Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:00 am Doubt they’d do it, but companies with a solid range of plugins like Melda could make a killing if they produced some Silver/Gold/Platinum etc style well matched bundles of their plugins and sold them for say $99/$149/$199.

Probably good news for IK too if they kept their Total Max suite price at current sale price going forwards.
Agreed! Melda is fantastic btw: permanent 'free' version upgrades for all of your Melda software purchases!

Take THAT, WAVES! :hihi:

Maybe when the time is right Melda will offer a deal that you can't refuse for their entire catalogue(!) - if they offer upgrade paths/make it overall cheaper then what was typically paid for a WAVES Mercury bundle...

We'll see.

wangeroge wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:29 pm Softube also making an offer to Waves customers... :lol:

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-27 um 23.27.29.png
Oh yes, I think Waves' competitors love how Waves drives their customers to them.

Purafied currently celebrate it with a huge headline "Wave Goodbye to Subscriptions" on their homepage: https://purafied.com

Plus they have some special offers to celebrate it with: https://purafied.com/collections/featured-plugins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

plugin alliance reset free 20 usd voucher
BOOM! Use your $20 voucher. AGAIN - PA
MEGA-20-OFF :) Ani

JonSolo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 pm Waves Studioverse, from their website:

"Or, if you already have a StudioRack license, you can simply update it in Waves Central, even without a new subscription or demo."

I have StudioRack V12. It will not update to Studioverse. Can anyone else confirm?
It seems the hidden part is that the StudioRack license must be under WUP, so that it can be updated to the latest V14 version. I do have V14 and I updated it to the latest version from the latest Waves Central app and tried opening StudioVerse from it yesterday, but I think it did not work. I will need to try it again today to confirm.

EDIT: Confirmed that it needs to be a StudioRack V14 license. https://www.waves.com/studioverse/knowledge-base

EDIT 2: I checked StudioVerse again and it works for me with StudioRack V14. Just needs internet connection, no subscription needed. However, it needs one manual search for the first instance after opening it in the DAW for the chains to start appearing, which seems a bit odd to me.

This StudioVerse thing looks really interesting to be honest and quite intuitive along with StudioRack.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They did but they also increased the price of several plug-ins; yesterday I bought the Millennia TCL-2 for 4.99$ (24.99$ minus the 20$ voucher) while today its price is 39.99$. Yesterday price for the bx_opto was 14.99 while today price is 29.99
anime wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:32 am plugin alliance reset free 20 usd voucher

autodafe wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:45 pm there' a "live chat" window on waves website. let's "chat-bomb" them :-D
"Currently, no chat agents are available, please use this page to reach out to the Sales Team:"

:lol:

"No we're not prepared to face the shit storm that we created".

I wasn't even contacting them about the subscription issue. Only that the new Central update has f**ked up all of my plugins, for the hundredth time.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Project wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:30 am They did but they also increased the price of several plug-ins; yesterday I bought the Millennia TCL-2 for 4.99$ (24.99$ minus the 20$ voucher) while today its price is 39.99$. Yesterday price for the bx_opto was 14.99 while today price is 29.99
Actually a lot of them have increased prices since yesterday AFAIK, well - that's a bummer. :dog:

Some negative impact of the waves :hihi:

Plugin subscriptions make as much sense as a plumber who rents his tools on a monthly basis.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Audio Thing Vintage Exciter is on sale. A replacement for Waves' Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter.

https://www.audiothing.net/effects/type-b/

Regarding Waves subscription, looking at how intense they have gone into this, it looks pretty unlikely they will offer perpetual licenses or WUP again. An outlash could force them to start WUP again but I think that's the best it could get.

I am not a fan of subscription at all by the way, but I am covered with my perpetual licenses, and luckily on Windows, so can expect things to work for a long run if not forever.

Consona wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:40 am Audio Thing Vintage Exciter is on sale. A replacement for Waves' Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter.

LOL. For 29€. They are just taking a piss. :hihi:
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

DanielPL wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:14 am
Project wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:30 am They did but they also increased the price of several plug-ins; yesterday I bought the Millennia TCL-2 for 4.99$ (24.99$ minus the 20$ voucher) while today its price is 39.99$. Yesterday price for the bx_opto was 14.99 while today price is 29.99
Actually a lot of them have increased prices since yesterday AFAIK, well - that's a bummer. :dog:

Some negative impact of the waves :hihi:
I noticed a lot of the ones in the sub $20 bracket have gone up today. If you really want freebies then it's back to the usual suspects; bx pedals, the older unfiltered audio plugs, lindell individuals or the blimin' tuner. :) Oh and that Bass guitar plug, that sounds nice if you need that sound.

wangeroge wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:49 pm
Consona wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:40 am Audio Thing Vintage Exciter is on sale. A replacement for Waves' Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter.

LOL. For 29€. They are just taking a piss. :hihi:
Audiodeluxe: 19 USD

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... ing-type-b

Interesting prices have gone up. With Waves $29.99 was the kind of industry benchmark but maybe that’s going to disappear.

wangeroge wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:21 am Plugin subscriptions make as much sense as a plumber who rents his tools on a monthly basis.
Or in my case like a DIYer who needs to subscribe to all plumbing tools monthly so that I can use a plunger and a wrench once in a while.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”