Share IK Tonex captures

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like the WorshipTutorials folks just started putting up some vintage VOX AC30/6TB captures. That's an exciting development! I've got a few of their impulse responses and they're pretty darn good. Free captures of their Vox was unexpected but very welcome.

ImageBogner/Hafler Triple Giant
90's three channel rack preamp. Seven 12ax7 tubes!

New, post-update advanced, amp only captures of real Bogner/Hafler Triple Giant thru VHT 2502 poweramp. Preamp only Tone Models available as well. Perfectly gainstaged Clean, Brown and Sharp channels captured without cab thru Two Notes Captor loadbox.
https://www.tone.net/tonex/users/recourt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks Recourt for continuing to share!

There's a new user with the handle of Sonicvent posting really terrific captures of vintage Fender amps (a '59 Deluxe and '66 Bassman) along with a clone of a '62 Tremolux (brownface). Really worth checking out. That Tremolux sounds so good with the greenbacks that I suddenly want one! :hihi:

So I'll also say thanks to sonicvent for sharing (wherever you are).

I'm waiting to get my AC15C1x back from the shop, but should be ready soon. Once I have it, I'll do captures of that, probably with and without cab. It's getting new tubes, a bypassed resistor, and the bass pot is being tweaked to be more vintage Vox-like and interactive along with a few other reliability tweaks. Underrated little amp.

I'll have to look up Sonicvent. Sounds like a good offering.

I need to get my VHT serviced. I worked it so hard with all this modeling. Totally cooked a fuse diving it harder than I ever have with the load box lol.

I think the latest Triple Giant Tone Models I uploaded really capture the essence of that amp. There's tiny nuances to the amp's tone that I recognize in the Tonex model and I'm pretty shocked by that. It's very accurate.

Hey,

We have some on tone.net under user LiveReadySound.

Tonex is great.

Best,
Tim

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:06 am Thanks Recourt for continuing to share!

There's a new user with the handle of Sonicvent posting really terrific captures of vintage Fender amps (a '59 Deluxe and '66 Bassman) along with a clone of a '62 Tremolux (brownface). Really worth checking out. That Tremolux sounds so good with the greenbacks that I suddenly want one! :hihi:

So I'll also say thanks to sonicvent for sharing (wherever you are).

I'm waiting to get my AC15C1x back from the shop, but should be ready soon. Once I have it, I'll do captures of that, probably with and without cab. It's getting new tubes, a bypassed resistor, and the bass pot is being tweaked to be more vintage Vox-like and interactive along with a few other reliability tweaks. Underrated little amp.
How many amps do you have, if I may ask?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:57 pm How many amps do you have, if I may ask?
Just don't ask how many guitars I have. :lol:

Let's see...

1. 70's Princeton Reverb (got it before prices went insane - prior owner wasn't the original owner, but he had put work into it to modify it to look and function like a Blackface Princeton)

2. Vox AC-15C1x, I bought it, had it for a day, took it to my tech for mods (make the tone stack work like a vintage AC30, some reliability stuff - it's still there and probably will be for a while as it may end up being a lot of work)

3. 5E3 Tweed Deluxe Clone (the original builder is a dude name Lance who had a Fender-style plate engraved calling it the Lancer Deluxe, hence why it's called that on TONE.net)

4. Supro Keeley Custom 12

5. Laney Lionheart L5-T

6. Laney AOR 50 combo

7. Fender '94 Twin Amp (needs repair - not sure if I'll bother - way too loud and super noisy when it does work due in part to the always-on FX loop design - not sure what to do with it)

8. Ampeg B50-R (bass amp)

9. Crate GFX212 (my first amp, sounds terrible, may not even work I haven't turned it on in so long - should probably trash it)

10. Roland KC200 keyboard amp on loan

Whoa! How many guitars do you have? I have 16. :lol: :help: :nutter:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:28 pm Whoa! How many guitars do you have? I have 16. :lol: :help: :nutter:
Right around there I reckon. Then like, do you add in banjo and ukelele or electric bass? Do acoustic guitars count?

Note: I can’t play banjo for sh*t.

:hihi:

Irish Bouzouki and Appalachian Dulcimer FTW! :tu:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:38 pm :hihi:

Irish Bouzouki and Appalachian Dulcimer FTW! :tu:
Don't tempt me!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:12 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:28 pm Whoa! How many guitars do you have? I have 16. :lol: :help: :nutter:
Right around there I reckon. Then like, do you add in banjo and ukelele or electric bass? Do acoustic guitars count?

Note: I can’t play banjo for sh*t.
ah, but do you have a banjolele?

I've found the latest update, 1.1.4 a step forward in accuracy. Well done IK. I've created new advanced captures of a Bogner/Hafler Triple Giant rack preamp through a VHT 2502 poweramp plus the poweramp by itself. These new tone models are literally indistinguishable from the real thing. Very good heavy tones. All three preamp channels captured. Clean, Brown and Sharp.

Glad people are finding use for my VHT 2502 power amp model. Thanks to everyone who gave it a like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just posted some new TONEX captures of my AC15C1X. 4 captures of the Normal channel so far from Clean to Dimed. Top Boost channel to come in a week or two. I just made these captures, but I think they're really good.

If anyone watches the Psionic YouTube channel, Lyle really likes these amps, especially when paired with the Celestion Blue as is the case here. I bought the amp in December, sent it to my tech to have some of Lyle's mods done and finally got it back about a week ago (I guess my tech was extra busy as evidenced by the massive amount of amps in the shop). In terms of the mods performed they were namely: bypass r1 on the Normal channel which opens that up, rewired the bass pot on the TB channel for a more vintage-correct Vox wiring/tone, then some maintenance stuff (new EL84s, moved a tube around, higher wattage screen grids).

If you watch this video, basically the same mods, but that amp didn't have the Celestion Blue's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMwGqje2bxw&t

Return to “Guitars”