VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

c0LIn wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:39 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:36 am
Regarding the fact that V2 will have a lot more features, also lot more macros a good custumer friendly service of a dev would be to update all existing expansions and expand and adapt them to new features.
One expansion is € 69!
Now you have 5 assignable macros, v2 20?, so way more macros that could be assigned, more effects, arp with more features etc more cool presets!

Does anyone expect the dev to improve existing expansions? I don't. I think a lot of new V2 expansions will be released, that's how they want to make money.
I think more Macro buttons is because of Avenger 2 not because of new Expansions.
If you own Expansions with Avenger 1 and you upgrade to Avenger 2 you still can use them and you will be able to use them with 12 Macro Nobs and 8 Macro Buttons.
I don't think you are quoting the right person my friend.

Just be supportive, and let the devs come out with it when they're ready.

Jac459 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:36 am Neither VPS/Bartek videos, nor UVI made me buy something, just the opposite.
VPS has lots of VPS + VPS Bartek + Bartek channel expansion videos, most of them the same every time and Bartek presents Avenger as a solo entertainer workstation, nice to watch 1or 2 videos, but c'mon, not so many, too repetetive!
The UVI presentations by this young guy are so bland, I can't watch more than 1 minute.
One day I demoed Avenger and liked it that's all, I can't imagine to have more than 10 expansions in the next 5 years, though.
With 2 or 3 videos of each expansion, the focus is on selling expansions obviously.

I use UVI less than I thought first.
I use Avenger more than I thought first.

Regarding the fact that V2 will have a lot more features, also lot more macros a good custumer friendly service of a dev would be to update all existing expansions and expand and adapt them to new features.
One expansion is € 69!
Now you have 5 assignable macros, v2 20?, so way more macros that could be assigned, more effects, arp with more features etc more cool presets!

Does anyone expect the dev to improve existing expansions? I don't. I think a lot of new V2 expansions will be released, that's how they want to make money.

I read a post that all new features won't be included because of too high cpu performance. So cpu optimization seems to be a big task, maybe they should offer a light version, maybe the reason they won't offer a demo is cpu, but users will share it anyway, last but not least producing new expansions might be reasons why release takes a bit more time than expected.

let me clear up some things :ud: :
- the 2-3 expansions are long finished which will come out at release of v2. Its the features and optimization which takes so long, not the XPs.
- the new macro buttons are for the users, for their own assignments. Even new v2 expansions will use only the first page of macros, like v1 XPs. Thats more than enough to tweak the sound. With the additional macros, the user can add their own modulations to a preset, without having to remove the factory macros to make room.
- of course we have a focus on selling expansions. (and selling the core program) Thats our daily business :?: And of course we will use v2 features in new expansions.
On the other hand, Avenger is an open synth, and you can design your own sounds from scratch. So you dont NEED the expansions. They are for users who do NOT want to make their own stuff and want to focus on making music.
- "I read a post that all new features won't be included because of too high cpu performance"
when someone say, give us 100 osc tabs, then we wont include that, because it would be unusable due to CPU. Some things dont make sense from a dev pov, even if they are theoretically possible.

msvs wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:49 am
Jac459 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:36 am Neither VPS/Bartek videos, nor UVI made me buy something, just the opposite.
....ht be reasons why release takes a bit more time than expected.
some things are quite wrong in your post:
Sorry my friend, I think the first wrong thing in this post is that you are quoting the wrong person 😀.

I never wrote that and would not have written that hehe,it doesn't represent at all what I think.... precisely for the reason you are giving...

msvs wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:49 am
- of course we have a focus on selling expansions. (and selling the core program) Thats our daily business :?: And of course we will use v2 features in new expansions.
... and I wish you to have a flourishing business, you clearly deserve it. Your products show hard work, talent and dedication (did I say talent)?

thank you :)
ps maybe the quote referred to another person, however, I answered it :)

msvs wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:49 amWith the additional macros, the user can add their own modulations to a preset, without having to remove the factory macros to make room.
This is a really good usability feature! Well done! :tu: :tu: :tu:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Given that the Plugin Boutique sale ends soon, does anyone happen to have any conclusive information as to whether buying it through their rent-to-own model get any support for the upcoming 2.0 version?

daychase wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:53 am Given that the Plugin Boutique sale ends soon, does anyone happen to have any conclusive information as to whether buying it through their rent-to-own model get any support for the upcoming 2.0 version?
Yeah, would like to know as well. Asked a couple of times in the other topic, but no replies yet. I will just wait for the version 2.0. Already have Nexus4, so Avenger is not essential or urgent for me. In fact, I bought Nexus earlier (after debating between the two) after getting some insights from Manuel himself and KVR members' advice.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:05 pm Yeah, would like to know as well. Asked a couple of times in the other topic, but no replies yet. I will just wait for the version 2.0. Already have Nexus4, so Avenger is not essential or urgent for me. In fact, I bought Nexus earlier (after debating between the two) after getting some insights from Manuel himself and KVR members' advice.
Clearly Avenger is one of the best synth out there and 115USD is a catch... So I guess you should jump on the deal.

My 2 cents: generally when an upgrade is a new version with no backward compatibility, you need to pay in full for the upgrade because it is actually a different synth (like massive and massive x for example).
If the version is backward compatible then in majority the vendor offer an upgrade plan because compared to a new user, it is like the new user would have the previous version for free.
(at least that's my observation).

Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:27 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:05 pm Yeah, would like to know as well. Asked a couple of times in the other topic, but no replies yet. I will just wait for the version 2.0. Already have Nexus4, so Avenger is not essential or urgent for me. In fact, I bought Nexus earlier (after debating between the two) after getting some insights from Manuel himself and KVR members' advice.
Clearly Avenger is one of the best synth out there and 115USD is a catch... So I guess you should jump on the deal.

My 2 cents: generally when an upgrade is a new version with no backward compatibility, you need to pay in full for the upgrade because it is actually a different synth (like massive and massive x for example).
If the version is backward compatible then in majority the vendor offer an upgrade plan because compared to a new user, it is like the new user would have the previous version for free.
No question it is an awesome deal for a fantastic synth and indeed very tempting. But since I already have Nexus4 with expansions, I have always been a bit tentative about buying Avenger. Whenever I have wanted to buy it, I have asked myself if I really need it, since I am not much into designing my own sounds. For presets, I am covered with a lot of other synths including Nexus4.

I think your point about version makes sense, but I am not sure if Avenger 2.0 will be a completely new product, like Massive X. I think there will still be some crossgrade/upgrade pricing, but I guess Plugin Boutique or Vengeance might not have thought about this for the RTO.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:50 pm

No question it is an awesome deal for a fantastic synth and indeed very tempting. But since I already have Nexus4 with expansions, I have always been a bit tentative about buying Avenger. Whenever I have wanted to buy it, I have asked myself if I really need it, since I am not much into designing my own sounds. For presets, I am covered with a lot of other synths including Nexus4.

I think your point about version makes sense, but I am not sure if Avenger 2.0 will be a completely new product, like Massive X. I think there will still be some crossgrade/upgrade pricing, but I guess Plugin Boutique or Vengeance might not have thought about this for the RTO.
Yeah, if you aren't interested in making your own presets I would not recommend it at full price but if you want to enjoy yourself the price is fantastic. The expansions are mind blowing. They are easily, quality-wise, the best patches I've heard. These are expensive (relative to the degree of musicianship they are not). They are worth it imo, but price-quantity is expensive. Manuel gave you the right advice on Nexus. Yeah, Avenger has impressive presets, but the bang for your buck comes when you use Avenger to make your own sounds, and with Nexus you have a lot already you don't need to program. It depends on how much money you want to spend. When I heard the Melancholia XP I was sold immediately, because the quality was on a whole different level.

twal wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:41 pm
Yeah, if you aren't interested in making your own presets I would not recommend it at full price but if you want to enjoy yourself the price is fantastic. The expansions are mind blowing. They are easily, quality-wise, the best patches I've heard. These are expensive (relative to the degree of musicianship they are not). They are worth it imo, but price-quantity is expensive. ....

.....It depends on how much money you want to spend. When I heard the Melancholia XP I was sold immediately, because the quality was on a whole different level.
Fully agree on the expansions (at the top with falcon ones in my view). But that's a double sided sword. Because it is very very difficult to resist buying lol.

Surprised that you name melancholia though... I like chill music but didn't get sold on this one. Where did you listen to the patches?

Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:47 pm
Yeah, if you aren't interested in making your own presets I would not recommend it at full price but if you want to enjoy yourself the price is fantastic. The expansions are mind blowing. They are easily, quality-wise, the best patches I've heard. These are expensive (relative to the degree of musicianship they are not). They are worth it imo, but price-quantity is expensive. ....

.....It depends on how much money you want to spend. When I heard the Melancholia XP I was sold immediately, because the quality was on a whole different level.
Fully agree on the expansions (at the top with falcon ones in my view). But that's a double sided sword. Because it is very very difficult to resist buying lol.

Surprised that you name melancholia though... I like chill music but didn't get sold on this one. Where did you listen to the patches?
This is the showcase with Bartek, there is also a video with the creator of the set (Alan Morris) and a Demo on the Youtube channel. I just watched a little of it. I can't even continue, it's too incredible and I need to take it slow this morning lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfOenwAJcBY

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:50 pm

Yeah, if you aren't interested in making your own presets I would not recommend it at full price but if you want to enjoy yourself the price is fantastic. The expansions are mind blowing. They are easily, quality-wise, the best patches I've heard. These are expensive (relative to the degree of musicianship they are not). They are worth it imo, but price-quantity is expensive. Manuel gave you the right advice on Nexus. Yeah, Avenger has impressive presets, but the bang for your buck comes when you use Avenger to make your own sounds, and with Nexus you have a lot already you don't need to program. It depends on how much money you want to spend. When I heard the Melancholia XP I was sold immediately, because the quality was on a whole different level.
Yeah, the price is what makes me think about it (again), but I also fear of getting into expansions and then eventually spending more than desired. The quality is top-notch, no doubt.

I am just trying to stay away from the temptation. :)

Return to “Instruments”