Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Blaster wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:28 pm
machinesworking wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:48 am
Trancit wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:23 pm I did what???

I don´t know what you have dreamed last night but I never ever touched Digital Performer ever in my life!

Perhaps you should next time make sure you rant about the correct person! :tu:
Sorry that you're not interesting enough to remember what your story is! :lol:
I think you mixed Trancit up with Trensharo: viewtopic.php?p=8518753#p8518753
Lol.

Every 6 months or so one of those defenders show up and act like I have even mentioned DP in the recent past. I haven't mentioned DP on any forums since... February 2021? But every time I see them, they're telling me I'm going around badmouthing it.

AFAIK, they didn't charge the purchase to their CC when I bought it, and when I buy something, I also buy the right to give feedback on it. DP was one of the buggiest PoS DAWs I have ever used in my life. I don't need fanatical shill forum trolls to agree with me to say it or believe it. I used it. I don't give feedback with the expectation that anyone will agree with it. I don't care. They're free to give their own. End users looking for a solution can weigh that feedback themselves and decide if they want to take that plunge.

But, has it really gotten to the point that they are so bitter that, 2 years after we had those conversations, they're still running around here attacking anyone with the same first two letters of their forum handle? All of those people are ignored, so I don't typically see their posts unless someone quotes it, anyways.

For the love.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Oof….
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Trensharo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:57 am
Lol.

Every 6 months or so one of those defenders show up and act like I have even mentioned DP in the recent past. I haven't mentioned DP on any forums since... February 2021? But every time I see them, they're telling me I'm going around badmouthing it.

AFAIK, they didn't charge the purchase to their CC when I bought it, and when I buy something, I also buy the right to give feedback on it. DP was one of the buggiest PoS DAWs I have ever used in my life. I don't need fanatical shill forum trolls to agree with me to say it or believe it. I used it. I don't give feedback with the expectation that anyone will agree with it. I don't care. They're free to give their own. End users looking for a solution can weigh that feedback themselves and decide if they want to take that plunge.

But, has it really gotten to the point that they are so bitter that, 2 years after we had those conversations, they're still running around here attacking anyone with the same first two letters of their forum handle? All of those people are ignored, so I don't typically see their posts unless someone quotes it, anyways.

For the love.
For the record, this is total revisionism, he spent an entire year flaming every forum where DP users gather, nonstop. Getting into arguments with DP users, and generally being a total nuisance. I've never heard of anyone getting a refund from software, and he did. DP is a small user base, and it gets tiring having people trash it who never figured out how to make it stable. It's not any mystery to anyone using multiple DAWs that some plug ins will be incompatible with some DAWs and not others, but this guy refused to troubleshoot this in the least, and lost his mind trashing DP in DP forums constantly. He's literally the worst kind of end user, in other words the problem is between the chair and the keyboard. :roll:

EnochLight wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:08 am
machinesworking wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:58 am Grocery store computers at check out stands are not a logical way to make conclusions. All the computers in the third world with cracked software on it, etc. I would rather go by a developer of a very similar DAW market wise, in the Ableton employee who told me it was 50/50. It's a real number from a real source, sorry if it bothers you for some reason, but it doesn't change the fact of what I was told literally 15+ years ago when Macs were far less popular.
Lmao… sure. You keep telling yourself that.

#fakenews
Kinda fitting you're using the alternative facts presidents saying there. I didn't respond to you because it's obvious to me it doesn't matter to you that people in the audio software industry constantly state that Mac sales are higher than your %17 claim, you have your own little fantasy that in the music industry, long a stronghold for Apple, it's that low, and I'm not changing your mind. Reminds me of a certain cheeto we had as president. 8)

machinesworking wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:37 pm Kinda fitting you're using the alternative facts presidents saying there. I didn't respond to you because it's obvious to me it doesn't matter to you that people in the audio software industry constantly state that Mac sales are higher than your %17 claim, you have your own little fantasy that in the music industry, long a stronghold for Apple, it's that low, and I'm not changing your mind. Reminds me of a certain cheeto we had as president. 8)
Your claims are meaningless when I have first-hand data indicating the exact opposite. And to be clear, just so the goal posts aren't moved and all strawmen are burned, I am talking about your claim that Reason users are 50% on MacOS. That's all.

But hey, you can't even be arsed to admit you gaslighted another forum member here who didn't even say anything you accused them of, so - not surprised of your answer. An apology goes a long way:
machinesworking wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:48 am
Trancit wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:23 pm I did what???

I don´t know what you have dreamed last night but I never ever touched Digital Performer ever in my life!

Perhaps you should next time make sure you rant about the correct person! :tu:
Sorry that you're not interesting enough to remember what your story is! :lol:
:o :roll:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:45 pm Your claims are meaningless when I have first-hand data indicating the exact opposite. And to be clear, just so the goal posts aren't moved and all strawmen are burned, I am talking about your claim that Reason users are 50% on MacOS. That's all.
Your claim is the one that's meaningless, 17% is all computer users = the szme in the audio world. Every audio software developer statistic I'ver ever seen has been between 30-60% Mac users to PC, barring companies like FL Studio that spent years flaming Macs. I used Abletons numbers because it was from the developer himself. Like I mentioned before, it doesn't matter, you don't care about the facts here, Macs have always been used at a much higher rate in the music industry than they are in business and home computer use. Reason 100% has been cross platform since day one, and there's not any reason to believe their numbers aren't similar, barring Logic taking some sales maybe.
But hey, you can't even be arsed to admit you gaslighted another forum member here who didn't even say anything you accused them of, so - not surprised of your answer. An apology goes a long way:
I don't think you know what gaslighting means. Hint, it doesn't mean mistaken identity. :lol:

machinesworking wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:02 pm Your claim is the one that's meaningless, 17% is all computer blah blah blah
machinesworking wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:02 pm I don't think you know what derp derp blah blah blah

EnochLight wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:19 pm 4chan nonsense
Well I guess I forgot where I was, carry on.

NOt going to see any of the above 7 posts, but I'm sure they don't disappoint in delivering entertainment value.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

I’m sure the “50% of Reason users who are on MacOS” will agree with you.

Reasonstudios just updated Reason :-)
Sadly other than Europa, nothing else is AS native :-(

How does that work? You can't run Europa on its own (anymore)

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:56 pm How does that work? You can't run Europa on its own (anymore)
Plug-in only…

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:59 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:56 pm How does that work? You can't run Europa on its own (anymore)
Plug-in only…
I thought the Europa plugin was discontinued?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:04 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:59 pm
Plug-in only…
I thought the Europa plugin was discontinued?
Europa VST has been a deprecated product for some time now, so no clue what Atlatnesiti is talking about. Anyway, the only improvements aside from bug fixes are some nice enhancements for Reason standalone DAW - the browser now filters VST 2 from VST 3 as well as RE's. Nice to see standalone Reason DAW getting some love! :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”