do that with Avenger?
The clavinet in another example sounds great, I have Pianoteq Hohner and IKM clavinets, I just don't like them, your Avenger sounds much more funky and I do like funk.
Well, I have to admit I am not good at creating my own sounds, well, I am a new Avenger user. What's your approach? What's the best way to design own sounds with Avenger, not just electronic music sounds? Any tips?
Hello
At 3:57 you mean the ending of audio track I simply moved the pitch wheel a little, no magic trick.
And the clavi, for funk you need some good clavi and it's easy to do it with AVENGER, I took a kind of cello sound of Dystopia and shaped it to a clavi.
You write you are new to AVENGER, so first of all rtfm! Some softsynth users have ten or more softsynths, but don't even know the basics of one synth. Maybe choose not more than two of your fav synths and learn the basics first. AVENGER is a pretty complex synth with a whole bunch of features, but once you understand the various options to create sounds or own presets, you can create whatever you want to. There is not one way only to create presets. Sometimes I am inspired by a special sound in a song or by presets of another synth, sometimes I just tweak and randomly choose a sound, maybe layer some more sounds, just try some different modulations, add effects and voila you have created some new cool preset. AVENGER is a powerhouse feature wise and soundwise.
The vps xps are music style related, some great xps for club music, but you can use the sounds of an xp for other music styles too as source sounds and just shape them.
My music styles are rock, funk, experimental and latin, so I have to create completely new presets. My approach to create presets is different from vps xps, because my music styles are different.
For funk you want to have lots of pitched, wah like, sometimes percussive sounds, so I use AT and MW a lot as modulation source.
Spike is great for creating percussive plucked funk sounds or to create a great funky up front bass sound, the best bass source sound I found in Dystopia xp. I make an extensive use of modenv, modenv is one of the best features and I sometimes use all available modenv to create crazy stuff. Most of my presets have all macros assigned, I wish there would be even more macros and modenv. With a controller keyboard you can assign the macros to your sliders or knobs of the keyboard. Also check all filters of AVENGER to know their character. Check all effects, they are all superb, you won't have to add any third party effects! I could write twenty times more than I already did to explain everything I know about AVENGER. You have to become acquainted with AVENGER and find your way to create presets. Also check the presets of AVENGER factory sounds or xps, even though you might not be into club music, but they could help you to learn and understand the synth and give you ideas and inspire you to try something new.
I hope I could give you some useful hints.

Serum and Spire are much better. They are far better optimized and not buggy at all.

Bla28 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:02 pm Serum and Spire are much better. They are far better optimized and not buggy at all.
Well that's your opinion. I have Serum, too, and had it before AVENGER , but never used Serum again after I had purchased AVENGER.
Avenger buggy? AVENGER is a true masterpiece imo and V2 seems to raise AVENGER to a level most synths might never reach, might never even get close to.
Well, it has to be released one day, maybe even this year. As far as sound design capabilities are concerned the current AVENGER is superior to most synths already.
To each his own, though.

@js sea

Thanks for your tips!

Bla28 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:02 pm Serum and Spire are much better. They are far better optimized and not buggy at all.
Difficult to say that one of these 3 masterpieces is better that the others.
But Avenger is a bigger beast for sure...
But spire is unbeatable for supersaws and Serum is awesome for growling bass (behind phase plant v2 though).

If I save a patch with samples in Avenger, are the samples saved with the preset or not? This is critical because otherwise I would not be able to share a preset with another producer friend who does not have that expansion installed.

AlthoughUdonotlikeit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:44 pm If I save a patch with samples in Avenger, are the samples saved with the preset or not? This is critical because otherwise I would not be able to share a preset with another producer friend who does not have that expansion installed.
"All needed content files (shapes, samples etc.) are in the
folder", so any preset you send should contain the sample, or if its a sample that they already have through factory/expansion they will have to probably direct it or have that sample within the folder of the preset. That's my understanding.

EDIT: Also would like to note that some presets use samples from other expansions. Not sure if this is only third party. I believe that some expansions use samples from factory.

Return to “Instruments”