Audialab Emergent Drums - Generate endless drum samples!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You know what would be really useful, if AI could generate velocity/MPE mapped multisamples from a single sample, so that we can create more expression and humanisation from a single sample, rather than improvised methods like mapping velocity to volume, envelope, filter etc.

FeelingMachine wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:24 pm You know what would be really useful, if AI could generate velocity/MPE mapped multisamples from a single sample, so that we can create more expression and humanisation from a single sample, rather than improvised methods like mapping velocity to volume, envelope, filter etc.
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

I have wanted the exact same thing! :D
A real-time round-robin resynthesis engine that you feed with, as you mentioned just one sample, but it generates variations of this sample (be it horns, violin, vibraphone, flutes etc.) every single hit on the keys. :love:

Or as you mentioned, makes a super expressive MPE patch (with all its variations) from a single sample! 8)
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Is this thread for real? Is it a parody ? Or AI generated? It must be art

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:39 pm
FeelingMachine wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:24 pm You know what would be really useful, if AI could generate velocity/MPE mapped multisamples from a single sample, so that we can create more expression and humanisation from a single sample, rather than improvised methods like mapping velocity to volume, envelope, filter etc.

A real-time round-robin resynthesis engine that you feed with, as you mentioned just one sample, but it generates variations of this sample (be it horns, violin, vibraphone, flutes etc.) every single hit on the keys. :love:

Or as you mentioned, makes a super expressive MPE patch (with all its variations) from a single sample! 8)
Its been available for a while - you dont need AI for it. If you think about a given sample - what are the "variations" : Pitch, Volume, Timbre and Timing.... so these are easy enough to modulate in most samplers - I wrote IRRE (Infinite Round Robin engine) over 10 years ago...It's been in all my sample based products ever since...
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Lind0n wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:52 pm

Its been available for a while - you dont need AI for it. If you think about a given sample - what are the "variations" : Pitch, Volume, Envelope, Timbre and Timing.... so these are easy enough to modulate in most samplers - I wrote IRRE (Infinite Round Robin engine) over 10 years ago...It's been in all my sample based products ever since...

Its been available for a while - you dont need AI for it. If you think about a given sample - what are the "variations" : Pitch, Volume, Timbre and Timing.... so these are easy enough to modulate in most samplers - I wrote IRRE (Infinite Round Robin engine) over 10 years ago...It's been in all my sample based products ever since...
Thank you for stopping by and thank you very much for letting me know about IRRE! :tu:
The only ChannelRobot product I have is KeyTone - but I have not yet installed it - will do that right NOW! And look at all the other libraries/plugins by you! 8)
I've bought stuff in 2020 that is still not installed - Keytone was at least bought in the summer of 2022! ;) *Installing*
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:38 pm

Thank you for stopping by and thank you very much for letting me know about IRRE! :tu:
The only ChannelRobot product I have is KeyTone - but I have not yet installed it - will do that right NOW! And look at all the other libraries/plugins by you! 8)
I've bought stuff in 2020 that is still not installed - Keytone was at least bought in the summer of 2022! ;) *Installing*
Thanks - the IRRE amount is set using the RR Model in the Designer page...

I disagree. Take an extensively sampled drum kit snare for example, and compare it to one snare sample modulated with typical sampler features, and the difference is obvious. A drummer hitting a snare and it's resulting changes is far more nuanced. I wonder if you can train AI to model the differences and then apply that model to any single sample.

came across this cause of NI sale now and watched a youtube video. seems pretty interesting, wondering what the topic is about :D. i like drum computer of sugar bytes. is this plugin any well? im sceptical with new companies, praisin AI stuff, maybe also calling home copy protection?
if you generate sounds, can you also save them as WAV?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Given that the samples are generated on their server, Emergent Drums has to call home all the time by design. And it verifies its copy protection through that.

You can use it completely offline as well, but you can't generate any samples then.

Any sample you generate in it, you can drag it into your DAW as a WAV file.

What you get with ED: limitless new drum sounds. Even funny noise stuff when you load in your own sample and have it generate variations from that. And some of the sounds are actually pretty decent.

What you don't get with ED: finer details on how to shape each drum sounds. A sequencer. More than basic effects.

jules99 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:16 am Given that the samples are generated on their server, Emergent Drums has to call home all the time by design. And it verifies its copy protection through that.

You can use it completely offline as well, but you can't generate any samples then.

Any sample you generate in it, you can drag it into your DAW as a WAV file.

What you get with ED: limitless new drum sounds. Even funny noise stuff when you load in your own sample and have it generate variations from that. And some of the sounds are actually pretty decent.

What you don't get with ED: finer details on how to shape each drum sounds. A sequencer. More than basic effects.
thanks a lot, well no fan of this calling home, i dunno how BACKBONE from Steinberg is in comparison but maybe im gonna tend to this one, cause Steinberg is a bit longer in the game.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”