Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

agharta wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:38 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:38 am Does anyone know if Expressive E Imagine synth has ever been on sale for lower than the current $83 price? Since Imagine uses iLok licensing, I assume license transfers are possible?
Transfers are allowed and they told me that they waive the ilok transfer fee.
Thank you. I wonder how they waive the iLok transfer fee, any idea? Because this is interesting and probably the only exception I have come across yet.

Also, I believe if I were to buy it from Plugin Boutique the above would still hold true since I will just need to redeem the activation code in iLok and could transfer it from there as usual? EDIT: Seems this should be possible as per https://help.pluginboutique.com/hc/en-u ... meone-else

I don't see a demo and hence I want to make sure the license transfer is possible in any and all cases in case I don't find it suitable later.

Thank you, I tried the following but no luck. However - I really appreciate the post.

OneKnob Wetter

93945864DE2A45D998B19EEE5333FEBA
B554016287C24AAB979F5B20F310EB02
D6D55FBA8B3349578230B6F48B2F5AF1

Waves Eddie Kramer Effects Channel
Authorization Code: D68D245B08E24367A5AA2FE698CDD719

Waves TrueVerb
Authorization Code: E6B40E34FA354A3EB7F597DEAABAD8DF
022213C79F6D4C31A934C0F19D26DDD8

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:17 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:38 am Does anyone know if Expressive E Imagine synth has ever been on sale for lower than the current $83 price? Since Imagine uses iLok licensing, I assume license transfers are possible?
Thank you. I wonder how they waive the iLok transfer fee, any idea? Because this is interesting and probably the only exception I have come across yet.

Also, I believe if I were to buy it from Plugin Boutique the above would still hold true since I will just need to redeem the activation code in iLok and could transfer it from there as usual? EDIT: Seems this should be possible as per https://help.pluginboutique.com/hc/en-u ... meone-else

I don't see a demo and hence I want to make sure the license transfer is possible in any and all cases in case I don't find it suitable later.
iZotope do it with their Exponential Audio stuff too. But, knowing that and mentioning it to other developers has so far led to them refusing to do so in my experience. :shrug:
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

I would need to check their email, but I think they issue a new serial number and presumably cancel the old one.

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:46 am

iZotope do it with their Exponential Audio stuff too. But, knowing that and mentioning it to other developers has so far led to them refusing to do so in my experience. :shrug:
Do you mean iZotope says no to license transfers of products bought via Plugin Boutique? or Plugin Boutique has any say on that? Based on the link above, it looks like PB is simply asking us to contact the respective vendor for the license transfer.

agharta wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:07 am
I would need to check their email, but I think they issue a new serial number and presumably cancel the old one.
I see. So that means we don't need to use the iLok license transfer system and simply email them for requesting license transfer? Guess this is the only way they waive off the $25 transfer fee.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:14 am
agharta wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:07 am
I see. So that means we don't need to use the iLok license transfer system and simply email them for requesting license transfer? Guess this is the only way they waive off the $25 transfer fee.
"For Noiy/Imagine resales we don't follow the regular rules of iLok that ask a fee from the vendor, Instead, you would need to remove any Noisy/Imagine activation(s) from your computer(s) using iLok License Manager (no dongle required) and can then ask us to provide a new code to the person you have sold the software to free of charge."

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:14 am
Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:46 am

Do you mean iZotope says no to license transfers of products bought via Plugin Boutique? or Plugin Boutique has any say on that? Based on the link above, it looks like PB is simply asking us to contact the respective vendor for the license transfer.
Oh, sorry, no... I meant that iZotope also waive the iLok fee for their Exponential Audio transfers.

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:21 am Oh, sorry, no... I meant that iZotope also waive the iLok fee for their Exponential Audio transfers.
I really don't know, but another user in KVR told me that now Exp Audio licenses doesn't have the iLok fee and the iZotope team make the transfer for you without the fee. (I know, it sounds crazy, but I haven't tried yet to be sure).

My question is, in that way, could I get more than one activation? Because Exponential Audio gives you only one activation to their reverbs. It's annoying for me, because I have more than one pc and now I'm starting to work on another studio and I need my plugins 😅
Music Producer from Vitral Music :phones: Check my KVR Feedback.

agharta wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:17 am
"For Noiy/Imagine resales we don't follow the regular rules of iLok that ask a fee from the vendor, Instead, you would need to remove any Noisy/Imagine activation(s) from your computer(s) using iLok License Manager (no dongle required) and can then ask us to provide a new code to the person you have sold the software to free of charge."
Okay, great. Thanks for the information. :)

However, I assume they have a way to disable the license that is in the seller's iLok, because only deactivating the license won't help.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:21 am Oh, sorry, no... I meant that iZotope also waive the iLok fee for their Exponential Audio transfers.
Okay, good to know that. Thanks. :tu:

maldomusica wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:18 pm
I really don't know, but another user in KVR told me that now Exp Audio licenses doesn't have the iLok fee and the iZotope team make the transfer for you without the fee. (I know, it sounds crazy, but I haven't tried yet to be sure).
I can confirm it's true. That's what I was explaining to LoveEnigma18; I've done it myself with iZotope and they did the transfer without having to pay the fee.
maldomusica wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:18 pm
My question is, in that way, could I get more than one activation? Because Exponential Audio gives you only one activation to their reverbs. It's annoying for me, because I have more than one pc and now I'm starting to work on another studio and I need my plugins 😅
I'm not sure about that, as I only had 1 reverb (R4) and Excalibur, and they only had 1 activation each too. You'd have to ask them directly. The responses from their support team are usually pretty decent in terms of wait times.

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:27 pm I can confirm it's true. That's what I was explaining to LoveEnigma18; I've done it myself with iZotope and they did the transfer without having to pay the fee.

I'm not sure about that, as I only had 1 reverb (R4) and Excalibur, and they only had 1 activation each too. You'd have to ask them directly. The responses from their support team are usually pretty decent in terms of wait times.
Thanks bro! Good to know that :hug:

I don't know if someone posted this before, but IK Multimedia are offering the Vintage 670 Comp (fairchild) for free, after completing a survey. :party:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=14147

I have Total Studio Max, but it might help someone.

maldomusica wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:35 pm
Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:27 pm I can confirm it's true. That's what I was explaining to LoveEnigma18; I've done it myself with iZotope and they did the transfer without having to pay the fee.

Thanks bro! Good to know that :hug:
I always found that a strange thing to do from iZotope. Because, at least if I remember correctly, they do not recall your iLok license either. They just issue a new one to the new owner. I could be wrong, but I think I still have valid iLok licenses in my account that are for plugins that I transferred to a new owner through iZotope support.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”