Melda should consider takig deep studies of Neural Amp Modeler (Open source Modeling of highest quality)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NAM seems to put ToneX and others in it's limits. The Models I tried blew my mind. This thing will really take over the audioworld in a short time.

I can only dream of the possibilities if kind of a NAM 'player' (no need for the modeling part) was integrated in MXXX... EVERYTHING would be possible!

I haven't listened to this yet but I'll try to later. Big shifts in audio lately.

So much this.
mccy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:31 am NAM seems to put ToneX and others in it's limits. The Models I tried blew my mind. This thing will really take over the audioworld in a short time.

I can only dream of the possibilities if kind of a NAM 'player' (no need for the modeling part) was integrated in MXXX... EVERYTHING would be possible!

I do realize that for some sounds profiling, machine learning, sampling, convolutions and similar techniques still produce superior results. But (by necessity) they end up being a form of preset surfing.

And I generally prefer the charm of fiddling with dials over preset surfing.

Circuit level modelling is closer to the ideal of analog instruments, and therefore is less preset surfing and more like turning the dials on analog gear.

So I'm hoping that Melda will be at the forefront of the circuit modelling evolution, rather than some of the sampled/profiled/convolution recording/machine learning techniques.

I also realize that not everyone feels like I do. Many music makers really do prefer browsing presets. And that's okay, too.

noizejoy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:09 am ...
And I generally prefer the charm of fiddling with dials over preset surfing.
And that is why I like Melda's randomization options in their plugins.

mccy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:31 am ... integrated in MXXX... EVERYTHING would be possible!
Since you're looking for amps inside a MXXX type environment, MGuitarArchitect might be close to what you have in mind.

I’m as impressed with machine learning as anyone, but I’m also acutely aware of the limitations. If you are 100% happy with a snapshot of a specific processor, it’s great, but if you would like to adjust things, you are very limited.

Last week I took some of the great NAM captures that I found and tried to recreate them with my AxeFX. Every time, I was able make something that I ended up liking more because I wasn’t hamstrung with fixed parameters, and had access to things like amp/cab impedance curves and even post mic preamp emulations.

Anyway, it’s a fine tool, but I really don’t think it’s going to replace modeled effects.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I don't see the 'limitations' It is no this OR that. I imagine having a (for me) perfect tape saturation in MXXX would mean the possibility of adding timevariant changes like wobbling etc. and I must say that I never heard a tapesaturation as perfect as in NAM. Using Meldas IR(frequency shape)-morphing avoids preset-zapping for CAB models, All you need is a neutral Model of the amp and then experiment with EQs, Frequencycurves, dynamics etc.... This is far from preset hopping. It is soooo superior to have an adequate model of the ampsaturation/overdrive/distortion and then adding fluent parameters then working with an inferior model (and yes, Guitartones in Melda are not that fantastic sounding like NAMs models).

sparella wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:51 pm
mccy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:31 am ... integrated in MXXX... EVERYTHING would be possible!
Since you're looking for amps inside a MXXX type environment, MGuitarArchitect might be close to what you have in mind.

I allready built my own Guitaramps with Melda and I was very satified with the results. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8p3QxYi7cc I even preferred them over the stock ones in Melda, but NAM is a completely different beast. Unbelievable real.

Return to “MeldaProduction”